Porsche Macan Forum banner

Came across a spec I couldn’t pass up

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DCO07 
#1 ·
I’ve always appreciated the concept of the Macan. After owning about 45 different vehicles, I wasn’t necessarily planning a change right now but obviously that hasn’t stopped me in the past!

Two of my favorites in the past were a Cayenne GTS and 997S, so jumping back to Porsche was a bit of a no brained.

After some quick reflection, I traded my Audi S6 on this beauty yesterday.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I think it’s going to end up being an even better useful daily driver. The cabin feels a bit tighter and driver focused; whereas, the S6 was very comfortable and spacious. Ultimately I don’t need that much room, and the ability to utilize a hatchback design will be more useful as I enjoy cycling, hiking, etc.

I will miss the V8 sounds, though. The S6 had a full Borla exhaust that sounded incredible, and it had a tidal wave of torque. At least the Macan already has sport exhaust.

Honestly, the Audi was at 40k miles and already had a dynamic motor mount replaced under warranty. Kept reading about failed turbos, too. So, it was justification enough.

Only downside is my wife has already fallen in love with the Macan. I suppose that might actually make things easier in a year or two as I could probably shuffle her the Macan and move on to the next!

#6 ·
I think it’s going to end up being an even better useful daily driver. The cabin feels a bit tighter and driver focused; whereas, the S6 was very comfortable and spacious. Ultimately I don’t need that much room, and the ability to utilize a hatchback design will be more useful as I enjoy cycling, hiking, etc.

I will miss the V8 sounds, though. The S6 had a full Borla exhaust that sounded incredible, and it had a tidal wave of torque. At least the Macan already has sport exhaust.

Honestly, the Audi was at 40k miles and already had a dynamic motor mount replaced under warranty. Kept reading about failed turbos, too. So, it was justification enough.

Only downside is my wife has already fallen in love with the Macan. I suppose that might actually make things easier in a year or two as I could probably shuffle her the Macan and move on to the next!
The V8 S6/S7s were the only contenders left on deciding on the Macan when I ordered in late 2019. Sometimes I’m still torn but just being able to casually find so many complaints about failed turbos and random problems think I made the right decision!

#5 ·
Congratulations on your new Macan. I love your thinking of passing this one off to your wife in a few years and getting a new car. Just be careful, she might be wanting to drive the Macan on a daily basis (And I wouldn’t blame her one bit).

Reactions: JRB and primm907
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.