Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
I’m settled on those 21” Spyder, but let me tell you, the decision on 14-way vs 18-way is giving me grey hair.
If you’re taking suggestions, go sit in both, if you can, and then decide. I admit, I did not. I ordered the 18-way without much thought I knew they wouldn’t be uncomfortable since I’m slim and I wanted a more sporty/bolstered seat. The seats are very comfortable and I dig the way they look as well. Unlike other P sport seats in other models, these have a lot of soft cushion/foam. My wife with her bad back would complain that my previous P car and GTI seat cushions were too hard. In the Mac, no complaints at all and she states the seats are very comfortable and supportive.

My only gripe about the seats, the memory function doesn’t change the settings of the bolster.

Suggestions from the poetic Porsche owner.:p

· Registered
62 Posts
I actually had to buy the paintable side blades and glad I did. The plastic side blades were fading from the sun here in Las Vegas and no matter what I did to make them look good they still looked cheap in my opinion. I am happy I got the painted side blades for my car.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
210 Posts
I preferred gloss black (as I wanted consistency on all the black trim) - just needs some extra care to keep the swirls off. I use a white feather duster to remove anything loose before a wash. Neighbours must think im nuts 🤣

More on mine here ...

Reactions: Meg and TJMacan

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
210 Posts

· Registered
1,234 Posts
Here's what Porsche said about the side blades in a marketing piece introducing the Macan.

"A visual highlight is the side blades. With these, the new Macan design pays homage to the Porsche 918 Spyder. The blades make the proportions of the doors appear narrower and the flanks sleeker and sportier."

untitledwww.auto-brochures.com

Personally, I prefer to pay homage with a contrasting color.

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
210 Posts
Here's what Porsche said about the side blades in a marketing piece introducing the Macan.

"A visual highlight is the side blades. With these, the new Macan design pays homage to the Porsche 918 Spyder. The blades make the proportions of the doors appear narrower and the flanks sleeker and sportier."

untitledwww.auto-brochures.com

Personally, I prefer to pay homage with a contrasting color.
That’s interesting as I was looking again at painted and contrasting on lighter colours … painted does make the vehicle appear ‘fatter’. Nice design cue from Porsche 👍🏼

Reactions: TJMacan

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Haha yep! I went with a CWM GTS with the GTS sports package and carmine interior. It came down to one seemingly very important combination. I was set on the red calipers, I just want them. They don’t work on all the body colors and I’m actually not a fan of the silvers and blues. I also didn’t want to pay for a special color. So white worked best. Then I really wanted the GT wheels they just look so open and great on the GTS. Then the last decision came, I just had to have them in satin black on the white car. The contrast is great to my eyes. I could almost do the satin platinum, but definitely not shiny black! So I had to get the GTS package!!

I didn’t spend long on the 14 way vs 18 for myself. I’m 6’2 (relevant to mention I’m also fairly slim) and was able to sit in the 18 way at the dealer. Once I went through all the adjustments they were just so flexible and so comfy for me. It was honestly a no brainer decision. They are well liked on here and commonly recommended. I’m super excited for them.

Tony your build is gorgeous! I can't wait to see photos of it when it delivers. Something about the white/black/red is so classy. I'm with you on the 18-way. I'm small... 5'5" and 120lbs so I wasn't sure how I would feel about getting in and out with them, bur I took that chance that I will like them and added them to my build also.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts