Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may recognize my username...from when Paul Miller Porsche failed to address my low engine oil pressure and my engine grenaded itself.

After that incident I took my warranty work business elsewhere and started using Jack Daniels Porsche in Upper Saddle River, NJ (both about equidistant from my house). But it seems like they're just as (if not more) incompetent than the former..so here's another chapter in the saga of possibly the worst car ownership experience I've had to date.

October 9 I had my car towed to Jack Daniels when it failed to start, no big deal I figured they'd order a new starter, swap it, and should be good to be picked up within a about a week. I did not request a loaner as the wait times were 3+ weeks out. One week goes by...still no part. I try reaching out to my SA, no call or text back. Finally get a text back saying parts are back ordered and new ETA for part arrival is November 9, oof 30 days after I dropped my car off.

November 9 rolls around...no update. Try reaching out to my SA through text as I cannot call during work, no text back.

November 11 I receive a text saying he will call me tomorrow with an update. Tomorrow rolls around and no update.. no call or text back when I try reaching out.

November 19, after another 10+ days of silence I receive a text saying car should be completed today, and he will reach out later in the afternoon with an update. Afternoon rolls around and no update. I call this morning (Nov 20), to ask about my car, receptionist says car is done.

Great, finally after 42 days in the shop my car is finally repaired. I go to pick up the car, sign some paperwork, open the trunk to put my bags in and this is what I find. My SA who I spoke to today (a different one, who wasn't the one I had to deal with throughout this ordeal, who is great honestly) happened to be walking by and I call him over, he profusely apologizes and says he will have to talk to the tech who repaired my car. No big deal, **** happens.

Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood

Hood Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

I drive home with the intent to swap my summer tires to my winter tires, that's when I notice my wheel lock key is missing, as is my trunk cover, and the worst discovery, my front and rear driver's side footwells are completely SOAKED in water, and definitely not the condition I brought my car in.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

Grey Personal luxury car Material property Vehicle door Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Bumper

I drive back, let the SA know what's going on...He brings the car to the shop and they tell me the rocker panel drains are filled with water and that since the shop closes at 4 (it was around 2 PM at the time), they were only able to clear some of the drains out and I'd have to bring my car back, AGAIN, to have them completely drain the water since the air suspension pump needs to be removed, etc etc...

So now after 6 weeks in the shop with no loaner, they're requesting I take my car BACK, so they can fix what they caused when they disassembled my car to repair the faulty starter...frustrating is putting it lightly.

On an unrelated note, the $54k offer I received from a wholesaler is looking awfully tempting right now...

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
That’s some crazy shiiit! The Porsche dealers in the SF bay area are great. I wonder why there’s such a big difference.

• Sad
Reactions: lefizzet

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: No matter how much vacuuming or drying I do, the water continues to seep in since a ton of water is still trapped in the drain (you can hear it slosh around when driving and braking)

Anyone have a temporary solution that will minimize damage till I can get this figured out?! Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS
7 Posts
Are they compensating you for this?

Making me worried about my car, taking it to service for ignition cylinder replacement on Long Island. Service said I wont be able to pick it up until next Tuesday (suppose to be Today, delayed for almost a week)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are they compensating you for this?

Making me worried about my car, taking it to service for ignition cylinder replacement on Long Island. Service said I wont be able to pick it up until next Tuesday (suppose to be Today, delayed for almost a week)
They gave me $235 off my $1100 PDK service bill :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
It's time for a different car . You have had a lot of problems with this one and not all Macans are like this . I realize service let you down but right now they are all overwhelmed . The car shortage has left them fending off more cars than they can imagine or deal with . Its like this everywhere . I walk into my service drive and cars are lined up out the back door, the service writer has stacks of papers , no loaners and his phone is ringing non stop . They are blown away by the car shortage . Sometimes they cant even get parts . People are holding their cars longer and when they break its more work . Plus staff sometimes quit or even gets ill .

This should stabilize eventually but your car or its problems wont Time to dump it !!!
Domt fight with them. You need them.
Hang in there . These are tense times for everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I didn’t see your post count, I’d say this story is BS. I can’t believe you received that kind of customer service from a luxury car dealer. I would contact corporate daily until this is resolved. I’m sorry this happened to you.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Update: No matter how much vacuuming or drying I do, the water continues to seep in since a ton of water is still trapped in the drain (you can hear it slosh around when driving and braking)

Anyone have a temporary solution that will minimize damage till I can get this figured out?! Thanks!

I'd go to Home Depot and get some appropriate diameter Weed Eater line and chase the drain tubes. There are YouTube videos that are helpful as to their locations. At the bottom of the drain lines there are 'caps' that keep the water from coming in from the bottom up These may have to be trimmed with scissors to open them a little bit. The worst problems come from filling the bathtub that contains the battery.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I might bite my tongue one day but the Porsche dealer I use has been nothing short of fantastic. It is all about the people. Same SA treats me like a king for over 6 years. And I am a small fish, only have a Macan. But hey, that is how they will get my business for the next Porsche. I would reach out to Porsche North America and get them involved.

Reactions: lefizzet

·
Registered
82 Posts

Suggest to hang a bunch of "Damp Rid" bags to hasten drying and prevent unwanted odour.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the input! Unfortunately I work Sunday-Friday and won't have time to go chasing down all these drains.

Honestly not even looking for compensation...just wish they could fix the car without adding another headache smh

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I am thinking there has to be a better way to handle the battery compartment for leaking water. Why doesn't Porsche design consider they have a problem when we report the entire rear of the car turns into a hot tub when the drain lines get plugged up? I am not an engineer but would think it would be simple to drill a hole and install one of those little one way plugs that let the water out but not in.This should cure the thing from turning into a disaster, which they now have.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW I cannot make this **** up. Final nail in the coffin, I am getting rid of this car LOL.

Car is being towed BACK because it's undriveable. Loud thumping sound coming from the front driver's side wheel, seems to be related to the brakes. Loss of brake feel and gets worse when you apply the brakes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts