Porsche Macan Forum banner

How long did you have to wait for Bose Amplifier to arrive before taking delivery?

• No wait (with upgrade to Bose sound system)

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Under 1 week

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Between 1 - 4 weeks

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Between 1 - 2 months

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Over 2 months

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Still waiting...

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Still waiting (over 1 month)

Votes: 19 18.3%

Bose Amplifier Delay - Poll and Thoughts

59K views 403 replies 120 participants last post by  Mike1117 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
There is/has been a delay on Bose amplifiers since Sep 2021 with a stop sale campaign attached to affected cars.

From what I collected online, sometimes car wait at the port (so the delay might not be as apparent) but more recently get delivered to the dealership while waiting for amplifier to come in.

My intention of opening this thread is to get a sense of how long people typically wait for the Bose amplifier before taking delivery. Please don't merge with other delivery thread if possible (also not sure if the poll would get deleted if merged)

Personally I have been waiting for over a month with no end in sight and no information/estimated time from the dealership or PCNA (I've actively contacted both). The car is in the showroom and I have signed all purchase papers for the car. My next course of action would be to reach out to people on this page: Contact & Information - Porsche Newsroom USA to hopefully reach some of the higher-ups that might be able to get more information.

Would like to hear people's thoughts as well, in terms of next course of action or maybe I'm overreacting and should just continue to wait with no further action.

See less See more
#2 Ā·
The whole thing of parts not available is a head scratcher. My car was built in January and has the amplifier and the electric steering column. It's like there's no rhyme or reason. I think I would force a delivery with a "parts owed" sheet.

Reactions: AussieBob
#3 Ā·
Yea I'm going to go to the dealership tomorrow and try the forced delivery again. I would go as far as signing a waiver. Don't have much hope as they mentioned before it's a "safety" concern and they can't release the car. Appreciate your thoughts!

#16 Ā·
but not power steering column
Forgive me, I'm only an onlooker to this debacle, but are you the proud owner of a car with absolutely no power assist to the steering and what are the driving characteristics of a Macan without a power steering column? Sounds very 1960's.

#9 Ā·
Talked to my SA today. My S was put on a transport yesterday out of Houston for the dealership. ETA still listed as 05/20 but will probably show up sooner than that. He says that there are no holds on my vehicle but he has another car off that ship that has a hold for the Burmeister system.

#401 Ā·
I bought my macan this week. The dealer in Houston had three, all loaded, but with Burmeister stereos, and were waiting on the amplifie. They couldnt sell them, since they could loose their license from Porshe. Apoke to the manager about this, and I too was willing to sign something saying you owe me this amp, and to have it installed in a month or so, but no go. manager also cited safety issues (not sure how an amp impacts safety). Apparently, he has 10 cars (all models) on his lot that cant be sold due to these Burmeister amps.

I bought one with Bose instead

Hope Porsche had delivery and performance guarantees as part of their contract!

#10 Ā·
Seems like I just have the worst luck or the worst dealership lol (the dealership does have couple more Macans in the same situation). Part of me thinks they did something wrong and didn't order the missing part until it's too late which is why I want to take some action rather than just waiting around with no ETA.

#13 Ā·
If it needs the amp for warnings then I get it.

#22 Ā·
Giving everyone an update! I finally have my car! Went in to the dealership on Wednesday mentioning that it's been over a month, apparently there are other Macans at my dealership that arrived later and have gotten the part already. They later called me and said they located a part from another dealership and was able to get it shipped. I'll start another thread in the delivery section once I give her a wash and take some nice pictures.

#28 Ā·
I have heard many macans were delivered to dealerships without Bose amp and the cars ended up sitting there waiting for an amp 3+ weeks. I wonder if anyone who has gotten their cars with the Bose amp in the recent months. Just want to get an idea if all the cars delivered were missing the amp.

#29 Ā·
March 28 delivery. Car was complete, Bose amp included. Even the electric steering column

Reactions: cdarwinj
#30 Ā·
Same as doctorold - end of March delivery inclusive of Bose amp and electric steering column

#34 Ā·
I canā€™t find the sheet but it was around that date. I was lucky, I guess.

#35 Ā·
Mine arrived in Jacksonville on May 8, but was held at the Port for Quality Action (Bose and/TPMS? Porsche would not give my SA any details). Finally cleared for transport on May 23. Arrived at dealership this morning (May 28) and I watched it unloaded from the truck. Scheduled to take delivery on May 30.
To answer the question, mine probably arrived without the Bose and waited at port for 2 weeks for the missing part(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.