Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 123 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
On my 4 Macan's I've always had body colored blades; couldn't stand the look of the flat (2 dimensional) black blade. The new 3D blades are definitely better, but still no for me. There are enough horizontal lines/creases to break up the height without a contrasting blade, IMO.
Now here's a thought - go with the body colored blades but add black roof rails. They further frame the white side, and, with the black under-door trim, serve to 'slim' the white side a bit. Another controversy started!
Agree with you on the black roof rails 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Meg, what happened to your blue macan?
You have a great memory! They have not been able to diagnose the problem. Without getting into too many details, suffice it to say the dealer and Porsche Canada are making the situation right, which has given me total confidence in being a Porsche customer for life. I decided to order new as they have a build slot open for mid-April delivery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My vote is for not painting in on body color.
Btw, what are you getting?
I had originally been planning on ordering Gentian Blue and the 20" wheels, but then I saw this car pull up in Phoenix a couple days ago and I was in love with the look of the white with the 21" Spyder. It's not a wheel that you see very often where I live in Canada. I'm ordering a '23 Macan (base).

As much as I loved the look of the car below, the black handles are not for me.

Thanks, everyone, for the opinions! I'm still on the fence but I'll let you know what I decide in the end 馃槃

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2023 Macan GTS
Thanks Larry, this was super helpful to see the loaner!
Although, you did kind of make me want Chalk 馃槈
The loaner was the first Carrera white metallic car that I ever saw. All of my white cars were flat white. I personally like the flat white more even though most people option the SUV with the metallic. They choose the flat color on the sports car, which I also prefer. I had to look at the window sticker to learn. It was metallic. It鈥檚 that hard to tell, but there is a slight tinge to it. It pops in the direct sunlight, though. I had become fond of the darker colors. It took a lot to pry me away off jet black metallic.

I went back-and-forth with chalk. Part of me thinks it looks like grandma鈥檚 old refrigerator. On the other hand it has a modern shade to it. It looks almost like mocha. It became a tug of war, because there were no other colors outside of paint to sample that I liked. Another white car or a black car would鈥檝e felt like the former cars. The silver was not the same as the GT silver that I have on my 911 and I could not justify $11,000 for paint.

There are two things that lead me to choose chalk. The first was that I realized it every time I hated it I was looking at it with a red light bar. I dislike the bright red on chalk, even though it matches . The clear light bar makes a huge difference. The same I chose with the caliper of the brake the GTS has a red caliper and I chose the gloss black caliper. The only time I have ever seen chalk with read that I was able to somewhat digest was a 911 cab with the bordeaux red convertible top. It wasn鈥檛 great but it was more digestible than the brighter red light bar. I hope this helps.

Registered
I'm not a fan of the black side blades with a few exceptions. I went with black for my 2020 Macan in part becasue it hid the side blades. One negative I found with the black plastic sideblades is when you put Armor All on the tires it can splatter on the side blades and it looks terrible.

That said, on some cars, the cotrast actually looks good - particularly the white. That said for my Gentian Blue '23 S, I ordered the painted side blades.

Reactions: Meg

Registered
Waiting for Mac T
I'm not a fan of the black side blades with a few exceptions. I went with black for my 2020 Macan in part becasue it hid the side blades. One negative I found with the black plastic sideblades is when you put Armor All on the tires it can splatter on the side blades and it looks terrible.

That said, on some cars, the cotrast actually looks good - particularly the white. That said for my Gentian Blue '23 S, I ordered the painted side blades.
...Good point with unpainted black plastic parts (on any car). I made the experience that chosing an extra high gloss and so-called protectice wax in a car wash causes white stains in that unprotected plastic material itself over time. This is not reversible, but only temporarily coverable with lots of Armor All.
In addition, in winter, this wax reacts with salt residue, e.g. from the side mirrors' housings, leaving well attached water drop traces on the paint...That麓s why I am chosing only the regular wash and simple wax...or none for the convertible...probably true for parts of the Macan麓s front grille, sideblades and rear diffusor as well...

Registered
Just another opinion, your eye may differ.
On light colored cars - Paint to match body color UNLESS you have painted bottom skirts. IMO, black blades nicely break up a top to bottom painted body which does look 鈥渇at鈥. Perhaps it鈥檚 the way the bottom trim wraps around the bottom edge.
On dark colors - it doesn鈥檛 matter as much, but I still don鈥檛 like the flat black unpainted plastic anywhere other than the bottom trim.

Registered
Even on a dark Macan, I still prefer the standard painted matt black side blades on the GTS distinctive to the Macan (goes great with matt black wheels). The side blades gives the Macan a slimming & more "sporty" look, and helps distinguishes itself from the Cayenne.

Attachments

Registered
I had originally been planning on ordering Gentian Blue and the 20" wheels, but then I saw this car pull up in Phoenix a couple days ago and I was in love with the look of the white with the 21" Spyder. It's not a wheel that you see very often where I live in Canada. I'm ordering a '23 Macan (base).
Originally I was going to order with Spyder wheels (Wife wanted me to get the Sports Classic) and then when I saw the GT design I changed my mind and went with that.
One thing to consider is the break dust on the Spyder wheels. It may be a pain to clean if you are going with Standard brakes.
GB with Blacked out wheels will be an awesome combo IMO

Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
I think the only one who will notice and care is you. I've never seen a macan and said to myself....oh, that's an ugly car...the owner should have ordered it with xxxx...the owner has no taste. Trust me...no one is going to think more or less of you if you pick one over the other, in fact no one else will actually notice.. Take your best shot...and you will have a beautiful Macan. If you decide to go with the black, you'll have both a beautiful Macan and some $'s in your pocket to celebrate having purchased this wonderful car :) (Note: I've had 2 white and 2 silver Macan's, all with black sideblades and no one has ever commented on them).

Registered
If you do black blade on one side and painted to match on the other, It's perfect!! 馃槃 I like them both personally but both Macans I have had Std...Cannot justify the cost for this.
It used to be a no cost option for the GTS. I haven't kept track whether it still is or not.

Reactions: Meg
41 - 60 of 123 Posts