Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I already read a lot of posts in the forum about CarPlay retrofit but did not find any comment about my problems.
I have a Macan S 2015 retrofitted with Joyeauto (well, a clone, anyway) since yesterday.
Well, I lost my center box usb power and both 12v plugs, I am not able to charge my iPhone through those...?
Also, when I am in Carplay mode, the parking sensors do not show on the screen, is it normal?
Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, for the parking sensors not showing, only if in reverse. But the warning sound should be there.
For the USB power and 12v plugs check the fuse 10 (20A) at the rear fuse box (row D) (right side of cargo area) or fuse 2 (50A) at rear fuse box (row A) (right side of cargo area).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WAO! That's a really helpful answer. Thank you so much, I already checked and indeed, a fuse is damaged, just like you said.
Thanks again!
By the way, it is a shame about the sensors, that's the only flow I can think of about the CarPlay .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I just changed the fuse 10 that was broken and checked the fuse 2 that was good and now I have the 12v plugs working fine but still no USB, any suggestion?
Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did. The CarPlay was installed by a professional, do you think it is possible he forgot to plug some cable from the PCM?

·
Registered
30 Posts
the USB connection to the PCM is not a single connector, its like one big connector. To install the CarPlay PC card, you don't need to take anything out or off. The Sat-Radio or Sirius, can actually stay, its just tied fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, so you say he could not have missed it, right? It's not a loose cable if the usb is not working? because I also tried the same usb pen I used to copy my music and it doesn't recognise it either. Could it also be a fusible?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
no, there is no fuse I can see.
Did the installer took the center console apart? If so, there is a single connector at the USB port itself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No he did not. I guess I will have to bring him the Macan again to check it out, I just hate to see all parts dismantled like that, I am sure it is not a good thing for the noises and so.
Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe you want to hold on, I checked my USB port and it doesn't work either. I guess its "normal".
but my system stopped working total yesterday. Two weeks ago it's stopped working via WiFI, now it doesn't work via USB port either. If I can't it get to work I will removed and done with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear that. I really like the Apple car play and would be very sad to remove it. So you are saying that your central console USB does not work either? Since you installed the CarPlay ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,
I already read a lot of posts in the forum about CarPlay retrofit but did not find any comment about my problems.
I have a Macan S 2015 retrofitted with Joyeauto (well, a clone, anyway) since yesterday.
Well, I lost my center box usb power and both 12v plugs, I am not able to charge my iPhone through those...?
Also, when I am in Carplay mode, the parking sensors do not show on the screen, is it normal?
Thanks for any help...
saw you not about parking sensors. That is a software setting in the carplay unit. If you have a unichip whick is the better by far it is easy

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked at the Unichip Which, it looks the same as the Joyeauto, same from the installation. The setup in the setting section is "only" for the camera yes and no.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts