Porsche Macan Forum banner
221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks to all in this thread and forum in general, especially @Don16 & @Santirx!

To those who have done this,
the "heavy tug" requires a relatively large amount of force correct? I'm no weakling and using the VAG tool, I'm really pulling. Are there any other tips or tricks anyone can offer?
Pull harder

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
It’s scary for sure ……the “Brute Force” technique:)
It is however what is in the manual, proper procedure …..unreal.

Removing the the front Bezels…..per the video link I posted is for sure more elegant :)

MT 2016

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Thanks to all in this thread and forum in general, especially @Don16 & @Santirx!

To those who have done this,
the "heavy tug" requires a relatively large amount of force correct? I'm no weakling and using the VAG tool, I'm really pulling. Are there any other tips or tricks anyone can offer?
My best recommendation is, follow the manual. A tip, while pulling, put your other hand on top of the molding so that you have more control…

See video: https://flic.kr/p/2mhbqHL

The manual specs:

Also, it is useful to make a mark in the hook so that you know when you are appropriately hook, as such (use my measurement below

This mark should be flush with the vent when properly hooked, then you can pull “harder” with some assurance, like @Don16 said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! Thanks again to all of the above! One of the vents was somewhat disassembled in the process, but I think I'll be able to put it back together. I did in fact just need to pull harder.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I checked out the method on the video and it does work but you do still need the same amount of force to pull vent. My guessing is like that video and like my vents, they had already been removed recently.

The force required to remove the first time is a lot! #

·
Registered
361 Posts
Also the vent trim (as shown in video) is very very delicate, so for me I think I prefer to just yank the vents!

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
I added some silicon grease to all points when I put back........hoping the next "Pull" is easier :)....when i add CP.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I checked out the method on the video and it does work but you do still need the same amount of force to pull vent. My guessing is like that video and like my vents, they had already been removed recently.

The force required to remove the first time is a lot! #

I agree. First time (virgin) a lot of force required. Once they lose virginity, easier to take out… not that much force…😊

This is comparable to the first time you are trying to get the gas hose tube inside the fuel tank. It just would not go in without a big push…. But after that, easier.

·
Registered
361 Posts
@santrix can you do me a favour and see if you get the below noises at high volumes when using wireless carplay via CP aux.

1. White noise
2. When connected to WiFi and Bluetooth, Interference noise, noticable when playing music at higher volumes. Definitely signal interference as noise goes if I disconnect or don't have any audio playing.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
@santrix can you do me a favour and see if you get the below noises at high volumes when using wireless carplay via CP aux.

1. White noise
2. When connected to WiFi and Bluetooth, Interference noise, noticable when playing music at higher volumes. Definitely signal interference as noise goes if I disconnect or don't have any audio playing.

@Don16, I didn’t notice any hissing or interference when playing through CarPlay AUX. Not while music is stopped nor while music is playing at high volume.

·
Registered
361 Posts
@Don16, I didn’t notice any hissing or interference when playing through CarPlay AUX. Not while music is stopped nor while music is playing at high volume.
****! I'm confident it's all wired okay since swapping back the wiring, it's why I actually swapped back in the first place as the hiss and interference was much worse.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
****! I'm confident it's all wired okay since swapping back the wiring, it's why I actually swapped back in the first place as the hiss and interference was much worse.

You might want to open everything again and re-check, re-seat all connections. First time I installed the Joyce module, I inadvertently and slightly unseated the tuner wires. I had to re-open everything and reseat all wires.

Just a thought here. Maybe you already did that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You might want to open everything again and re-check, re-seat all connections. First time I installed the Joyce module, I inadvertently and slightly unseated the tuner wires. I had to re-open everything and reseat all wires.

Just a thought here. Maybe you already did that.
Thanks for suggestion, I'm pretty confident everything is seated. I am going to replace the aux wire from the module to pcm with some studio quality shielded twisted cable to see if it helps improve things, maybe it will help audio quality also.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just to add the white noise only appears at high almost max volume. But the interference happens anytime data is being transmitted from phone, such as audio or maps, it's only a faint noise but very much there.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Any further feedback on aux BT audio via OEM and carplay via module? Tired of wasting my burmester speakers on chitty joyauto aux.
One additional aspect I just noticed when in AUX BT and having Google Maps. The music will go down and if you have the NAV volume up, the turn by turn navigation will come out of the phone speakers. It sounds strange, but it does the work, because Google maps actually lowers the volume of the music, then you can hear your phone.

Only works when you disable “Play Voice over BT” option in Google Maps.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Nice......but die hard Waze user here. It works so well over BT right now...no CP.
I may hold off for a MOST version BT module. Don provided some info that this is in DEV for other vehicles currently.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Nice......but die hard Waze user here. It works so well over BT right now...no CP.
I may hold off for a MOST version BT module. Don provided some info that this is in DEV for other vehicles currently.
Yep, I mainly use Waze as well. But no turn by turn voice over solution for that one if you want to use AUX BT with CarPlay. The only hope for turn by turn NAV when using AUX BT or wired iPod for that matter is Google Maps because it gives you the option to chose audio output.

Looking forward to a solution that can leverage high quality audio output while allowing pass through of NAV turn by turn Voice over while connected to CarPlay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question- I have a NetworkWWS adapter which has decent sound quality (for those of you with buzzing, make sure you don't have a loop in your wiring around anything that carries power as this will cause alternator whine) but no support of track skip/advance in either AA or Carplay. I was wondering if this single-board iSudar setup supports the PCM buttons on the faceplate for controlling audio sources via Carplay/AA. I know Joyeauto does. Also, for those of you on Android, I have an AAWireless adapter that plugs into the USB port, and one feature it has is 'BT audio sink' which reroutes audio from Android Auto to A2DP Bluetooth audio. In its current state it does not pass along Google Assistant or Maps voice prompts but they say they'll look into it. I will keep people posted on progress if that is of interest. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I successfully installed the ISUDAR system in my '16 Turbo yesterday. I had to make a trip to the hardware store since the included standoffs didn't leave enough clearance for my Sirius module but that was the only surprise.

I'll agree that audio quality is much better when using AUX BT, but then you lose Siri and navigation audio so I'll probably just stick with AUX for the most part.

Thanks to everybody in this thread for the information. @Santirx maybe I missed it but where did you mount your microphone? I tried getting into the overhead console but was afraid of breaking something so I just stashed the mic at the top of the A pillar for the moment.

221 - 240 of 268 Posts