Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

· Registered
2023 Macan T
87 Posts
The designer put it in to break up the monolithic look.
I like it.
Painting it works really well on the above silver example as the shadow it casts serves the same purpose of extending the horizontal line.

Nothing i have said matters. Pick what you are willing to live with.

· Registered
91 Posts
The end result is really about your style and taste. The style as a whole is dependent on the combination of the choice of blade along with the entire car and color. From the configurator, does the vehicle look tacky to you, organically fluid perhaps, or would you prefer an eye popping look with your name written all over it? The choice is yours and the final build represents your style and personality. There’s no right or wrong but a matter of preference to each of their own.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Wow 61 posts on side blade color! And she’s probably still undecided.
lol you’re not entirely wrong! I have decided, but it’s not what I would have expected when I first asked the question…

I have decided to go with a whole different look altogether; Night Blue Metallic (whoever posted that NBM photo sold me), with the “natural blades”. Not being able to decide on the white builds made me realize I was deciding between the wrong things. I listened to all the opinions, and advice, and eventually concluded that I really like painted blades on light colours and non-painted on dark colours. I like the “design language” (as one poetic person commented) of the blades on the Macan.

What I learned most from all this is how personal a build is, how passionate Macan owners are about their Porsche, and how helpful this community is. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I enjoyed reading all of it! And thanks for helping me reach a decision 😊

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
On the contrary to whoever said that, please ask away! I need something to do to help me through the agonising wait for my car. I look forward to discussing GT wheels in platinum and GTS Interior in carmine with race Tex… 😛
LMAO 😂
I’m curious, what did you order?

I’m settled on those 21” Spyder, but let me tell you, the decision on 14-way vs 18-way is giving me grey hair.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
The designer put it in to break up the monolithic look.
I like it.
Painting it works really well on the above silver example as the shadow it casts serves the same purpose of extending the horizontal line.

Nothing i have said matters. Pick what you are willing to live with.
I actually loved your comment. I didn’t know that was the origin of the blades. Thanks for teaching me :)

· Registered
67 Posts
LMAO 😂
I’m curious, what did you order?

I’m settled on those 21” Spyder, but let me tell you, the decision on 14-way vs 18-way is giving me grey hair.
Haha yep! I went with a CWM GTS with the GTS sports package and carmine interior. It came down to one seemingly very important combination. I was set on the red calipers, I just want them. They don’t work on all the body colors and I’m actually not a fan of the silvers and blues. I also didn’t want to pay for a special color. So white worked best. Then I really wanted the GT wheels they just look so open and great on the GTS. Then the last decision came, I just had to have them in satin black on the white car. The contrast is great to my eyes. I could almost do the satin platinum, but definitely not shiny black! So I had to get the GTS package!!

I didn’t spend long on the 14 way vs 18 for myself. I’m 6’2 (relevant to mention I’m also fairly slim) and was able to sit in the 18 way at the dealer. Once I went through all the adjustments they were just so flexible and so comfy for me. It was honestly a no brainer decision. They are well liked on here and commonly recommended. I’m super excited for them.

· Registered
215 Posts
lol you’re not entirely wrong! I have decided, but it’s not what I would have expected when I first asked the question…

I have decided to go with a whole different look altogether; Night Blue Metallic (whoever posted that NBM photo sold me), with the “natural blades”. Not being able to decide on the white builds made me realize I was deciding between the wrong things. I listened to all the opinions, and advice, and eventually concluded that I really like painted blades on light colours and non-painted on dark colours. I like the “design language” (as one poetic person commented) of the blades on the Macan.

What I learned most from all this is how personal a build is, how passionate Macan owners are about their Porsche, and how helpful this community is. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I enjoyed reading all of it! And thanks for helping me reach a decision 😊
We will be Candian Twins!! Night Blue with std Blades..but honestly the std wheels on the Macan S are real nice...BUT with Black Window trim and Black Calipers...

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,251 Posts

I love NBM but with painted blades too . I have had 3 JBM cars and all three had the painted blades (standard on Turbo ) . I have seen both JBM and NBM with the blades and even though it doesn't stick out it is still. visibly different . It's there although much more discreet on a dark color .

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I love NBM but with painted blades too . I have had 3 JBM cars and all three had the painted blades (standard on Turbo ) . I have seen both JBM and NBM with the blades and even though it doesn't stick out it is still. visibly different . It's there although much more discreet on a dark color .
Larry, I might be remembering incorrectly, but I thought you were usually a bigger fan of non-metallic black?

And I hear you on the blades. I think both look great on NBM.

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,251 Posts
Larry, I might be remembering incorrectly, but I thought you were usually a bigger fan of non-metallic black?

And I hear you on the blades. I think both look great on NBM.
I love both but on an SUV jet black metallic. It’s much easier to care for than regular black. A regular black car will swirl even if you breathe on it. It’s beautiful on a garage queen car. It is rarely driven and can go out looking pristine. Porsche did a great job with the jet black metallic. If I had to pick my favorite color from the entire list, it would be jet black metallic for the Macan. Night blue would’ve been in that lineup as well but it’s so dark that I would be pulled into jet black. When the jet black metallic car is ceramic coated it looks like a piece of shiny rock candy. Right behind it would have been white. Your choices are the top choices of mine for the Macan

· Vendor
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
686 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I can't decide if I should get painted blades or not. See photos below.
Would love everyone's opinion!
Closing my build in a couple days.

View attachment 265679 View attachment 265680
Congratulations @Meg on your incoming Macan! I have ordered the black blades on both of my Macans, But the colored blades do look nice on white. If you do go black, I highly recommend getting the black door handles.

Also, the blades are available aftermarket, so if you order painted and change your mind, it is an easy fix.

Good luck!
Courtney

61 - 80 of 123 Posts