Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Macan S that I purchased and took delivery of in November 2015 has an odometer reading of 76K km (80K or 4 yrs is the end of original warranty in Canada). I have decided to purchase a 2 yr extended warranty even though I haven't had much go wrong with the car other than some trim pieces like cracked B pillars and plastic tabs cracking on the rubber seals at the bottom on a couple of doors, (had some oxidizing of the aluminum trim around the windows too). The only thing that needed replacement that I would call expensive was the surround view camera which needed a new "module" a year or so ago. Other than that she has been a pretty darn good vehicle. I still enjoy taking her out, even to just do errands.

The cost of the plan was $3400 CDN for two years. My plan was to keep this S until the refreshed GTS came out and then order one of those before the all new Macan arrives. An electric Macan doesn't make sense for my driving needs and I assume the new Panny console will be there as well and I do like all the buttons that the refresh still has. If, as some say here on the forums, that the refresh will not see a GTS model, then I guess I will have to re evaluate towards the end of the refresh run. The farthest I could see myself going is something like a GTS hybrid in the new model, but definitely no fully electric Macan.

Reactions: TripleL and SoCalS5

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
$3400 sound okay to me for piece of mind for 2 years.
I also have a 2016......and they just replaced the Transfer case. That would be $5k.....out of warranty.

Is there an option to extend that again in 2 years ? Does that exist at Dealers?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$3400 sound okay to me for piece of mind for 2 years.
I also have a 2016......and they just replaced the Transfer case. That would be $5k.....out of warranty.

Is there an option to extend that again in 2 years ? Does that exist at Dealers?
It wasn't mentioned to me as it wasn't something that I was considering but a quick call to a dealership would answer that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts