Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , so I was stupid and hesitated on a really nice Macan S near me, and now I want to find one with the sport seats and Chrono , found one, certified at a dealership several states away, but am hesitant to purchase a car I have not seen, and that needs to be shipped, the shipping quote was 1400/1800 (1200miles). Any words of wisdom? And yes I keep thinking about the one that got away...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perhaps you could let the forum know the city and dealership you are working with. Someone might be familiar with them from their purchase experience. And/or, perhaps some forum member might relish the excuse to go visit the dealer and look over the vehicle.

The transportation does not seem too unreasonable. I'm sure you want a reliable carrier to make sure the vehicle arrives safely. If you have the time, you could always travel there and drive the vehicle home yourself. First road trip!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought mine from a dealer in Florida (I'm in MN) site unseen in December of 2018. My Macan was a 2018 CPO with very low miles so I was willing to take the risk. The dealer sent me plenty of photos and a video of the car. The only thing that didn't come through on the videos was a bit of road rash on the front bumper. It also came with summer tires which clearly don't work well in December (when I bought it). As for shipping, the dealer recommenced Dealers Choice in West Palm Beach. Cost was based on milage as well as covered/uncovered. I think the covered quote was about $1200. They ended up getting me covered transportation for the uncovered rate.

All in all, I would do it again.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I bought new sight unseen except for the pics. Free delivery in enclosed carrier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I live in Seattle and bought sight unseen from GA: new though. It was a great experience and saved me $4,600 over the local dealer and that was after including the shipping costs of $2,000.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
I would definitely consider soliciting this online community to see if someone has had experience with the particular dealer. AND if someone here who lives in that area would be willing to scope the vehicle out for you. I'd certainly be willing. And arrange the shipping through the dealer if possible - that way they are liable.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Locate a Porsche independent shop in the area where this CPO car is and ask the dealership if
they'll take the car there for a PPI. If not, then walk away from the deal. If yes, then schedule the
PPI with the independent shop.

The carrier (transport company) will take photos when they pick the Macan up in order to disclose
any damage, etc. BEFORE they load it onto their truck. YOU will need to examine the vehicle on delivery
in order to ensure no damage has occurred in transit.

The selling dealer IS NOT responsible/liable for any damage incurred en route - unless they own a car transport
company (highly doubtful!).

I bought my Macan sight unseen (photos only) after a PPI and had it shipped to my home from another country(!!!).
The vehicle is/was everything they said it was! It arrived safe & sound.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone! I just drove an S close to home but no 18 way sport seat and Chrono , it was very nice and am considering it since it would save some hassle, but not sure since those seats really did it for me!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Thank you everyone! I just drove an S close to home but no 18 way sport seat and Chrono , it was very nice and am considering it since it would save some hassle, but not sure since those seats really did it for me!
I'll take a guess at Texas . If so the car looks really nice . I had to go to their website to view the car fax . 1 owner , bought and serviced there . How far are you from it ?
Of course I may have guessed the wrong car .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi , so I was stupid and hesitated on a really nice Macan S near me, and now I want to find one with the sport seats and Chrono , found one, certified at a dealership several states away, but am hesitant to purchase a car I have not seen, and that needs to be shipped, the shipping quote was 1400/1800 (1200miles). Any words of wisdom? And yes I keep thinking about the one that got away...
I have had mixed success. I never had a car delivered, but when I showed up (either with a one way rental or a trade)....um, that's another story in itself. That said, I know plenty of people who have several times and never had an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will miss those seats & the chrono --

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take a guess at Texas . If so the car looks really nice . I had to go to their website to view the car fax . 1 owner , bought and serviced there . How far are you from it ?
Of course I may have guessed the wrong car .
I like that one! I did just drive a S near me and am considering it for the ease of purchase and relationship with dealer. No sport seat or chrono tho...

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|PASM|SC|ACC
41 Posts
I'm in SF and bought from Rusnak in LA. They CPO'd the car, put in new front brakes and rotors, 30K service at 27K, and performed the ominous Timing Chain Cover repair. They then shipped it solo via enclosed carrier on their dime. I pointed out they missed one tiny door ding and they offered to send someone to our home to fix it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in SF and bought from Rusnak in LA. They CPO'd the car, put in new front brakes and rotors, 30K service at 27K, and performed the ominous Timing Chain Cover repair. They then shipped it solo via enclosed carrier on their dime. I pointed out they missed one tiny door ding and they offered to send someone to our home to fix it.
wow, that's great service, and so far I feel like Im getting meh responses from the 2 dealerships near me, not willing to deal on price and on one car that was cpo the brakes had a chatter to them at low speed braking, we pointed it out and said we'd be interested if they got it taken care of, and so far as of 3.5 weeks its not been done, I guess they don't want to sell to us, and hope someone doesn't notice.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|PASM|SC|ACC
41 Posts
not willing to deal on price
When I asked on price, Rusnak checked and then replied back that the car was priced fairly and they would not negotiate, but then they came through on all the rest making us more than happy. We searched a very long time for a black on black turbo with low miles and all the options we wanted.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I like that one! I did just drive a S near me and am considering it for the ease of purchase and relationship with dealer. No sport seat or chrono tho...
Have you considered ordering a new car ? I know its expensive but with shopping used (especially in COVID times) if a person wants a precise vehicle its not an easy task. One might find a car with everything but its far, or the wrong color, or too many miles , The only way to pin it to exact spec is to sit with an SA , negotiate a discount , place and order and wait.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I took the safe route and bought my car locally. I somewhat regret it, I should have got the car in silver/white, there was a Carrera White with Red interior that was perfect but I waited a day too long and it got sold. I could get a wrap but it’s a waste of money. When I realized that launch control was only available with the sports chrono package, I opted to retrofit sports plus onto my non sports plus S and it’s Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So thanks for all the helpful replies! Has anyone bought from Loeber in the Chicago area?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions about purchasing sight unseen. For me, I am very picky about a car I purchase, so would want to see it in person myself. There are always things photos will not show. I would always get a PPI if buying used. I am actually present during the PPI and specifically ask the mechanic to show me points of interest during the inspection (e.g., for a Macan, verifying there is no timing chain cover leak while the car is on a lift, etc.). Where the car is from affects its resale value as well. A car from places where there is snow in winter (exposure to salt, etc) will have lower resale than say a place like California.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
So thanks for all the helpful replies! Has anyone bought from Loeber in the Chicago area?
Never bought from them, and I don't recall reading about them in others' posts during the last three years.

However, Loeber is home to the amazing "P-Tech," whose videos have been noted here, so at least they have that going for them. See,
and
, for instance.

A search of the forum for Loeber reveals a few thread mentions, though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts