Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
1,337 Posts
Anyone not able to change SOURCE after installing the Isudar (or others)? I am stuck on FM radio, but can't hear anything anyway. SOURCE button just takes me to a System Info screen that tells me System version: v4.75, PCM3.1, Serial Number XXxxx, and has buttons for "Current system" and "History". Otherwise I'm able to connect to CarPlay without issue. Unfortunately with the current situation I've also lost the ability to listen to music via radio, bluetooth, etc. as well as making calls.
this happens to me when carplay starts but not yet connected. try disconnecting your phone and resetting the carplay (hold right button on the radio).

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Thanks Oginlu.......I was gonna get around to it :)
Isudar Retrofit needs it's own sub forum as it is diff to other external box CP offerings.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
NEW FIRMWARE RELEASED;

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey folks - are people ordering directly from the isudar.com or from the xyingly.com that was linked in don16's video? isudar.com doesn't have the preorder for the new module that xyingly is featuring (it's $320 instead of $285 and apparently has a new DAC and op-amp). didn't want to deal with the external box in the older joyeauto version, but this new boxless variant is looking pretty good to me...

·
Registered
101 Posts
follow-up: traded a few emails with Kimi and isudar, and she replied that both sites (isudar and xyingly) are theirs, but the 'xyingly' site can support payment in Euros. Additional questions she answered for me - for a USA buyer she recommended ordering delivery from CN warehouse, and the new board with upgraded DAC/op-amps is currently available from xyingly, even though it states "pre-order" on the website.

Just checking on shipping times, I'll order if I can confirm it'll arrive after I get back from xmas break.

Not sure if this is already old news to y'all...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just ordered mine from xyingly - will update after it arrives. I have no basis of comparison for the earlier board though - just figured "hey! updated dac/op-amp." Were there specific issues this was supposed to address?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone not able to change SOURCE after installing the Isudar (or others)? I am stuck on FM radio, but can't hear anything anyway. SOURCE button just takes me to a System Info screen that tells me System version: v4.75, PCM3.1, Serial Number XXxxx, and has buttons for "Current system" and "History". Otherwise I'm able to connect to CarPlay without issue. Unfortunately with the current situation I've also lost the ability to listen to music via radio, bluetooth, etc. as well as making calls.
datamonkey, were you able to resolve your issue? I just installed an Isudar board this morning and am having the same issue. Sometimes I am able to get the SOURCE button to bring up the list of sources, however when I attempt to select one it always just stays on SAT. Any advice?

·
Registered
Macan S 2015
4 Posts
Has anyone installed a "Different brand" of this 1.2 version of Isudar carplay? Is it working ok? I have some random issues with my version and the seller is not helpfu,l or they do not know how their "own product" works.

The seller was TPLXAUTO, and it shares a lot of similarities with Isudar. I got no manual and the functions are a bit different from Joyeauto atleast.

First thing is that the board itself is visually a 100% match with the Isudar board. TPLXAUTO claims that they are the manufacturer, but who knows.
Isudar has released firmware updates, but TPLXAUTO said that they do not have any updates and that they do not recommend it.

I took a picture of the board before installation seen below. The board says RH8007 porsche PCM3.1 ver1.2, just like the Isudar board posted here before.

Circuit component Passive circuit component Computer hardware Hardware programmer Electronic component

1. The system is activated with a long press of INFO -button. Is it not the same with Isudar?
I would only hope that it would be the Navi or the Maps -button as I do not have the oem navi option installed, so they are useless buttons for me.

2. The volume control works only from steering wheel when carplay is active. It it still the same after the latest Isudar firmware?

3. Sometimes, but very rarely, the system freezes to a still image or a black screen. Is there a way to reboot the board without turning the car off and keep waiting for total power off?
I guess the only way is to remove that small fuse from the new board power line, but since it is located inside the dash once the PCM is back in, it is useless to do it this way.

4. Does Isudar have a way to activate rear view camera (aftermarket connected to carplay) by some other command or a button instead of putting the gear to reverse?

5. The steering wheel back button also operates the carplay. This is annoying when using the instrument cluster functions. Also a feature on Isudar?

6. and finally, where is the original Macan microphone located?? The package came with a separate mic, but I have no idea if I should use it or not, and more importantly where to install it. My PCM has a Bluetooth Aux, but I have no Idea of what comes with it and what not.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
datamonkey, were you able to resolve your issue? I just installed an Isudar board this morning and am having the same issue. Sometimes I am able to get the SOURCE button to bring up the list of sources, however when I attempt to select one it always just stays on SAT. Any advice?
For anyone else that runs into this problem, I was able to get mine working correctly. When installing the new large wiring harness I (incorrectly) did not move the 2 wire connector from the OEM harness to the new Isudar connector. I wasn't paying much attention and figured it was just passed through the harness. The Isudar "manual" does not mention this but just shows a picture of the harness. I believe the wires are labeled 4230 and 4231. You just have to remove them from the OEM connector and install them in the new connector.

This fixed my issues.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Has anyone installed a "Different brand" of this 1.2 version of Isudar carplay? Is it working ok? I have some random issues with my version and the seller is not helpfu,l or they do not know how their "own product" works.

The seller was TPLXAUTO, and it shares a lot of similarities with Isudar. I got no manual and the functions are a bit different from Joyeauto atleast.

First thing is that the board itself is visually a 100% match with the Isudar board. TPLXAUTO claims that they are the manufacturer, but who knows.
Isudar has released firmware updates, but TPLXAUTO said that they do not have any updates and that they do not recommend it.

I took a picture of the board before installation seen below. The board says RH8007 porsche PCM3.1 ver1.2, just like the Isudar board posted here before.

Circuit component Passive circuit component Computer hardware Hardware programmer Electronic component

1. The system is activated with a long press of INFO -button. Is it not the same with Isudar? This is how it works on isudar
I would only hope that it would be the Navi or the Maps -button as I do not have the oem navi option installed, so they are useless buttons for me.

2. The volume control works only from steering wheel when carplay is active. It it still the same after the latest Isudar firmware? This was fixed with the MCU update and latest firmware. Elibian users are using the isydar updates no problem. Your may flash ok aswell. DIAYOR.

3. Sometimes, but very rarely, the system freezes to a still image or a black screen. Is there a way to reboot the board without turning the car off and keep waiting for total power off?
I guess the only way is to remove that small fuse from the new board power line, but since it is located inside the dash once the PCM is back in, it is useless to do it this way. Recent flash seems to have helped with this.

4. Does Isudar have a way to activate rear view camera (aftermarket connected to carplay) by some other command or a button instead of putting the gear to reverse? Cant comment, have OEM. works fine.

5. The steering wheel back button also operates the carplay. This is annoying when using the instrument cluster functions. Also a feature on Isudar? Known problem, reported to isudar for fix hopefully.

6. and finally, where is the original Macan microphone located?? The package came with a separate mic, but I have no idea if I should use it or not, and more importantly where to install it. My PCM has a Bluetooth Aux, but I have no Idea of what comes with it and what not. I believe it is in the overhead console. If you have oem mic...do not hook up the provided one.

What car is this ?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
Macan S 2015
4 Posts
1. The system is activated with a long press of INFO -button. Is it not the same with Isudar? This is how it works on isudar

2. The volume control works only from steering wheel when carplay is active. It it still the same after the latest Isudar firmware? This was fixed with the MCU update and latest firmware. Elibian users are using the isydar updates no problem. Your may flash ok aswell. DIAYOR.

I guess the only way is to remove that small fuse from the new board power line, but since it is located inside the dash once the PCM is back in, it is useless to do it this way. Recent flash seems to have helped with this.

4. Does Isudar have a way to activate rear view camera (aftermarket connected to carplay) by some other command or a button instead of putting the gear to reverse? Cant comment, have OEM. works fine.

5. The steering wheel back button also operates the carplay. This is annoying when using the instrument cluster functions. Also a feature on Isudar? Known problem, reported to isudar for fix hopefully.

6. and finally, where is the original Macan microphone located?? The package came with a separate mic, but I have no idea if I should use it or not, and more importantly where to install it. My PCM has a Bluetooth Aux, but I have no Idea of what comes with it and what not. I believe it is in the overhead console. If you have oem mic...do not hook up the provided one.

What car is this ?

Thanks guys!
I will try the last firmware. ...and my car is a 2015 Macan S, European model if it has any difference.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone else that runs into this problem, I was able to get mine working correctly. When installing the new large wiring harness I (incorrectly) did not move the 2 wire connector from the OEM harness to the new Isudar connector. I wasn't paying much attention and figured it was just passed through the harness. The Isudar "manual" does not mention this but just shows a picture of the harness. I believe the wires are labeled 4230 and 4231. You just have to remove them from the OEM connector and install them in the new connector.

This fixed my issues.
so just removing the OEM cable from the original locations and use those to go from the new board to the display?

·
Registered
15 Posts

This fixed my issues.
The what? Can you post pictures? No, I never got mine working correctly, but I haven't returned it yet so I can give it another try.

Edit:
Ahhh I see...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I saw on Rennlist they responded earlier this month on a new firmware update, but the .rar file is no good. Went to their website, which has a different .rar file name, it also doesn't work.

Google drive update with a video showing how to update system: Carplay PCM 3.1 升级文件 - Google Drive
Their own download/update page: Updated Firmwares

When trying to unzip either file, it gives an archive error.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Display device

Unit was ordered a month ago, so I assume it has the latest board. Here's the "about system" info:
Automotive design Motor vehicle Audio equipment Steering wheel Vehicle

It seems like all the threads about isudar volume just died and haven't had responses in years. iSudar hasn't responded to the ones that are relevetively recent. There's a thread on Rennlist, but they haven't responded to it since the beginning of the month. All the usual things have been done on the phone, but the CarPlay volume whether tethered via USB or wirelessly is maxed to 40, but is still really, really low. Anybody get it sorted out or is everyone just dealing with low volume levels when connected to their phone?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I saw on Rennlist they responded earlier this month on a new firmware update, but the .rar file is no good. Went to their website, which has a different .rar file name, it also doesn't work.

Google drive update with a video showing how to update system: Carplay PCM 3.1 升级文件 - Google Drive
Their own download/update page: Updated Firmwares

When trying to unzip either file, it gives an archive error.
View attachment 249592

Unit was ordered a month ago, so I assume it has the latest board. Here's the "about system" info:
View attachment 249593

It seems like all the threads about isudar volume just died and haven't had responses in years. iSudar hasn't responded to the ones that are relevetively recent. There's a thread on Rennlist, but they haven't responded to it since the beginning of the month. All the usual things have been done on the phone, but the CarPlay volume whether tethered via USB or wirelessly is maxed to 40, but is still really, really low. Anybody get it sorted out or is everyone just dealing with low volume levels when connected to their phone?
Is this pcm volume? Or carplay volume? You can also increase max volume of aux in pcm settings.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Strictly CarPlay volume whether tethered via USB or bluetooth. If I go back to the radio as the source, the volume there works fine. The AUX volume has been maxed in the iSudar settings. Every other feature works as it should, I don't have any of the other quirky issues I see people having with back-up cameras, connectivity, etc....it just has low volume when using Carplay as the source.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts