Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Porsche Friends!

I recently fixed a cracked intake hose on my 2018 Macan S so my engine wasn't running perfectly until now. Since fixing it when I get past 7psi of BOOST. I can hear the Turbo spooling/spinning. Some people may say it makes a very soft and slow "shhhh" noise as it's spooling up after 7psi.

Can anyone else hear this? I'm just making sure I don't need to search for a leak. There is no loss of power, it seems quicker than before and it's not losing Boost that I can tell. I can hold it at 11 or 12 psi and it doesn't fall getting on the freeway.

I use to have a 2016 Ram EcoDiesel and once I put an Aftermarket intake on it, you could hear the Turbo spool when in the throttle. This almost sounds like that. I did notice there is a stock filter on one side of the Macan and an aftermarket filter on the other side of the intake. I will be ordering a matching pair soon.

Thanks!

· Registered
279 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what I hear but I know it's a wonderful symphony of mechanical engine noises coming from under the hood. Especially when in sport or sport + and accelerating onto an interstate and giving it more than 1/2 throttle. 😲

· Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Driving with the lady to get on the freeway. Go to give it some gas and can't get past 9psi boost. Try again a bit down the road and the Macan goes into Reduced Power mode.

I go home and read the codes and had a P02009 or something close. Checked the intake to throttle body boot and it was installed backwards and looked like the hose clamp was about to buckle. Uninstalled the boot and reinstalled oriented properly and now we are back to normal.

What I thought was the "spooling" sound was actually a leaking throttle body boot more pronounced at high psi. lol...

Unless you modify your intakes and lids like SupercarSean talks about, you might not being hearing your spooling and you should check your throttle boot, etc... :)

Thanks for all the answers!

- G.

· Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
420 Posts
OP:
I have a Stock 2015 Macan S and I can hear spooling and a light-discharge sound while on light throttle while shifting gears. All of this from the cabin with windows all the way up.

I'm glad you were are to fix your Macan, but spooling sounds are normal (at least normal for my 2015).

· Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP:
I have a Stock 2015 Macan S and I can hear spooling and a light-discharge sound while on light throttle while shifting gears. All of this from the cabin with windows all the way up.

I'm glad you were are to fix your Macan, but spooling sounds are normal (at least normal for my 2015).
Curious, are you running stock air filters or aftermarket? I hear the light discharge occasionally but the spooling I haven’t yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.