Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found in the German price list about Macan Turbo with 18-way sport seats:

Note: Due to increased side bolsters, a tilt angle of approximately 15 degrees remains with folded rear seats to the load compartment floor :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Says that here in the USA as well... Further limits an already small cargo area. Im hearing that the side bolsters in the front are very confining as well. I'm thinking 14 way is the way to go, even if 18 way sport seats are only $400 more...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Says that here in the USA as well... Further limits an already small cargo area. Im hearing that the side bolsters in the front are very confining as well. I'm thinking 14 way is the way to go, even if 18 way sport seats are only $400 more...
It should not take away from storage space as it means the rear seats, because of the bolsters, do not appear fully flat when folded (slightly raised at 15 deg.). However, salesman says there is enough flexibility in the side bolsters for heavy items to temporarily compress the sides if needed without any issues. Having used Porsche 18 way adaptive seats for the last four years, and prior to that the 14 way seats, I can say that adaptive seats do not cause ingress/egress problems. While driving, they hold the driver very nicely. Also, the seats have the feature to slide out of one's way to make more room when exiting and entering.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Photo attached for folding down 18 ways adaptive sport seats at the back.

I do notice there is no 12v socket from the photo if there is a drawer at the climate control :) may be that option should be the storage package for Aussie. Another $550 add into the pocket :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Great photos! I haven't come across those ones yet. Thx! Really shows the capacity well. All I had to look at was this shot which makes the relatively small 53 cf look like the grand canyon. Shots of the luggage compartment from the car show don't give a great perspective.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Keep in mind that these are renders, not photos. Very good renders but not 100% realistic!

I have read that many people find the 18-ways uncomfortable. There are no Cayenne Turbos on any Porsche showroom floors in Sydney so I can't test them first, and if you google for "cayenne 14-way 18-way" you'll see that the overwhelming advice is that you need to try the 18-ways first before ordering!

Photo attached for folding down 18 ways adaptive sport seats at the back.

I do notice there is no 12v socket from the photo if there is a drawer at the climate control :) may be that option should be the storage package for Aussie. Another $550 add into the pocket :D
I think the 12v socket is inside the drawer (part of the smoker package).
Also it's $750 not $550! (add LCT and stamp duty)

·
Registered
164 Posts
It would be good if we could get 18-way in the front and 14-way behind. I'd prefer flat and would certainly reduce the opulence for my occasional back-seaters for that. I might accept lesser seats in the front to, but it's a shame to have to have to.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
mountain bike doable?

I'm lusting after a new Macan, but may miss being able to throw my mountain bike in the back. Can do this with my 2012 XC60. Does anyone know how long the cargo area is with the rear seats folded? Not a deal breaker though.....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm lusting after a new Macan, but may miss being able to throw my mountain bike in the back. Can do this with my 2012 XC60. Does anyone know how long the cargo area is with the rear seats folded? Not a deal breaker though.....
I don't have the length measurement, but have heard others say that you can get a bike in if you remove the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
It would be good if we could get 18-way in the front and 14-way behind. I'd prefer flat and would certainly reduce the opulence for my occasional back-seaters for that. I might accept lesser seats in the front to, but it's a shame to have to have to.
During the Drive Event, I looked carefully at the rear folded down with the 18-way seats yesterday. I really didn't notice much, if any incline in the seat backs which looked to be pretty well as flat as with the 14-way seats.

I liked the way the 18-ways felt, but found that the seat cushion bolster was a bit uncomfortable getting out. I think over time, it would show more wear than the flatter bolsters on the 14-way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.