Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apart from personal preference whats your thoughts on VC vs Carrara White(CW)for a Macan GTS

Order placed with CW but now thinking to shift to VC .. any opinions and some pics of 2022 GTS in both colours would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I happen to like flat white more than metallic . I feel the two colors are different and leans towards a tie . Do you want a light Macan or dark one . I tend to like SUV's in dark colors but VG would not be the first pick . Playing the middle is chalk .

Registered
Gray SUVs are a dime a dozen. White is a bit sportier which suits the GTS a bit more.

Reactions: TJMacan and muncie

Registered
So apart from personal preference whats your thoughts on VC vs Carrara White(CW)for a Macan GTS

Order placed with CW but now thinking to shift to VC .. any opinions and some pics of 2022 GTS in both colours would be great.

Of course the colour choice is a very personal thing, but look at the amount of Grey/White/Black/Silver cars around. I'm presently driving a Volcano Grey 2018 Macan S ( purchased s/hand from Porsche) while I wait for my new S, in Papaya...I need some colour in my life after a string of what I think are common and , well, boring colours.

Volcano Grey on its own is a nice colour..one I would not have picked though if buying new...but there are sooo many grey SUV's around, it was time to brighten things up :)

Registered
I currently have a 2018 VG and love it but am taking delivery of a Chalk GTS next week which is my second favourite colour.
I would of bought VG again except wanted a change for change sake.

It is interesting to hear peoples comments on X colour being common blah blah blah but will purchase black or white and don鈥檛 think the same way.

Registered
I currently have a 2018 VG and love it but am taking delivery of a Chalk GTS next week which is my second favourite colour.
I would of bought VG again except wanted a change for change sake.

It is interesting to hear peoples comments on X colour being common blah blah blah but will purchase black or white and don鈥檛 think the same way.
Car colours are a bit like talking about religion or politics..it can get you into strife :) I traded my 718 Cayman ( White ) in on the Macan S I have ordered in Papaya, and the only Macans they had s/hand to fill the gap till my new one arrives were...Grey, Silver or White...so I took the Volcano Grey. As I said previously, it is not a colour I would have ordered on a new car, but that is only because there are so many Grey /Black/ Silver and White cars around. Nick Murray mentioned it in one of his videos on YouTube and that got me looking a bit harder, and he is right...go to any carpark and have a look.

However, if for some reason I could not take delivery of my new Macan ( it is a crazy World at the moment ) I could live with the Volcano Grey I have now..it does look good after a wash and wax parked in the Sun.

Registered

I have a Carrara White S on order. I would have preferred a yellow one, but the extra cost for the colour made it not feasible.
IMO, the factors you need to consider are the climate in your area ~ a dark colour will absorb more heat than a light colour. Well may we have air conditioning, however, as the interior will reach higher temperatures with a dark colour, it will take considerably longer to cool down. However, in a cool climate a dark colour may be beneficial.
I live in a climate that in summer gets over the 40 degrees centigrade range (over 100 degrees fahrenheit), which makes a lighter colour more practical.
To be honest, I find the grey colours to look rather drab, and very common these days!

Registered
I had sapphire metallic blue now I am waiting on a Gentian Metallic Blue and always have a black interior. I also had a lack in black Cayenne and cayman. I live in Arlington Virginia. The month of august on average we have high ninety鈥檚 to 100 degree Fahrenheit everyday of the month, June/ July 80鈥檚 90鈥檚. I have never had an issue with a dark color or dark interior. Porsche seats are not like the old l era at her seats some cars had that you would burn your legs on. I find the seats cool off real quick.

Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux
On a GTS, where the black accents are the key differentiating features, I think a light color is best. Volcano grey is so dark it hides all the black pieces, it even looks black in dim lighting conditions.

if you are going to spend for paint get something fun. I vote python green or carmine red
The two colors in OPs post are a few hundred bucks.
Python forces the $13k GTS sport package. Carmine is over $3k. They're hardly comparable budget wise.

Registered
This discussion has me thinking why is there not better standard colour selection for Macans? A nice deep rich red metallic would be nice (see Mazda鈥檚 red), or maybe a green metallic (dark or light but likely not a popular colour). A middle of the road blue, perhaps, or an OE white. A light or dark bronze would be good too. The energy colours like papaya, python green, and miami blue are good. A Macan in the right shade of yellow would be stunning. I know you can get pretty much any colour you want for $11k+, but I am thinking something a bit more reasonable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts