Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Macaneers,

I’m fortunate to have a March build slot for a new GTS. I’ve spec’d mine in Crayon (Chalk) with black leather/crayon stitching interior and included..pano, sports chrono,carbon interior, rev cam, gloss black options to compliment the colour and a heated screen for the frosty Scottish mornings !

To brighten up all the black around the dash I was considering adding the Bordeaux Red rev counter prior to the build locking down. I’m struggling to find any decent pictures of this option (plenty in carmine & garnet) and the Porsche configurator is not great at highlighting some colours. I’d really appreciate if the community has some feedback on this option and if anyone has spec’d this option or has photos/video ?

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 GTS PNQ969F1
158 Posts
Hello fellow Macaneers,

I’m fortunate to have a March build slot for a new GTS. I’ve spec’d mine in Crayon (Chalk) with black leather/crayon stitching interior and included..pano, sports chrono,carbon interior, rev cam, gloss black options to compliment the colour and a heated screen for the frosty Scottish mornings !

To brighten up all the black around the dash I was considering adding the Bordeaux Red rev counter prior to the build locking down. I’m struggling to find any decent pictures of this option (plenty in carmine & garnet) and the Porsche configurator is not great at highlighting some colours. I’d really appreciate if the community has some feedback on this option and if anyone has spec’d this option or has photos/video ?

Thanks
Gary
Hi Gary,

I had this same predicament, except my GTS is papaya orange! So I just couldn't bring myself to do it even though I really wanted some colour on the dials. My rather unqualified opinion would be to go for it. I think it makes the whole thing feel more special it is something you will stare at and appreciate every time you drive the car.

P.s. I did some research of my own a while back and here is a old 911 advert with Bordeaux Red dials and seatbelts. This is a really good photo I think.
Speedometer Car Odometer Vehicle Trip computer

·
Registered
ordering a 2022 GTS
110 Posts
we definitely spec'd the bordeaux instruments for our GTS April build without hesitation...can't wait....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gary,

I had this same predicament, except my GTS is papaya orange! So I just couldn't bring myself to do it even though I really wanted some colour on the dials. My rather unqualified opinion would be to go for it. I think it makes the whole thing feel more special it is something you will stare at and appreciate every time you drive the car.

P.s. I did some research of my own a while back and here is a old 911 advert with Bordeaux Red dials and seatbelts. This is a really good photo I think.
View attachment 250414
Hi Tav,

Thanks very much, the picture looks great !!

Your spot on, I think the red dials just make the build more individual and I'll get the benefit seeing them every time I'm behind the wheel :)

Regards
Gary

·
Registered
2022 Macan (on order)
232 Posts
I decided to go with white dials since I feel they look the best. You can see a side-by-side comparison on this thread

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi — it is a little bit hard to understand what you are saying. You want only the rev counter to be Bordeaux red? Or are you talking all instrument gauges Bordeaux red? I have a Volcano Grey GTS with red interior, black dash with red stitching, Bordeaux red main gauges AND a red sport chrono gauge. It was CPO so I did not spec it but it is awesome I’m my view. Really makes a difference. Not hard on the eyes at all but just reading this it sounds like it should be. It isn’t. Plus of course in low light they “read” as black. Probably the only thing I’d have done if I could do it custom would be spec the sport chrono gauge as yellow. If you want to be subtle you could just spec the chrono gauge in red. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
While I think it looks cool, and if you like it all the better to me it’s one of Porsche’s biggest money grabs. What they charge for that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
ordering a 2022 GTS
110 Posts
While I think it looks cool, and if you like it all the better to me it’s one of Porsche’s biggest money grabs. What they charge for that is ridiculous.
what they charge for 90% of the options is ridiculous...$540 for a wireless phone connection in the console? please. And you are so correct..a different colored face plate on the speedo and tach...$700???!!!! We talked ourselves into not paying attention to the crazy prices. We want a Macan GTS and we outfitted it the way we wanted, and squinted at the screen revealing the total price ;)

Regarding the instruments, Van. I also like white as well. My wife had them in her 2004 Boxster S. So cool how they are white in the daytime and dark at night with the lights on....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Regarding the instruments, Van. I also like white as well. My wife had them in her 2004 Boxster S. So cool how they are white in the daytime and dark at night with the lights on....
This. I have the while dials in a black interior and they are great - they make seeing the gauges so much easier. And then they go dark at night. There was a previous thread about how Porsche accomplishes this effect and for the life of me I can’t figure it out - it’s very subtle. It’s these touches that make paying $$$ for a Porsche so totally worth it 😉

·
Registered
2022 Macan (on order)
232 Posts
what they charge for 90% of the options is ridiculous...$540 for a wireless phone connection in the console? please.
Part of the cost is due to the complexity of managing a beespoke system, special vendor contracts, software, logistics, etc. the remaining is whatever they believe we’ll be willing to pay :)

Reactions: THX_ZORA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback !
I do think the white also looks really cool. My thinking on the red dials was to continue the theme from the exterior with red callipers and the red GTS decal on the blades.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi — it is a little bit hard to understand what you are saying. You want only the rev counter to be Bordeaux red? Or are you talking all instrument gauges Bordeaux red? I have a Volcano Grey GTS with red interior, black dash with red stitching, Bordeaux red main gauges AND a red sport chrono gauge. It was CPO so I did not spec it but it is awesome I’m my view. Really makes a difference. Not hard on the eyes at all but just reading this it sounds like it should be. It isn’t. Plus of course in low light they “read” as black. Probably the only thing I’d have done if I could do it custom would be spec the sport chrono gauge as yellow. If you want to be subtle you could just spec the chrono gauge in red. Good luck!

Thanks for the comments.
I’m only considering the main dials and not the sports crono

·
Registered
ordering a 2022 GTS
110 Posts
Highly recommend. I have it on my white GTS. View attachment 250541
Thanks for this pic. Now I am so confused. We had bordeaux red instruments as well to match the bordeaux/black interior, but the render software shows the needle as red and since some had said that in certain daylight conditions, they could not see the tach. So we are switching our order to white dials to ensure they can be seen in all light conditions (we are going to be driving our GTS in manual 100% of the time, so seeing the tach clearly at all times is pretty important). But now I see the GTS pic above and the needle is white. No maybe no problem seeing the instruments in low light, daytime conditions?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this pic. Now I am so confused. We had bordeaux red instruments as well to match the bordeaux/black interior, but the render software shows the needle as red and since some had said that in certain daylight conditions, they could not see the tach. So we are switching our order to white dials to ensure they can be seen in all light conditions (we are going to be driving our GTS in manual 100% of the time, so seeing the tach clearly at all times is pretty important). But now I see the GTS pic above and the needle is white. No maybe no problem seeing the instruments in low light, daytime conditions?????
No problems at all in any light! I mostly drive in S or S+ mode in manual as well.

I really like the look of the red w/ the white needle. I've never seen w/ the red needle so I can't help you on the comparison.

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
@mariocart, did your GTS come with only RPM in red……or did you change the dial to red
Thx

2016 MT

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
Nice!
Your Chrono would look awesome with a matching red face change and black cap.

2016 MT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts