Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to hear the Burmester in the Macan over in Atlanta and I'm sold. I thought I was going to do full Leather, but I'm going to do the 14 way seats in black and get the Burmester System. Went straight from the Burmester system to the next Macan over with Bose in it. No Comparison. You can turn the Burmester to deafing levels and really rock out and no distortion at all. It put a smile on my face from ear to ear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awsome ! I ordered it but haven't heard it yet. Heard the Bose in a tester but it didn't do much for me. Can't F.....ing wait!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for this. I love music and was really curious if it would be worth the upgrade.
It is a bunch of money but I thought it would be worth it.
I'm not overly impressed with the Bose in my 911 and the one I had in my Avalanche pickup.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had the same opinion. Heard the Bose and Burmester. The Bose was definitely reworked for the Macan and sounds great, but the Burmester was fabulous.

I also gave up leather, went to 14 way seats in favor of the Burmester.. I guess great minds think alike ;)

Leather is still in every place that touches my body (ok, I'm sure I could have found a better way to say that...), and the trim really does look great with or without leather...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Never really listened to music in my previous Porsches but suspect I will in the Macan.

My wife said no to the Burmester and I quickly moved on and stuck with the standard Bose. Neil Young, Ry Cooder, Steve Earl and The Cruel Sea sound really good on anything and that's pretty much all I listen to these days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sprang for the Burm in my Cayenne TT and after living with it for a few years I don't think I would do it again. It's nice but not worth the difference in price over the Bose.
Certainly depends on how critical your listening habits are and your source of music (DVD audio discs sound way better on the Burmester).
Bring a CD you listen to a lot or an FM or SAT station you are familiar with and test it out before buying.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Bose is not really an upgrade to me, it really should be the standard system. I found it not as good as the Audi S4 Bose system, yet slightly better than the Q5 Bose system.

I find audio and video to have the same phenomena when judging how good it is. It is very hard to tell when something is better than your reference, but very easy to tell if something is not as good as your internal reference point. You get used to a good audio or video system and forget just how good it is, it becomes regular. YET the instant you see or hear a different system it instantly shows whats missing to your normal reference. Then going back to your own system and boom, its clear just how special it is.

The drive home after the test drive made my B&O system sound out of this world again. Yet it had been pretty ordinary sounding for months.

Before the test drive I was thinking bose was fine, because my car was sounding pretty ordinary after months of reset on the internal reference points. Now after hearing both in the same day, its very clear that the differences are huge again. I have not heard the Burm, but I expect it is a killer system, just like my B&O in the S8.

Likely the bose is the best decision for most people. If you have had great audio before in a car, and have a high current standard for your reference, you will be unhappy short term with the bose. Eventually though it will become quite adequate as you forget what great sounded like.

hope that makes sense. (our new turbo is bose)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I was VERY impressed with the Bose in the Macan. I can only imagine how good the Burm must be. The normal one that comes standard isnt the best though. Bose is worth the $ IMO. While Burm. is better, not sure its 6500$ better.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
I have the Burm in my Macan. Absolutely no regrets as I LOVE IT! So crisp and clear even at volume.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the Burm in my Macan. Absolutely no regrets as I LOVE IT! So crisp and clear even at volume.
Forgive me for going off topic . . . . Our Bose has been sitting in our Macan Turbo since 5/7 at the port and still hasn't been released! Since you live in RI, do you have any feel whether there is something I should ask our dealer what to do to get our Bose, with Macan attached, any sooner? ;)

The car was originally promised May 16th, then Friday, the 23rd, now no projected arrival. I am guessing the lot there at Davisville is so uber crowed with cars, our particular car is either overlooked or lost when the trucks come.

We are traveling June 12th, so we don't know what is going to happen if it shows up at our dealer after we get back in July. Yikes!!!

Back on topic: we listen more to talk radio, but with a proper sub wolfer, the Bose should be adequate, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Forgive me for going off topic . . . . Our Bose has been sitting in our Macan Turbo since 5/7 at the port and still hasn't been released! Since you live in RI, do you have any feel whether there is something I should ask our dealer what to do to get our Bose, with Macan attached, any sooner? ;)

The car was originally promised May 16th, then Friday, the 23rd, now no projected arrival. I am guessing the lot there at Davisville is so uber crowed with cars, our particular car is either overlooked or lost when the trucks come.

