Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks ago, I placed an order with PCO for a 2019 Macan S with an expected July delivery. A few days later I read on-line that the 2019’s were being delayed until Nov/Dec due to EPA certification problems. I immediately emailed my sales rep, Nik Djordjevic, and asked if this was true. It was Sunday and he responded immediately and said that he would check on Monday and let me know. Sure enough, the delay rumours were real, but I couldn’t wait until November as I had a lease that was ending. Nik understood and refunded my deposit without delay.

I spent the next two weeks looking at alternate vehicles and at lease busters trying to find something that interested me. I kept coming back to the Macan, so I enquired about the remaining 2018’s and settled on a low option base Macan that Nik had on the lot. I figured that I could drive it for a year until the 2019’s were in and then give it to my wife to use for the remaining 2 years of the lease. It was ready to be picked up yesterday and Nik, Patricia and Matthew handled the delivery perfectly. The truck was spotless and the base motor really is pretty peppy for a DD. I drove it 11 kms home and parked it in the garage as I had planned to drive our old MDX until the weather was better.

Later that night, I was on Rennlist and the Macan Forum and guys started posting that they had heard that Porsche had revised the 2019 Macan delivery schedule back to the original May timeframe. I couldn’t believe it! The next morning, I checked into the forums and a few more people had made similar posts...it appeared to be true. I’ll admit that I was very disappointed, but PCO wasn’t at fault, so I decided to just suck it up and keep to the original plan. Just after lunch my cell rang and it was Nik. He said that he had some news and I responded that I already knew. I told him that I was disappointed, but knew that it wasn’t their fault. He then said, ‘how would you feel if we undid the deal?”. I honestly couldn’t believe that they would consider that. I ended up taking the base Macan back last night and got a full refund that I put towards the S that I originally wanted! Many sincere thanks to Nik and the management at PCO. THAT is how you take care of customers. I am a difficult guy to please with extremely high expectations with respect to customer service and they nailed it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Complaints and concerns about SAs (and dealers in general) are valuable to forum members, but it's just as enlightening to hear of success stories. To quote a Seinfeld, "You're all winners!"

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats! That really is awesome.

Quick add to your “good service” story... we recently just bought my wife a LR Discovery after months and months of shopping. I did NOT end up buying from a dealer I was talking to down in Houston... but the guy I was dealing with was SO responsive and helpful (a few times even after hours when I didn’t have time to respond during work), that I called the GM to tell him how good of a sales rep his guy was... I explained I was in sales myself, and service that good is extremely rare these days.

So nice to see another example out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Wow, it is very rare in this day and age for something like this to happen.

I’m so excited that everything is working out for you and you are getting the car you wanted!

Can’t wait to see pictures when you are finally able to pick it up in a few months.

·
Registered
917 Posts
hahaha

smaller community....more aware of their reputation...higher visibility in a smaller market

Fewer places to hide..... IMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts