Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we put our brains together and figure out how to make the empty buttons on the center console look better? Maybe some interior colored vinyl wrap?

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
8,932 Posts
Buy more options. I think there is a thread where we figured out what you had to buy the fill out the buttons. If you are short, then go retrofit some stuff. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sport chrono....lowest cost button...roughly $1100 installed according to my dealer.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy more options. I think there is a thread where we figured out what you had to buy the fill out the buttons. If you are short, then go retrofit some stuff. :)

Haha im gonna have to look that thread up. I was wondering about that the other day.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You can order the 'replacement buttons' of stuff you don't actually have & install them. Of course they won't work, but at least it will look better & make it look like they do! lol

>:D

Reactions: thelaw_thechef

·
Registered
413 Posts
Does anyone know if you order all the button options if they even take up all the slots? Anyone ever list out all those options?

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's pretty weird to design in slots that could never be filled.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Poor man's version to fill a slot.

Attachments

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
413 Posts
Anyone know if you install sport chrono aftermarket if the dealer puts the button in the same location as the factory does? Under the sport button.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Anyone notice in the image upthread (https://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/2013/11/20/macan-08-copyright-porsche-downloaded-from-stuttcars_com.jpg) that the Auto start-stop button doesn't have chrome trim below it like normal? I assume this is because that pic is from a pre-production car.

Also with the one free slot in that pic, the only other button that I could find on other P cars that would be relevant (obviously the electric rear spoiler or sunblind is out!) was for hybrid cars. Assuming a hybrid Macan does come out in the future, it's likely it will need a button such as this:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I wonder what features I don't have in my Macan that would fill those gaps in the center console with added buttons.

On the driver's side: Sport, PASM, AS (low level) and PSM. Thus, I have 2 empty slots: 1 for Sport Plus but no clue on the other 1

On the passenger side: Off Road, Auto Start/Stop. Thus, I have 4 empty slots: 1 for LKA, 1 for PSE but no clue on the other 2

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
I wonder what features I don't have in my Macan that would fill those gaps in the center console with added buttons.

On the driver's side: Sport, PASM, AS (low level) and PSM. Thus, I have 2 empty slots: 1 for Sport Plus but no clue on the other 1

On the passenger side: Off Road, Auto Start/Stop. Thus, I have 4 empty slots: 1 for LKA, 1 for PSE but no clue on the other 2

Porsche may have left the console prepped for future models . In the meantime ;I added an eject button as well as a passenger muffle one and working on adding a coffee maker with yet another button ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
I dont think all the button blanks are meant to be filled at this time. The designers probably designed the interior for extensibility in mind for future features.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm never ceased to be amazed at the stuff some folks obsess over ;)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts