Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
I thought of something you might consider as a substitute for the factory CMS. It's a dealer sold CMS that Porsche makes. It's called a "Luggage compartment liner with variable organiser system".

I can't send you a direct URL from the Porsche website, because the braindead web designers used a 1990's technique that doesn't properly update the URL as you navigate.

The way you locate it on the Porsche website is to start with

porsche.com/usa

select menu item
Service and Accessories/Porsche Tequipment

middle of page Tequipment Accessories Finder/Learn More

select Macan and then Macan model

scroll down to Transport and Protection where you will see a small image

When you select that image you will see a larger image.

I have attached a screenshot of that larger image for your convenience.

Sorry about that navigation nonsense. Like I said, the Porsche website is a sad joke.

It doesn't seem to be a direct replacement for the factory installed system, but it might be better than nothing!
found it, thanks! I'm wondering if it'll come with instructions and if its something a layman can do with just basic tools!?

Would a plastic crate or crates like this work?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilit...35&wl11=local&wl12=11014785&wl13=1598&veh=sem
$3.47 each & you can buy bungee cords & secure the crates with the tie down hooks.

I've used heavy cardboard boxes in my other car for many years. For my Macan, I like to keep the cargo area fairly empty. I keep bungee cords hooked up & use the hook for plastic grocery bags. I've had success looping a bungee cord around a heavy object I purchased to keep it from moving around.

Reactions: cdarwinj
found it, thanks! I'm wondering if it'll come with instructions and if its something a layman can do with just basic tools!?
I looked in to getting this.

FYI Sunset Porsche sells it for 268 dollars. The problem is the obscene amount of shipping they want for a 4 pound box, over 120 dollars.

It basically is a 4 inch high configurable storage bin with a cool Porsche metal bar. Not sure how much low profile stuff you want to stow but this would be a clean way to do it. I have not ruled it out but the shipping is annoying.

haha nice saab, wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole

yea I dont know this guy's obsession, may have virginity to one
You are a funny guy! Never had a side fling...? There just might be something good and great out there. I do not know about You but I love cars. The other day I was looking at a KIA Optima Plug-In Hybrid. WOW! what a great design when it comes to being slippy just 0,25. That is world class. Bet the Stinger is going to be one **** of a car. Designed på an AUDI ex. design manager and chassi drivetrain from an ex. BMW M manager.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Grocery Container & CMS Report

Just some follow-up info, given that I started this thread almost four months ago.

Groceries:

In the course of the thread, @PhantomGremlin (post #12) directed me to a container for groceries, noting that the one he uses is similar to this one on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Picnic-Ascot-Ultimate-Organizer-Capacity/dp/B01M7ULSF0/

What I wound up purchasing was something similar to that, but slightly smaller: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XZL6VT6/

Here's a pic of it, in the back area (with some parallax distortion from the up-close nature, that makes it seem a little larger), with some grocery bags in it:

(This can be pushed back more, i.e., it doesn't take up the full depth of the floor.)

This has been in use (mostly by my wife) for a month now, and I can report that we're very pleased with it, would buy it again, etc.

Incidentally, we generally leave this as is, in the cargo area, but it's extremely easy to fold up (or just lift out and put aside in the garage): take out the single sideways divider (two velcro strips), pull up on each of the two floor-board loops, and push the whole thing together (at which point you can fasten a plastic buckle or two, to keep it folded).

Recommended.

CMS:

We haven't used the assorted CMS pieces for anything yet, but I'm still glad we got it, because: 1) you never know, and; 2) at $390, it was one of the least expensive options you can get.

(In a similar move, we got the roof rails and crossbars, and I expect to use those, um, hardly ever. I bought a clamp-on system and topbox for our Camry, and we've used that once in eight years, but when we did so it was very handy.)

The CMS comes with that bar that you can see in the back, which can be repositioned along the tracks. And there's another gizmo for the tracks, but with a strap instead of the bar. And a net for the back-seat area or something. And a set of four tie-down clamps, I think. It even looks possible to have both the solid crossbar and the tensioned strap both in the tracks at the same time, if you wanted to position something just so, in the middle of the floor area.

Curiously, a very nice padded case and a sleeve were included, but no instructions for any of this; for that, you have to watch those videos that @limulus included in post #2.

So, nothing to report in terms of CMS use, but it's nicely made, has a lot of pieces, and is pretty cheap.

About placing items on the rear parcel cover:

I remember driving a hearse with an empty casket in it that was not properly secured with a bier pin in front...... this was in a '60 Cad with floppity front seat-backs (no locks). No need to lock it - I said. It won't go anywhere - I said.

Lo-and-behold..... a fire engine appears from Nowhere in the intersection, so I lock up the brakes to stop..... and ka-Whap! Mr. casket had slid forward and pushed the seat back forward, pinning me to the steering wheel with great endeavor. Surprised the shite out of me, AND.... I struggled to push the whole mess backward to continue driving.

Morals o' the story:
In a real crash, everything is hurtling forward at unbelievable, hurty speed.
If the casket was full, I might have been paralyzed.
Secure yer load, Mateys!

Thor-bob
2018 GTS with many fixin's

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Bringing back to life a thread I started three and a half years ago (a month before my wife and I ordered our S), because the CMS worked so well for something I did today.

I replenished my garage gasoline supply (for the snowblower), in light of some expected significant snow tomorrow. You just can't beat that CMS (if anyone's still on the fence about this option):

Your CMS worked great for that purpose.

I have a few bungee cords & 2 cheap, plastic crates in my cargo area.
I would have attached a bungee to each gas can, through the handle & hooked them into the bars on the backs of the rear seats. (Anchor points for child car seats)

I also would probably have placed the gas cans inside a crate. My crates are secured to those same rear seat bars so they do not slide around during spirited driving.

Tableware Building Rectangle Circuit component Art

Reactions: oqjnLu@>@W
So the CMS is $390 and the full reversible floor mat is 340/440 (can’t determine the difference). The CMS includes a reversible mat with a waterproof backing. So the system is essentially free (if you don’t have an overwhelming need for a plastic/rubber/lipped mat.

So the CMS is $390 and the full reversible floor mat is 340/440 (can’t determine the difference). The CMS includes a reversible mat with a waterproof backing. So the system is essentially free (if you don’t have an overwhelming need for a plastic/rubber/lipped mat.
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I ordered a complete WeatherTech liner kit for a Macan I just got. If you have the Porsche cargo management system discussed here, the WT cargo liner covers the rails. Just a heads-up.

Looks like this system went through a major redesign. It looks more functional. Anybody using it and can attest to its usefulness, quality, etc?
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle

I have the cargo management system. But there's one thing I added. It's a rigid cargo organizer. Mine was left over from my X5 but it fit perfectly in the Macan. I use the aluminum cross member to hold the organizer in place, to stabilize it right next to the hatch.

I couldn't find an internet image of my organizer, since it's 15 years old. But it looks a little like this: https://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Ascot...1450757&sr=8-3&keywords=rigid+cargo+organizer

Between the cross member and the rubber floor (flip side of carpet) the organizer doesn't move.

The organizer has 5 bins, with removable partitions between them. Plastic grocery bags fit fine in the bins. When you have somewhat larger cargo, just remove one or more partitions.

Frankly I don't understand why every car doesn't come with something like this, at least as an option. The alternative is for the contents of the grocery bags to roll all around the trunk area.
Thank you , I have used your link to order one for mine!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.