Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2022 Macan S and have some questions since I've never ordered anything from Porsche before. As a matter of facts, I've never paid MSRP in my life :rolleyes: like many here.
  1. I see that the availability is Jan, 2022. Is it possible to place a pre-order?
  2. Given the current situation, will I be able to pay MSRP or is a mark-up likely?
  3. How likely are out-of-state dealers to sell me one? (I live in a place where there is little competition with many rich folks a.k.a. Seattle/Bellevue area.)
  4. I may trade-in two vehicles (downsizing since not using cars too often in Covid time, 2011 M3 and 2016 Nisan Rogue). Will that be a positive or a negative for me? I know used car markets have been skyrocketing but not sure about trade-ins.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) The base 2022s are already showing in the Porsche USA inventory. All of those I looked at (did not look at all of them) still say "This car is not yet at the dealership". My local dealer (Phoenix area) said Porsche had moved up some S orders to February delivery from the early April we were quoted when we ordered one for my wife in August.

2) It was an MSRP deal, which drove us to buy a 2022. There was none of the typical (at least for many brands) EOY discounting as an incentive and we liked some of the changes for 2022. This is our first Porsche, so I have no idea whether ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) is common all the time, part of the Covid fallout, or whatever.

3) I'm not sure if the Porsche dealers can sell out of territory. I believe they can, though. You would need to ask them directly. I haven't read the group rules yet, so I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the dealer info here. PM me if you want my dealer contact info.

4) My experience with buying out of state is the dealer will title and register your vehicle in your state of residency and charge your state's sales tax. Keep in mind that trade-in is usually at a lower price than selling yourself. In Arizona, the net sales price is taxed AFTER the trade-in value is deducted. You'll need to check for Washington state to see if they treat trades the same way. In my experience that reduction greatly offsets any extra cash you might bring in with a private sale. You also avoid the nutjobs, scammers and tire-kickers from selling yourself on-line. That is definitely worth a lot to me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
I'm looking at a 2022 Macan S and have some questions since I've never ordered anything from Porsche before. As a matter of facts, I've never paid MSRP in my life :rolleyes: like many here.
  1. I see that the availability is Jan, 2022. Is it possible to place a pre-order?
  2. Given the current situation, will I be able to pay MSRP or is a mark-up likely?
  3. How likely are out-of-state dealers to sell me one? (I live in a place where there is little competition with many rich folks a.k.a. Seattle/Bellevue area.)
  4. I may trade-in two vehicles (downsizing since not using cars too often in Covid time, 2011 M3 and 2016 Nisan Rogue). Will that be a positive or a negative for me? I know used car markets have been skyrocketing but not sure about trade-ins.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
1) Yes . If they have an available slot they will secure it for you. If not then you go on a wait list . Base and S Macan's are somewhat abundant . GTS are significantly less abundant .

2) California seems to be the most rampant with ADM . Some dealerships are doing other lints like charging MSRP but demanding unnecessary ad ons .

3) The ones going for the month grab will take an out of state buyer to the highest bidder . Then have insulted many of their long term local shoppers . I know one VIP who walked from a deal on a. Macan GTS . There are other dealerships who want ti retain local loyal buyers and simply lack room to sell to an out of state shopper .

Try Roger Jobs Porsche . I know a repeat customer who lives in your area and likes them the most .

4) I pulled a Honda Civic into a deal once . They will. take anything you have . Trade ins are significantly higher .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) The base 2022s are already showing in the Porsche USA inventory. All of those I looked at (did not look at all of them) still say "This car is not yet at the dealership". My local dealer (Phoenix area) said Porsche had moved up some S orders to February delivery from the early April we were quoted when we ordered one for my wife in August.

2) It was an MSRP deal, which drove us to buy a 2022. There was none of the typical (at least for many brands) EOY discounting as an incentive and we liked some of the changes for 2022. This is our first Porsche, so I have no idea whether ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) is common all the time, part of the Covid fallout, or whatever.

3) I'm not sure if the Porsche dealers can sell out of territory. I believe they can, though. You would need to ask them directly. I haven't read the group rules yet, so I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the dealer info here. PM me if you want my dealer contact info.

4) My experience with buying out of state is the dealer will title and register your vehicle in your state of residency and charge your state's sales tax. Keep in mind that trade-in is usually at a lower price than selling yourself. In Arizona, the net sales price is taxed AFTER the trade-in value is deducted. You'll need to check for Washington state to see if they treat trades the same way. In my experience that reduction greatly offsets any extra cash you might bring in with a private sale. You also avoid the nutjobs, scammers and tire-kickers from selling yourself on-line. That is definitely worth a lot to me.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. It's the same case here in WA for trade-in tax exemption and considering the tax is 10.1% o_O I am thinking about trading for the first time lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Yes . If they have an available slot they will secure it for you. If not then you go on a wait list . Base and S Macan's are somewhat abundant . GTS are significantly less abundant .

2) California seems to be the most rampant with ADM . Some dealerships are doing other lints like charging MSRP but demanding unnecessary ad ons .

3) The ones going for the month grab will take an out of state buyer to the highest bidder . Then have insulted many of their long term local shoppers . I know one VIP who walked from a deal on a. Macan GTS . There are other dealerships who want ti retain local loyal buyers and simply lack room to sell to an out of state shopper .

Try Roger Jobs Porsche . I know a repeat customer who lives in your area and likes them the most .

4) I pulled a Honda Civic into a deal once . They will. take anything you have . Trade ins are significantly higher .
Nice to hear a referral for a WA dealer that's not in Bellevue :). I will check them out, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Good luck!
MSRP as your out the door price or MSRP not including taxes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Good luck!
I reached out to the Bellevue Porsche and they have a $10K ADM for 2022 Macans :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Nice to hear a referral for a WA dealer that's not in Bellevue :). I will check them out, thanks!
I think the sales tax is 8.7% up in Bellingham WA. I think Jobs sold a year ago but the operation has high quality marks. It is called Bellingham Porsche. If you go over to Spokane WA the general sales tax there is 9%. In either case there is an add on for a car purchase of, I think, .001%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts