Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear hatch was open one day, apparently when the remote button was pressed while in my pocket. How can this be disengaged? I normally press the button at the base of the wiper blade to open the hatch.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Perhaps the dealer can deactivate it? I think that most of us have inadvertently opened the hatch at some point. I'm not crazy about the key design for that reason, too.

Reactions: Mark in Baltimore

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
This also happened to me. I must have accidently pressed the button in my pocket and the hatch opened, to my horror it hit the garage door on the way up!

I solved the problem by buying a leather key holder (just a cheep one on ebay) it works extremely well as it requires a much firmer press to operate the buttons. No accidental presses since I got it:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you guys would stop wearing Skinny Jeans you would be fine :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, folks. I might try a new remote cover. I have a rubber thing that encases the whole remote and really like the protection it provides, but I'll look at an alternative.

Was hoping someone here had a trick to avoid a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2017 S
18 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day when I accidentally opened the hatch. I often have a bike rack on the car and I’ll never live it down if I ding the hatch.

Tonight the simple solution came to mind. I took the key remote apart and “nipped” off the rubber piece that activates the micro switch. Done. I bought a replacement on eBay to have on hand for $7.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day when I accidentally opened the hatch. I often have a bike rack on the car and I’ll never live it down if I ding the hatch.

Tonight the simple solution came to mind. I took the key remote apart and “nipped” off the rubber piece that activates the micro switch. Done. I bought a replacement on eBay to have on hand for $7.
View attachment 233304
I hate the option to open the hatch from the remote. I accidentally pressed it the other day and the hatch hit my garage door. Fortunately the damage was minimum but it could have been much worse.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It happens with other cars too. Once a very annoying thing happened to my wife, who had a BMW 220i Grand Tourer at the time. The hatch door opened accidentally and hit the garage door, which was closed. The distance between the car’s bumper and the garage door was of about 10-15 inches, so the hatch door was open at a very narrow angle in relation to the car and to the garage door. The problem was that when we tried to open the garage door (sectional door opening vertically) the hinges would hit the door (remember, open at a very narrow angle compared to the door) and get stuck. After a few tries, eventually trying to force the door open by hand, and not understanding what was going on with the garage door since we were outside (the garage was detached from the house), I had to slide under the barely open garage door to find the hinge stuck against the edge of the hatch door. Needless to say, the hatch door now had a dent on the place of contact against the hinge. Argh.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
FWIW, I also have mine in a leather key Fob cover & no accidental presses. Got on eBay.
Porsche leather key covers.png
Also you can & should adjust the maximum height for your hatch so it does not hit a garage door or low ceiling when fully open. If you nose Into your garage so that you cannot open the hatch at all with garage door closed, consider backing in so you can load/unload with garage door closed. Assuming you have sufficient room at the far end of the garage.

Damage to the panels of a garage door can often be repaired. Either DIY or by a garage door pro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts