Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a Macan S with Black/Pebble Grey interior. I've spec'd the brushed aluminum trim but I'm worried it maybe too light with the interior? My SA told me the brushed aluminum on the S is actually darker than it looks compared to the online images - I haven't seen it in person.
I'm already over budget for the build so my other option would be the gloss back trim? Thoughts?
My build locks Friday.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I assume your SA is referring to the Porsche online configurator, as I certainly wouldn't trust the images there. But if you Google and look at dealer pictures, I find they tend to be more realistic. Here's an example I found for you with the brushed aluminum trim:
Used-2016-Porsche-Macan-S.jpg

Personally if it were me, I'd probably go with the standard gloss black.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've ordered a Macan S with Black/Pebble Grey interior. I've spec'd the brushed aluminum trim but I'm worried it maybe too light with the interior? My SA told me the brushed aluminum on the S is actually darker than it looks compared to the online images - I haven't seen it in person.
I'm already over budget for the build so my other option would be the gloss back trim? Thoughts?
My build locks Friday.
I think the high gloss black would look better. Here is a picture of one with the high Gloss Black. I ordered CF for my 23 S coming in October
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Mirror
Car Vehicle Gear shift Window Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I went with Carbon Fiber on my '22 GTS which looks great. Downside: It's expensive. On my '17 GTS w/ Agate/Pebble, I went with Dark Walnut, which really showed great with the brownish hues of the Agate. If you consider wood though, be prepared for the onslaught from this forum. :eek:
Read the recent thread 'Wood trim vs Carbon Fiber' for the full range of opinions.

Reactions: Finn

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Looks like all is giving thumbs down to the brushed aluminum.
I like the brushed aluminum. Just not with Pebble because it's pretty much the same color tone. The light brushed aluminum is pretty much the same color as the little strips of bright plastic that run above it so two different textures aside each other but same color is a bit meh to me. The piano black looks good but they are fingerprint magnets. Being that its a S, it can pull off wood but I only think the anthracite wood would look good which is $1260. Personally, I would just leave it with the piano black and spend money elsewhere.

Reactions: Finn and Softsand

·
Registered
25 Posts
My build locks Friday.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
I like the carbon fiber the best, but it's not in the budget for this build. Small world, I lived close to the Chicago Motor cars in Glen Ellyn, prior to moving to UK.
I’m quite far away but look for a really good picture of what I wanted to say was the best. When I saw their photo layout I thought that one shot really shows it quite nicely. The cheapest would be the black piano and it does match. It doesn’t get much love on the forum but I didn’t have any problem with it. I had it on one of my cars. It wasn’t my favorite but it was convenient and it goes with pretty much everything. The car was a lot car.

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
434 Posts
Ive got the piano black and pebble gray. It works really well as the pictures posted on here shows. Carbon fibre also goes well, but not sure if its worth the extra $$$. If you’re really want to spend the $ ‘s consider the Antrachite Chestnut. Beauiful wood finish without looking like you missed placed the loafers and pipe- and forgot where you put the Bentley’s keys.

·
Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
195 Posts
Ive got the piano black and pebble gray. It works really well as the pictures posted on here shows. Carbon fibre also goes well, but not sure if its worth the extra $$$. If you’re really want to spend the $ ‘s consider the Antrachite Chestnut. Beauiful wood finish without looking like you missed placed the loafers and pipe- and forgot where you put the Bentley’s keys.
That Anthracite Chestnut (NA on a T for some reason) is lovely but $2590 😬 although it does make Carbon look cheap at $1600 I guess ! I do have open pore Anthracite on my current Mercedes. Looks far better than all the other alternatives they offered.

Funny thing is you get used to these option prices. I’m probably lucky my order locked when it did because I think I’m getting more blasé about potentially spending more as I read the forum. What’s a extra $2k for the nicer 21” wheels, etc. 😂

·
Registered
49 Posts
Doesn't your dealer have an example of brushed aluminum? Hard to believe there isn't t least a material sample where the dealer displays paint samples, leather samples, trim samples, etc. They don't have a car there with brushed aluminum you can look at? Even if it a car in for service

Your dealer/SA does not sound very helpful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doesn't your dealer have an example of brushed aluminum? Hard to believe there isn't t least a material sample where the dealer displays paint samples, leather samples, trim samples, etc. They don't have a car there with brushed aluminum you can look at? Even if it a car in for service

Your dealer/SA does not sound very helpful.
Agreed hard to believe there was not a sample?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with Carbon Fiber on my '22 GTS which looks great. Downside: It's expensive. On my '17 GTS w/ Agate/Pebble, I went with Dark Walnut, which really showed great with the brownish hues of the Agate. If you consider wood though, be prepared for the onslaught from this forum. :eek:
Read the recent thread 'Wood trim vs Carbon Fiber' for the full range of opinions.
Do u have some impressions of your spec? Ordered also a GTS with pebble grey int! Dark alu brushed vs Carbon?! 🤯🤯

1 - 17 of 17 Posts