Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
@ejvette That sucks. I not only listened to loud music for years, rode a motorcycle with a very loud 4 into 1 exhaust for a few years, but I played drums. Also, in NYC, as you may well know, on West 4th Street off Broadway there used to be a club called The Bottom Line. (We can thank NYU for its demise.) It was one of the best venues ever for concerts, sitting perhaps 100-150 people with a bar behind and to the side of the seats. I saw many shows there, including acoustic Jerry Garcia with Merle Saunders. However, it was Billy Cobham, drummer extraordinaire, who did my hearing in. I sat in front of his double bass drums, perhaps a foot away, for five straight nights. OMG. And I have to hear for a living.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
@ejvette That sucks. I not only listened to loud music for years, rode a motorcycle with a very loud 4 into 1 exhaust for a few years, but I played drums. Also, in NYC, as you may well know, on West 4th Street off Broadway there used to be a club called The Bottom Line. (We can thank NYU for its demise.) It was one of the best venues ever for concerts, sitting perhaps 100-150 people with a bar behind and to the side of the seats. I saw many shows there, including acoustic Jerry Garcia with Merle Saunders. However, it was Billy Cobham, drummer extraordinaire, who did my hearing in. I sat in front of his double bass drums, perhaps a foot away, for five straight nights. OMG. And I have to hear for a living.
I remember the venue well I also saw Garcia there. Another favorite haunt was the lone star café I would go whenever Kinky Friedman was playing:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just wandered on to this thread searching for Burmester opinions . . . thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
My advise is if you are at all a music aficionado, DO NOT test drive the Burmester. That misadventure will cost you thousands.

Reactions: TripleL

·
Registered
292 Posts
We own two Macans, one with Bose and the other with Burmester. Two totally different leagues. The Burmester is great for demonstrating just how mediocre the Bose is. Even a non-audiophile will totally get it with just a short test sit. But admittedly a $5000 audio upgrade will not make sense for many of us. If you were one of those, the advice not to even try it is spot on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can see the problem . . . 6 guitars seem to have found their way to FL during this crisis . . . and now need to get to Woodstock. The Bose does fine . . but, I suspect the upgrade would be appreciated and enjoyed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
>>>But admittedly a $5000 audio upgrade
Best way to ease the pain . . . but a matched set of the 70th Anniversary MacIntosh right before you place your Porsche order . . . After spending $22,000 for an amplifier the Burmester will seem like buying an LP.

:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts