Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Update: No matter how much vacuuming or drying I do, the water continues to seep in since a ton of water is still trapped in the drain (you can hear it slosh around when driving and braking)

Anyone have a temporary solution that will minimize damage till I can get this figured out?! Thanks!

I'd go to Home Depot and get some appropriate diameter Weed Eater line and chase the drain tubes. There are YouTube videos that are helpful as to their locations. At the bottom of the drain lines there are 'caps' that keep the water from coming in from the bottom up These may have to be trimmed with scissors to open them a little bit. The worst problems come from filling the bathtub that contains the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
I am thinking there has to be a better way to handle the battery compartment for leaking water. Why doesn't Porsche design consider they have a problem when we report the entire rear of the car turns into a hot tub when the drain lines get plugged up? I am not an engineer but would think it would be simple to drill a hole and install one of those little one way plugs that let the water out but not in.This should cure the thing from turning into a disaster, which they now have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts