Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from owning or leasing a long line of S4s and performance oriented Audis, BMWs. Mustang Cobras,Corvettes and various and sundry performance cars. I am currently leasing a 2017 Infiniti GX50 (Long story) Cant wait for lease to end. I am almost 70 yrs old physically, (25 mentally).I have decided that my next vehicle will be a used Macan S or perhaps even a Cayenne. My budget is under $40k. I really don't want a black white or silver /gray vehicle, so my choices are somewhat limited .There seems to be a lot more red(my favorite color) Cayennes and color is very important to me to me. Mileage and condition trumps model year. What advice do you have and what should I look out for or options that are must have, Is buying a certified car important? TIA for your help

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey welcome to the community Doc, please don't take this the wrong way, but this question has been asked and answered about twice a week since the inception of this community, so use the search tool and dig around ok?

In a nutshell, there are some with issues, most without. Transfer case jerking is the most common. Some choose to have it replaced, some just change the fluid. Oil leak at the valve cover is another somewhat common issue. Requires a bit of work, not a DIY fix...engine out thing. Ours has 136k miles, had the TC jerk at about 80k, changed fluid, fixed problem, no other issues. All buttons features still work great.

Good luck in whatever you decide to go with! Can't go wrong with any P-car, but the Macan sure is a lot of fun to drive. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I was thinking the same about repairs being expensive

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am almost 70 yrs old physically, (25 mentally).
I'd rather flip that and be 25 physically and 70 mentally. That would be nice. In any case since your are not locked into any model year (2017 was a nice model refresh from what I've heard, mostly electronics) maybe look for a car that has a year or two on the original 4 year warranty. Then you can tack on the CPO which could give you 3-4 years with unlimited miles. That's better than new, at least in terms of miles. When shopping for vehicles ask about the warranty start date. You might be able to find, for example a '17 place in service in '18 or an '18 placed in service in '19.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great advice. Especially about the2017 refreshThanks!
No problem Doc. I message you my invoice: a dozen N95 masks and a script for hydroxychloroquine. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts