Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
981 GTS, Macan GTS PN1ASYF3
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !
Just managed to run over my new Macan car keys!

looks like the lock button was a causality (the others seem to work)

many tips on economical way to fix the key??

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
If you can still open/lock the car from the outside....you don't need the lock button. I almost never use it....I touch the door handle and listen for the (faint) beep.

I didn't see any mention of the ComfortAccess option for the OP's vehicle...
(then again, how was the vehicle able to operate if the fob was outside of it waiting to be run over?!? Although the first post does say keyS, plural...)

Does the run over fob still work with the vehicle? (maybe you'd better not turn your Macan off, otherwise it may not restart! :eek:)

🤔

Maybe ComfortAccess isn't for everyone?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

If I recall . . . and this could be "urban legend" they are about $800 from dealers

Finally . . . .

·
Registered
6,795 Posts

If I recall . . . and this could be "urban legend" they are about $800 from dealers

Finally . . . .

800???? Is that all? A Mother’s Day card cost me 8 bucks. I gotta figure the key cost a hundred times more to make. Lol.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
A Mother’s Day card cost me 8 bucks. I gotta figure the key cost a hundred times more to make
You should have made it yourself, drawn flowers on the front and given to D . . . play the "sentimental card".

:)

I, of course, uncharacteristically, bought cards early, wrote and put stamps on them early . . . . a couple weeks in advance . . . and found them on the backseat floor of my pickup yesterday . . . NEXT TO A KEY FOB (now we're on topic) . . . maintaining my perfect record of being late.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I'm betting that the $300 is closer than what some folks might say . . . .

Font Rectangle Art Circle Handwriting

If you are feeling REALLY brave . . . .he's one option . . .

So, recently bought a used 2015 Macan S that came with one Key FOB. I asked the dealer for a quote and it was around $650+tax. Here is a step by step guide of how I did it for $130. YMMV.

There are enough reasons not to try this - you might break trims (I did), it will take a couple of hours to remove the trims , you may not be comfortable shipping your BCM module to a random guy on Youtube, the space under the dash is sort of tight and dark, and so on.

If you still want to do it, here are the steps.

Tools needed
  1. Trim puller View attachment 240497
  2. Torx bit T-25
  3. Plastic trim removers View attachment 240496
  4. Used Porsche Key from eBay - any 3 button or 4 button remote should work
  5. Blank blade from eBay
Steps:
1. Remove the hood release. There is a plastic tab in the back of the assembly. Pull the plastic tab out (goes towards the engine). The slowly pull out the hood release - this time pull towards the passenger door.

View attachment 240498

2. Pull up the door sill trim. It is held by a few clips - the trim puller tools should be useful. Start from the thin end (near the driver's seat) and pull out carefully.

View attachment 240499

3. The whole trim piece will come off, set aside.

4. Now we need to take of the trim that covers the lower side of the steering column.
Take off the driver side fuse panel cover. You will find a T25 torx, remove it.

View attachment 240501

5. Under the trim, you will find two more T25s, they will be on either sides of the airbag. Take those off too.

View attachment 240502

6. Pull the vent near the screen - this is where you use the puller tool. Don't be like me - I broke a vent. The puller will make you life a lot more pleasant.

View attachment 240504

7. Inside that cavity, you will find the last T25 that is holding the panel (the hole without a screw in the picture below). Take it off, obviously.

View attachment 240505

8. Go around with your trim tool and unhook the clips. You might want to be careful.

9. Once the trim becomes loose, you need to undo the cables. On the right side of the steering, there is only one connector (the yellow cable in the picture above)..

·
Registered
2017 Porsche Macan
31 Posts
I paid about $400 for the key and $200 for programming. It took two months for the key to arrive from Germany. Meanwhile I found the lost key!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello all !
Just managed to run over my new Macan car keys!

looks like the lock button was a causality (the others seem to work)

many tips on economical way to fix the key??
I have an extra key I can sell you and you can get programmed. Let me know, it even has the volcano grey painted plastics I got from the dealer. My macan a was totaled and dealer never got the second key from me and i kept it as a memory lol. Message me.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Watch
Sports equipment Peripheral Input device Gesture Finger
Watch Helmet Peripheral Input device Communication Device

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I have an extra key I can sell you and you can get programmed. Let me know, it even has the volcano grey painted plastics I got from the dealer. My macan a was totaled and dealer never got the second key from me and i kept it as a memory lol. Message me.

View attachment 255587 View attachment 255588 View attachment 255589
Ever consider “paying it forward“ and giving it to him? It would make him feel good, make you feel even better, and it’s good karma.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts