Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing to 21 inch black wheels from the OEM Turbo 19inch twin spoke model wheels. I have the original Michelin tires with half life still on them.
My question is if I should sell them as set with tires or have the tires removed and sell the wheels and tires separately??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changing to 21 inch black wheels from the OEM Turbo 19inch twin spoke model wheels. I have the original Michelin tires with half life still on them.
My question is if I should sell them as set with tires or have the tires removed and sell the wheels and tires separately??
Keep the set together. Wheels with tires can generally command a higher price than wheels alone or tires alone (unless the tires are nearly brand new). No need to pay to have the tires removed, and shipping costs would likely net out to be similar in each scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Another reason to leave the tires on they will protect the rims if you have to ship them.

I believe the cheapest way to ship them is use Grey Hound bus service.

also, it’s a good time to sell as someone’s probably looking for winter wheels.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hello do you have photos and how much John 816-807-2339

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you live in snow, I would strongly suggest you keep them for a winter setup, 19 winter tires are cheaper and there are way more options - but now would be a good time to sell them for that reason. I'd sell them together - its a bit harder to get a good price for used tires. Id throw them up for sale on ebay and this forum in the FS section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just post them for sale online with the tires. If the buyer doesn't want them they can get rid of them. Doesn't cost much to remove tires, most places do it for free, if you are getting your new tires mounted anyhow. They protect the wheel during transport even if you sell locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts