Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I purchased my 2016 Macan S in January from a non-Porsche dealership. No CPO. The only way to get a CPO is to buy used directly from Porsche.

Anyway, I paid both Porsche and my local Indy shop to give the car a thorough going over before I decided to purchase. It's not a guarantee but it put my mind to rest and was a small investment. So far the car has been flawless. The only bad side is that I have only put maybe 1000 miles on it since I bought it. **** CV-19. Grrr....

Ge0

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Because I don't want my son driving it and getting accustomed to relying on it.
I guess I sort of understand your position. I was a Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructor for awhile, and would point out, per the curriculum, not to rely on your mirrors -- one adage was that "mirrors only say 'no'" (as opposed to "yes, it's safe to change lanes") -- and that head-checks (twist and turn) are the right way to go.

That said, when we spec'ed my 18 S, my wife and I specifically added LCA. In my 50+ years of driving, there were just a couple of times of "oops, I didn't see that car off the rear quarter panel." No accidents like that, but my point is that even as a head-checker, I felt that added electronic help was not to be dismissed.

So I'm not sure that not including LCA is the way to go, for new, or even experienced, drivers. (BTW, just to be clear, I'm talking about the lights in the mirror that warn you of a potential problem, not Lane Keep Assist (LKA), the option that mechanically fusses with the actual steering wheel.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 2015 S with 24k miles from a random dealer back in 2017. I have 104k miles on it now and it never needed anything other than regular maintenance. It’s been fantastic.

Now I’m thinking to trade it for a GTS or Turbo, can’t figure out which one. But I think I’ll shoot for a CPO this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I found a near-perfect (in terms of my desired specs) GTS. Only thing missing are roof rails.
37K miles and 4 months left of Porsche new car warranty but not CPO.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
292 Posts
If a PPI by a trusted, competent shop reveals no significant surprises, sure. At that point your car has probably been inspected more thoroughly than a lot of dealers seem to do with their CPO inspections.

I would also make sure you can prove that the car was properly serviced in case there is a warranty claim.

You might want to consider a good extended warranty, but that’s a personal decision. There are some good ones available providing coverage for longer terms then you might expect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy a used Porsche without CPO. Who knows how the previous owner treated it. Hopefully I don't need to use the CPO for my 19'. I wouldn't regret it if I never used it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts