Porsche Macan Forum banner

How long did you have to wait for Bose Amplifier to arrive before taking delivery?

• No wait (with upgrade to Bose sound system)

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Under 1 week

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Between 1 - 4 weeks

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Between 1 - 2 months

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Over 2 months

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Still waiting...

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Still waiting (over 1 month)

Votes: 18 18.6%
341 - 360 of 397 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Everything I read about Bose amp so far, it seems to get installed at the dealer hence many Macans sitting on the lot waiting. My car was delayed by about 1.5 months so far but it's currently on a ship, and the latest email SA sent me said,

"Currently there are no blocks/holds on it, so I think the Bose amp was installed in Germany, along with a pressure sensor."

Is this possible? Or, do I have to wait more to get an amp installed at the dealer?

Alos, I have no idea what "pressure sensor" he's talking about. Was there a shortage of that?

· Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Everything I read about Bose amp so far, it seems to get installed at the dealer hence many Macans sitting on the lot waiting. My car was delayed by about 1.5 months so far but it's currently on a ship, and the latest email SA sent me said,

"Currently there are no blocks/holds on it, so I think the Bose amp was installed in Germany, along with a pressure sensor."

Is this possible? Or, do I have to wait more to get an amp installed at the dealer?

Alos, I have no idea what "pressure sensor" he's talking about. Was there a shortage of that?
Maybe it might be worth a call to the SA to get answers, as what he sent was pretty vague.

· Registered
410 Posts
My ‘23 S is scheduled to arrive in dealer inventory on 12/23/22. My SA wrote an even more obtuse note:
“I don’t see any change or deletion of the Bose system. Unless something changes in the future, it looks like they are sending this unit with it.”
Sure would be nice to receive my S fully equipped before 2023!

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,251 Posts
My ‘23 S is scheduled to arrive in dealer inventory on 12/23/22. My SA wrote an even more obtuse note:
“I don’t see any change or deletion of the Bose system. Unless something changes in the future, it looks like they are sending this unit with it.”
Sure would be nice to receive my S fully equipped before 2023!
Our cars are on the same boat . So its Bose Vs Burmeister .

· Registered
30 Posts
AndersonP -that’s awful! It sucks to make choices based on a professional’s advice and have them take no accountability. In my occupation we have to take accountability for what we promise. Buying a new car should be fun. I never want to do this again.

· Registered
30 Posts
Just left the dear shop about 15mins ago and was talking to my SA because I had to drop off my Skene license plate mount they are going to install for me prior to deliver. We were talking about the Bose amp because I am waiting for one and he told me that the Porsche rep was In today and told them that Bose is now shipping the amps directly to the dealers Instead of Porsche to get them to the customer quicker. So now the middle man being Porsche is cut out. He also said they are expecting a pretty large shipment. They made this change due to the stop sale of Bose.
I was told the same thing but my dealership only got 2 and no idea when the next ones are coming.

· Registered
1 Posts
  • Ordered my Macan 25th Feb 22 - arrived at the showroom on 18th Oct 22 and am still waiting for the Bose Amp to arrive, with no idea of when that is likely to be happening. However, the saleman took me some nice pictures of the interior and exterior of the car in the showroom (thanks!!) - Look what you could have won!!: :LOL:

· Registered
6 Posts
  • Ordered my Macan 25th Feb 22 - arrived at the showroom on 18th Oct 22 and am still waiting for the Bose Amp to arrive, with no idea of when that is likely to be happening. However, the saleman took me some nice pictures of the interior and exterior of the car in the showroom (thanks!!) - Look what you could have won!!: :LOL:

I am in the same boat mate GTS at dealer 14th October. Been told Porsche gonna fix all UK cars by end Nov early December. Don’t hold your breath tho that’s a lot of cars by sound of it…

· Registered
2023 Macan
4 Posts
Got a notification last evening that my amp had arrived and the shop guys got it installed before leaving for the day. I was unable to make it to the dealership today to pickup the car and due to work issues cannot get to the dealership until next Friday. It will be hard to wait another week but knowing it is ready to take home will be enough to see me through. Actual time from car arriving at the dealership to the amp arriving was 3 weeks and a day. Best of luck to all still waiting. Patience my friends, it will arrive, eventually!

· Registered
2 Posts
Went to the dealer yesterday and he told me something could happen in first week of December…..so it means 7 weeks delay. In alternative he offers me a Tycan 4 CT, but it’s 20k more expensive….I am thinking about it, I am tired to wait and starting from December I would have to drive 60km per day.

341 - 360 of 397 Posts