Porsche Macan Forum banner

How long did you have to wait for Bose Amplifier to arrive before taking delivery?

• No wait (with upgrade to Bose sound system)

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Under 1 week

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Between 1 - 4 weeks

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Between 1 - 2 months

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Over 2 months

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Still waiting...

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Still waiting (over 1 month)

Votes: 18 18.6%
361 - 380 of 397 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Our cars are on the same boat . So its Bose Vs Burmeister .
Getting the GTS that fast is amazing. I hope you appreciate them doing you a real solid given they were telling me I’d have to wait a year for a GTS. I’m sure being a repeat customer didn’t hurt!
The Burmester will likely win. There’s probably less demand and more availability.
It’ll be amazing.

· Registered
285 Posts
My dealer told me that Bose was making the amps in Mexico shipping them to Porsche Germany and then Porsche was shipping some of them back to the US to put in the cars that have been sitting here with holds. He said they just switched to shipping some direclty from Mexico to California for US cars on hold which should speed up the hold period.

· Registered
729 Posts
I just got a Call from my SA, my bose amp is in and I am picking up my 2023 macan S Tomorrow, only took 17 days not bad at all considering others have waited much longer.

· Registered
93 Posts
My ‘23 S is scheduled to arrive in dealer inventory on 12/23/22. My SA wrote an even more obtuse note:
“I don’t see any change or deletion of the Bose system. Unless something changes in the future, it looks like they are sending this unit with it.”
Sure would be nice to receive my S fully equipped before 2023!
Mine is scheduled to ship out either tomorrow or on the 6th, all signs point to Bose amp is already installed, per head of customer relations North America. Now, will it actually make the ship? IDK.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just got a call late afternoon that amp arrived and Macan will be ready tomorrow afternoon. Took 30 days waiting for amp. Salesperson stated that dealer pays Porsche when vehicle is unloaded at east coast port. I think it is Baltimore. It takes about a week to deliver to dealership by train and by truck carrier transport. So, every day that the vehicle sits at the dealership awaiting for Bose amp or any other missing parts, dealer takes a hit on the profit.

· Registered
410 Posts
Mine is scheduled to ship out either tomorrow or on the 6th, all signs point to Bose amp is already installed, per head of customer relations North America. Now, will it actually make the ship? IDK.
Today my SA wrote to say he got an email advising the delivery date was moved from 12/23 to 1/6 but no indication the Bose would come with it or not. So ordered late July, expected a Mid-November delivery moved to late December to early Jan. Its a good thing my RL is running great.

· Registered
28 Posts
Got the call that I’ve been waiting for… the amp is in. Will pick up my GTS Friday. order was put in mid April, lock was in early July. Received the car aft dealer oct 4th. Dealer order the part Oct 5th. Initial delivery was oct 17th and now will be Dec 2nd. Honestly, they´ve been really good at Porsche Rive Sud! Got great support from my SA.

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux PPUQ7NL7
428 Posts
Got the call that I’ve been waiting for… the amp is in. Will pick up my GTS Friday. order was put in mid April, lock was in early July. Received the car aft dealer oct 4th. Dealer order the part Oct 5th. Initial delivery was oct 17th and now will be Dec 2nd.
Awesome stuff!

I got the same call today and very very similar dates as my order too, but my GTS only arrived in November 18th. Might be picking it up as early as tomorrow. That's unless we get the forecast 30cm of snow overnight, my trade in car is on summer tires.

· Registered
235 Posts
I am wondering when are they going to include again the BOSE sound system for the 2023 builds.

The only option now is the Burmester and its almost 6K more!!!....lol

The audio quality in our current Macan S is.....well I don't want to say terrible, but I always though I was going to upgrade the sound system in our next car.

Well, now it seems the Bose audio system does not show in the configurator. I may consider waiting until it is available again.
I wish if the Bose was not available at least something else like Harman Kardon would be available.

Would it be possible to upgrade the audio system at a later time?

· Registered
285 Posts
I’m hearing the amp situation is improving. Local dealers received them for most of their cars in US that have been sitting on lots. My S should arrive at the dealer late next week, likely with bose amp.
As my dealer told me, it's getting better because Bose is shipping direct to the US now.

I am wondering when are they going to include again the BOSE sound system for the 2023 builds....
My dealer said the Bose probably will not be available for ordering until March of '23, but you never know. If Bose can ramp up production faster Porsche would be happy to sell them.

They took the Bose out of the base Cayenne options too now. Sucks because I'm optioning up a base Cayenne for more $ than the Platinum Edition to get my wife a color they don't offer in the Platinum but then I can't get the Bose (or heated rear seats for some strange reason) that they put in the Platinum version. Fortunately, my wife doesn't care about music as much as I do, so will just live with the base stereo on her Cayenne.

· Registered
285 Posts
If you order the car with the basic Porsche Stereo, is it possible to upgrade later to the Bose system?....
I don't know why I am assuming that......with my limited experience.....probably not.....:confused:
Custom shop can upgrade anything, but it will cost you $$$$

· Registered
20 Posts
My Macan has sat at the port of Jacksonville for a month after arriving via the Sunshine Ace on 11/15/22. It just got a Bose amp last week (1 month delay), and PEC Atlanta delivery is scheduled for early February.

361 - 380 of 397 Posts