Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up at the factory and will be driving through the alps, Italy, France, Switzerland and back to drop at the factory.

A guy I know who is from Europe says I should buy a bra otherwise the front of my Macan will be all chipped up.

While I want to keep the car pristine this will be my daily driver (weekend car is a Cayman and I am highly protective of it). I am not too worried about putting a bra on for the drive.

Anyone think I need it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am picking up at the factory and will be driving through the alps, Italy, France, Switzerland and back to drop at the factory.
... I am not too worried about putting a bra on for the drive.
Anyone think I need it?
On our ED trip, we drove 5,271 km through Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, and France, including Stelvio pass from Davos, Switzerland to Bormio, Italy (and a dozen more). There are zero chips in the paint or windshield of our Macan Turbo - see the attached photo taken at our return in Stuttgart. We used the adaptive cruise control a lot because we did not know the speed limits in many places - it followed cars ahead at a greater distance than we normally drive and may be the reason we had no stone chips (except for a few on the wheels).

I never use bras or covers because they trap dust and dirt, especially in the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On our ED trip, we drove 5,271 km through Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, and France, including Stelvio pass from Davos, Switzerland to Bormio, Italy (and a dozen more). There are zero chips in the paint or windshield of our Macan Turbo - see the attached photo taken at our return in Stuttgart. We used the adaptive cruise control a lot because we did not know the speed limits in many places - it followed cars ahead at a greater distance than we normally drive and may be the reason we had no stone chips (except for a few on the wheels).

I never use bras or covers because they trap dust and dirt, especially in the rain.
The day is coming, 10/1 next Wednesday. Leaving for Deutschland tomorrow. Decided not to worry about any rock chips or wheel dents or whatever. Good advice to keep distance. I likely will use ACC if there is traffic since we are driving an average of 5 hours a day over 10 days.

Looking forward to a fun trip and if anything happens to my baby she can be repaired upon return, will be cautious as I always am but the trip is a bucket list item, won't sweat the small stuff!

Just trying to figure out if I need to pack the Lederhosen today, it is Oktoberfest after all! ;-)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Agree with @wmras that the front end bra could do more harm than good. The front end could also have discoloration when you take it off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The day is coming, 10/1 next Wednesday. Leaving for Deutschland tomorrow. Decided not to worry about any rock chips or wheel dents or whatever. Good advice to keep distance. I likely will use ACC if there is traffic since we are driving an average of 5 hours a day over 10 days.

Looking forward to a fun trip and if anything happens to my baby she can be repaired upon return, will be cautious as I always am but the trip is a bucket list item, won't sweat the small stuff!

Just trying to figure out if I need to pack the Lederhosen today, it is Oktoberfest after all! ;-)
Have a great trip - we have done it twice and it is a blast. Drive as many back roads as you can - it is slower, but much more fun. We often use our GPS to look for local hotels ahead on our route, typically mid afternoon - B&Bs are often memorable experiences.

Make sure the delivery person explains how the German police approach the car if they stop you (they may not be in uniform). Buy window sticker passes for Austria and Switzerland motorways from gas stations before crossing the borders. Be prepared for a long delay if you have the factory repair any problems before shipping your baby home (ours was 2 1/2 months for a small scrape on the RR door and three warranty issues).

Drive lots of twisty roads - your Macan and you will love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts