Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
CPIGUY is the forum member who owned this PP. We both had the first allocations from our dealerships for a PP so I remember him well. I was giving him some advise on his build after he asked if his configuration was missing anything. He must have lots of money to waste since those are $10K tires and wheels.
Yep, that’s him!

Reactions: Andre Soares
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Interesting that the first post after searching for his name was this:

I know this wil not be without controversy, but if I had it to do over, I would go for a GTS and save $20 grand. It's just not fast enough or loud enough to float my boat. Besides, I bought it because it's an SUV with some practicality, and that's the way I use it. So the extra 80hp is truly meaningless. If wanted something exilirating and screaming fast, then I just need to accept there are cars that do that job far better. I've learned a lesson with this one.
I guess it explains why he got rid of it. I'm glad he did. ;) Thanks CPI GUY, I'm sure we'll be happy with it.

Welcome and congratulations on your new gorgeous Turbo!

Here’s hoping for a fast, safe and uneventful delivery.

You and your wife are going to have a blast driving this car, and be ready for many, many compliments on the color. Yes, you all did find a rare and wonderful unicorn :D

As an added bonus the original owner already took care of the break in period so when it finally gets to you, you can drive it like you stole it >:D

Reactions: wspollack
welcome and congrads you got a great one with some great options. Best of all the wife is happy and you saved a grip. Although the facelift is in the process there are some great gems in the market right now and you found one for sure. If I would have seen that when I was in the market waiting for my special ordered one I would have scooped that up in a heart beat.

enjoy.

Congrats, we just got the wife a CPO Carmine Red Turbo PP last month. We have the Red stitching as well, but have full leather.

Hopefully your wife will let you drive it some. Find a place where you can test launch control. ;)

Referring back to Post 22... where Arnie reviews his purchase with som regret....

I just went thru that...almost
I missed my target buy by less than an hour doing the paperwork
It was a 2017 GTS for $66 from a build cost of $81....6k miles

I had fallen in love....and lost ...bummer

Back to the proverbial drawing board
Now I’m chasing a 2016 ‘S’ with 4K miles....$50k... from $68

I am only in the IS 4 months a year...why spend too much ?
This car will serve the purpose very well

During one of my test drives, the salesman said the GTS wasn’t worth the extra $$ for my purposes
I lost sight of that advice in my ardor...right color, right options....

I’ll be happier here I think

But car buying is fun!!

Congrats! Many miles with lots of smiles.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Mods on the way:
Video In Motion module (I only play music videos, not movies)
Airmatic Lowering Links
Colored key fob covers
Alcantara seat protector spray

What is being sold. This beast will be missed.

Attachments

Looks very nice. Should do fine- I bought a 2010 GT3 sight unseen from a dealer in Tennessee a few years ago that was CPO'ed. Had a ton of pix, DME report, previous owner etc. Had only 800 miles on it in 1 1/2 years. Flew in with my son, and drove it back to IA- put more miles on it the first day I had it than it had gotten in 1 1/2 years!!

Looks great! I looked at the pics on AutoTrader. The "Macan turbo" badging in the back, looks a little off center to me - like it's a bit too far to the left.

But other that that, looks like great find. Congrats if you move forward with it.

Looks great! I looked at the pics on AutoTrader. The "Macan turbo" badging in the back, looks a little off center to me - like it's a bit too far to the left.

But other that that, looks like great find. Congrats if you move forward with it.

True that, I just went back and saw it. It's way off to left. You can see it's under the O on Porsche and the HE has nothing underneath it. Maybe because the original owner had the "Deletion of Model Designation" as it says on the Window Sticker and the dealer added it back. Not a good job though...

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Can you provide a link, I had it coded in my old bmw e90 335
It was from navtool.com. I went with just the VIM module and not the smartphone mirroring. I like to mount my phone with Waze on a different screen than my music videos.

The 2015-2016 Macan unit is different from 2017-2018, so make sure you select the right year.

....The "Macan turbo" badging in the back, looks a little off center to me - like it's a bit too far to the left.....
....Maybe because the original owner had the "Deletion of Model Designation" as it says on the Window Sticker and the dealer added it back.....

I believe this is due to the original owner adding the Macan Turbo S badging......and the S has since been removed. See the pic from post number 67 in the thread link below....

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/ma...ormance-package-late-party-7.html#post2186946

Reactions: Andre Soares
Discussion starter · #39 ·

Good catch! Not sure what I'd do to fix it or just leave it.

I think it looks cleaner with just the "PORSCHE" lettering on the back, so maybe that's another reason for "MACAN TURBO" to come off.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.