Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a long-distance trip and would like to get a removable hood bra that I can remove when I drive in the city back home. Not interesting in PPF (white car). Does anyone know if this is made? I've Googled the usual manufacturers and came up empty.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm making a long-distance trip and would like to get a removable hood bra that I can remove when I drive in the city back home. Not interesting in PPF (white car). Does anyone know if this is made? I've Googled the usual manufacturers and came up empty.
I see four/five of these cars every day and have never spotted a black bra.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I'm making a long-distance trip and would like to get a removable hood bra that I can remove when I drive in the city back home. Not interesting in PPF (white car). Does anyone know if this is made? I've Googled the usual manufacturers and came up empty.[/QUOTThis

This is a bad idea. Heat build up between the bra and hood. Debris can be trapped between the bra and car in any case this will mare the paint. I had to get a Nissan Maxima hood repainted due to a bra. If you want to protect on a temporary bases I’ve seen painters tape used on some top end cars for transportation. You might also look to see if somebody has used clear packing tape on theirs. Try you tube.

I know the painters tape won’t look nice but it will protect.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think you'll find one because the Macan was introduced in 2014 -- 25 years after car bras went out of fashion!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried searching “temporary car bra” and found some products. Tks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tried searching “temporary car bra” and found some products. Tks.
Try Track Armour. A bit pricey compared to painters tape but looks cleaner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just back from auto parts store and there was a can of “ temporary spray on car bra” might be worth a look. Washes off with soap and water.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just back from auto parts store and there was a can of “ temporary spray on car bra” might be worth a look. Washes off with soap and water.
I found that Armor All makes one in black, clear, and white.

·
Registered
7 Posts

This really makes sense as far as bugs go, but won't help much against rocks and stones. I live in FLA and we have an invasion of Love Bugs twice a year, which smash onto the car and are caustic if not immediately removed with baking soda or Mylanta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts