Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie here (Toronto).
I've been looking to dump my BMW 335 coupe and get something practical and reliable yet fun and classy. Thank you Porsche!
Macan S on order (mahogany w/ beige interior). May delivery.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Heya, Calgary here.

Do you guys know if there is order tracking similar to what the big three do ? I know with the SRT's, guys had inventory numbers and knew exactly where their build was and when it was shipped. . .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered from Downtown Porsche; not much in the way of discounts but I guess that's the price of being among the first. This is my first Porsche so I'm unsure what standard practice is re tracking. I could follow my BMW daily from the plant in Germany, across the ocean and to the railway. Tres cool!

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
So I talked to my dealer, they filled their April allocations, and as soon as they get the May allocations I should be on that order for a June delivery. I think they only get 5 S's and 2 Turbo's a month. Still not sure if Porsche offers order tracking. . .

For reference our deposit was only $2500 and no "dealer mark-up".

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If, as reported, Porsche is planing on making/selling 50,000 copies a year, you can kind of work backward to get an idea of allotment. For example, I think I read they sell about 15,000 Cayennes a year in the U.S. Swap that for Macans -- perhaps slightly more although don't forget China is a huge new market -- and you have to figure maybe 2,000 for all of Canada. Roughly divided by 15 dealers ...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Another newbie here (Toronto).
I've been looking to dump my BMW 335 coupe and get something practical and reliable yet fun and classy. Thank you Porsche!
Macan S on order (mahogany w/ beige interior). May delivery.
Welcome and congrats! Mahogany and beige should be a great colour combo, can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.