We are traveling June 12th, so we don't know what is going to happen if it shows up at our dealer after we get back in July. Yikes!!!

Back on topic: we listen more to talk radio, but with a proper sub wolfer, the Bose should be adequate, I suppose.
I hope you get your Macan before your trip, my guess is you'll have it in the next week or so the most. I do know 2 things: 1) My Macan got there 4/8 on the first boat to Davisville and was one of the first to be delivered to our RI dealer around 5/14 as they wanted them delivered as close to launch as possible. So they probably have a few boat loads of them in queue before yours plus the regular deliveries so it shouldn't be too much longer. and 2) there was a big Air show in Davisville last weekend so I know nothing went in or out during that and possibly the day before and after it too but not sure.

GL hope you get your Macan this week!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hope you get your Macan before your trip, my guess is you'll have it in the next week or so the most. I do know 2 things: 1) My Macan got there 4/8 on the first boat to Davisville and was one of the first to be delivered to our RI dealer around 5/14 as they wanted them delivered as close to launch as possible. So they probably have a few boat loads of them in queue before yours plus the regular deliveries so it shouldn't be too much longer. and 2) there was a big Air show in Davisville last weekend so I know nothing went in or out during that and possibly the day before and after it too but not sure.

GL hope you get your Macan this week!
Thanks so much for this and your recounting what's happening near you. Our car was not a launch car, but was supposed to be the first one right after these per our dealer. We ordered it in November, but didn't lock in until February, I believe. I get a vision that our car is grouped somewhere on a large lot not being picked for truck shipment until all of the others are selected.
:crying:

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1 burm amazing sound!

Reactions: TripleL and janene

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I hear that the Burmester sounds outstanding! Enjoy, sounds like a great option.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: janene

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
I find the Bose to be more than adequate and very dependent on the music. It can sound bad, but it can sound very good also.

If money was no object there's no doubt I'd go for the Burmester. I used to drool over their original home gear in the window of Lyric HiFi on Lexington Ave in Manhattan.

But when money is a consideration and I have to live within a reasonable budget, I'd be sure I was checking the performance options first. Then if there is still room in budget, I'd go for it in a New York minute.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I listen to Base Audio in Macan, Bose Audio in Macan, and Burmester in Macan on a daily basis. One of my buddies have Bose in Macan and I sit in his car at least twice a week. My two Macan, one is base audio and one is burmester. After listening to each system in Macan for more than 30 hours each, The bose audio is pretty good, but definitely more close to base audio than burmester. If base was 60 points and Burmester was 100 points, Bose will go somewhere along 75. Its pretty amazing. The fact that I drive the same exact car and listen to the same music in but one is base and one is burmester really just kills me, I don't listen to music in the base audio Macan anymore, its especially noticeable when you're listening to the same music.

However, I have to say it depends on the music. I listen to all kinds of genre of music. For EDM and like hip hop, you're not able to notice the difference between burmester and bose as much, definitely noticeable, but not like blown away level. But for vocals, classical etc, you'll be blown away by the high pitch clearness and voice 3Dness. For those who got it, definitely need to try the different settings (surround, live, etc) for different music, there is one best setting for each type of music (usually live is best for vocals).

Reactions: TripleL and MDJAK

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife drives so I can play with the Burmeister Concert Hall. We had an Audi SQ5 with the B&O and there is no comparison in sound quality. The sub woofer can get the Macan shacking and I wonder how it sounds outside. The only problem I have is my wife telling me to turn it down and that is hard to do.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Happy sigh! I'm glad I found this thread.

I sat in various vehicles with the Bose and found one with Burmeister. I was really taken back the sound quality and difference.

Although my husband was disinterested in listening, I told him this was not negotiable. We would have the Burm.

I told him I will patiently wait to hear those precious words uttered by him after he listens: "cough cough...you were right" and I can say, "Excuse me, what did you say?" and he'll mumble under his breath..."you were right". 0:)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Unfortunately all those years of listening to loud music and riding motorcycles have severely compromised my hearing I now suffer from tinitis (constant ringing in my ears) hence I settled for the Bose since 5K on a sound system would surely be wasted on me :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts