Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's time for a different car . You have had a lot of problems with this one and not all Macans are like this . I realize service let you down but right now they are all overwhelmed . The car shortage has left them fending off more cars than they can imagine or deal with . Its like this everywhere . I walk into my service drive and cars are lined up out the back door, the service writer has stacks of papers , no loaners and his phone is ringing non stop . They are blown away by the car shortage . Sometimes they cant even get parts . People are holding their cars longer and when they break its more work . Plus staff sometimes quit or even gets ill .

This should stabilize eventually but your car or its problems wont Time to dump it !!!
Domt fight with them. You need them.
Hang in there . These are tense times for everyone.
I wonder. Champion took two entire days to do 1 year service….little more than an oil change. I accept that they may be short handed ( although one would think working at “ THE World’s Largerst Porsche Dealer “ ( it says so on their background blabber while on hold…) would be a desirable job.). Are there really that many guys holding onto Porsches that need service?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's tough everywhere . . . buying an automobile or having one serviced is a crap shoot at this time. . . .give it a year. I've got a real "buy a new car" use going and am fending it off. . . I know better than to risk getting my sleeve caught in the machinery.

I've been into Jack Daniels a couple time . . . casual looking 5 or 6 years ago . . . I'm not farmer . . but, I can smell BS a mile away and have never been back. That, unfortunately is true of a number of dealers in the Metro NYC area.

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
I wonder. Champion took two entire days to do 1 year service….little more than an oil change. I accept that they may be short handed ( although one would think working at “ THE World’s Largerst Porsche Dealer “ ( it says so on their background blabber while on hold…) would be a desirable job.). Are there really that many guys holding onto Porsches that need service?
Yes . I don't even pressure my dealership as I see how swamped they are and have 3 cars . I just take one of other cars . I do feel that for the sole car driver times have surely changed though .

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I know I tend to veer from topic, but hearing that it takes more than a day to do an oil change brings back bad memories of my multi-dealer experiences when I owned my VW Touareg back in 2005. I loved that vehicle in spite of the teething issues it had seemingly every month.

What I didn't love, and although don't hold grudges still hold against them, is the incredibly poor service. VW dealer service was the worst ever. They couldn't complete a service in one day if they had more than one thing to do. Oil change, and god forbid you asked them to do something else. It is the sole reason I've never bought another VW, and I've always loved the GTI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of you may recognize my username...from when Paul Miller Porsche failed to address my low engine oil pressure and my engine grenaded itself.

After that incident I took my warranty work business elsewhere and started using Jack Daniels Porsche in Upper Saddle River, NJ (both about equidistant from my house). But it seems like they're just as (if not more) incompetent than the former..so here's another chapter in the saga of possibly the worst car ownership experience I've had to date.

October 9 I had my car towed to Jack Daniels when it failed to start, no big deal I figured they'd order a new starter, swap it, and should be good to be picked up within a about a week. I did not request a loaner as the wait times were 3+ weeks out. One week goes by...still no part. I try reaching out to my SA, no call or text back. Finally get a text back saying parts are back ordered and new ETA for part arrival is November 9, oof 30 days after I dropped my car off.

November 9 rolls around...no update. Try reaching out to my SA through text as I cannot call during work, no text back.

November 11 I receive a text saying he will call me tomorrow with an update. Tomorrow rolls around and no update.. no call or text back when I try reaching out.

November 19, after another 10+ days of silence I receive a text saying car should be completed today, and he will reach out later in the afternoon with an update. Afternoon rolls around and no update. I call this morning (Nov 20), to ask about my car, receptionist says car is done.

Great, finally after 42 days in the shop my car is finally repaired. I go to pick up the car, sign some paperwork, open the trunk to put my bags in and this is what I find. My SA who I spoke to today (a different one, who wasn't the one I had to deal with throughout this ordeal, who is great honestly) happened to be walking by and I call him over, he profusely apologizes and says he will have to talk to the tech who repaired my car. No big deal, **** happens.

View attachment 248161

View attachment 248167
I drive home with the intent to swap my summer tires to my winter tires, that's when I notice my wheel lock key is missing, as is my trunk cover, and the worst discovery, my front and rear driver's side footwells are completely SOAKED in water, and definitely not the condition I brought my car in.

View attachment 248165
View attachment 248164
View attachment 248163

I drive back, let the SA know what's going on...He brings the car to the shop and they tell me the rocker panel drains are filled with water and that since the shop closes at 4 (it was around 2 PM at the time), they were only able to clear some of the drains out and I'd have to bring my car back, AGAIN, to have them completely drain the water since the air suspension pump needs to be removed, etc etc...

So now after 6 weeks in the shop with no loaner, they're requesting I take my car BACK, so they can fix what they caused when they disassembled my car to repair the faulty starter...frustrating is putting it lightly.

On an unrelated note, the $54k offer I received from a wholesaler is looking awfully tempting right now...
I would write a letter to the owner of the dealership, Service Manager, and Porsche North America demanding an explanation and full resolution of every issue you’ve described. I would actually demand they buy the car back from you so you can move forward. I would never accept that disaster back from the dealership. Cc your attorney as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
74 Posts
Call corporate and give them a crap review when you get the survey. I bought my 911 from JD but never had service done there since its too far from where I live, but my sales experience was good.

I understand the current used/ new car inventory issue, but this is no excuse for poor service. Sell the car if it's been too much trouble, the headache and aggravation isn't worth it. Life is short.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to see such a poor service. Yes, call Porsche Corporate and provide them the pictures. I bet they will compensate. My Macan turbo used to service at JD. I just don't like to see the 4-wheel alignment doesn't seem to be right after routine adjustment (annually).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts