Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Smokin hot Macan, but it’s the S2000 that’s got my attention.
Lolz. Yea. I was supposed to trade-in the S2000 and get a Cayman GTS 4.0, but I couldn't let the S2000 go. Ended up upgrading the family car instead. That way I get to have fun whether alone or with the kids. win win!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Love it!

12 miles on the odo brings a smile to my face. There is something special about being the first owner, besides paying to keep the dealership in business and all. :)

Happy motoring!

Reactions: Kendall Riley

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have waited so long to create this thread. After 10 months my first Porsche ever has arrived.

View attachment 258365

Options:
View attachment 258363

Delivery Time Line:

View attachment 258364

Initial Impressions:
Everything is amazing. Car in break-in period. Will create separate post for that. Car had 12 miles on it at delivery.

Issues:
Only minor hiccup was that one of the rims had a small nick. Dealer offered to have it replaced (new wheel on order). Got all weather mats and some key chains as the only swag. Did not take up dealer on any extras. They were offered but no pressure. I brought my own financing and will do Geico MBR when time comes. I also canceled PEC delivery due to delays.

I will update thread will more pictures.

Thank you to all the forum members who have helped me in this journey. Looking forward to part of this board for a long time.
Did the dealer give you a price on paint protection film? That might be one ad on that's worth it. depending on the price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Did the dealer give you a price on paint protection film? That might be one ad on that's worth it. depending on the price.
They offered some sort of ceramic coat for like $800~ and also PPF options (which I can't recall the price for). My factory paint had no swirls but a lot of orange peel - not sure how common that is, first Porsche and all.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They offered some sort of ceramic coat for like $800~ and also PPF options (which I can't recall the price for). My factory paint had no swirls but a lot of orange peel - not sure how common that is, first Porsche and all.
All the ceramic coating does is help keep the car clean. It wont prevent paint chips or road rash. At a minimun I’d get the PPF on the front surfaces. How will you feel if you get a chip right under that Porsche shield on the hood?

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS, Carmine Red, built 5/4/22, delivered 6/22/22
276 Posts
Congratulations - carmine red looks amazing!
What were the instructions for the break-in period? Stay under 4k RPM?
Owner's manual reads to keep under 4k for the first 2,000 miles. that was really hard to do, but we drove the car a LOT and got it knocked out in a week.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Congratulations - carmine red looks amazing!
What were the instructions for the break-in period? Stay under 4k RPM?
SA said to take it easy for first 500 miles and then do whatever. However I am going to follow the manual which says to take easy (no towing, racing, varying engine speeds etc) for around 1800 miles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SA said to take it easy for first 500 miles and then do whatever. However I am going to follow the manual which says to take easy (no towing, racing, varying engine speeds etc) for around 1800 miles.
I’ll most probably follow the manual as well! By warning engine speeds, you mean not driving at the same RPM for a long time, correct?

any idea how to avoid that if I was taking a road trip and driving in the highway?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
what @davewear said. You can use them in normal and sport mode. It will revert to automatic if you don't touch them for a while. that way you can manipulate the engine load without changing your speed too much. Just don't rely on cruise control. IMHO, the first 500 or so miles are the really important ones (tires, brakes initial piston ring load etc). I think that makes 90% of the difference. The last 10% is precaution, covered over the next 1500 or so miles. None of this really matters but it is best to take care of your new car the best you can. In the end we are all one dear hit away from getting another car anyways :) - if we survive i.e

·
Vendor
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
537 Posts
I was told to "drive it like you stole it" right off the lot. Who am I to disagree?

I did keep the revs slightly down (stayed out of Sport Plus) for about 500 miles, but other than that...did what the dealer told me to do.
I waited 1,000 miles on my current car, with only one pedal-to-the-metal moment before then. I take delivery of my new GTS Monday. There is NO WAY I can make it to 1,800 miles without opening her up.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts