Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will be picking up my Euro Macan on Wed Oct 1st. I imagine leaving the factory around 1-2PM. I mapped the direct route and it looks like it is under 3 hours. Also on the map you can see some alternate routes that take longer.

Can anyone tell me if the direct route is fastest? Will there be a lot of traffic or can I get some Autobahn speeds on that route? Perhaps the other routes are less crowded?

Any advice is appreciated, way out of my understanding which why might provide the best drive for day 1. Also, on the way back will be staying at Lake Constance so definitely will be heading back on the highlighted route. Maybe that would call for us to take one of the other routes down on day 1 to see different scenery? Or perhaps it's just all highway and doesn't matter??

·
Registered
232 Posts
Will be picking up my Euro Macan on Wed Oct 1st. I imagine leaving the factory around 1-2PM. I mapped the direct route and it looks like it is under 3 hours. Also on the map you can see some alternate routes that take longer.

Can anyone tell me if the direct route is fastest? Will there be a lot of traffic or can I get some Autobahn speeds on that route? Perhaps the other routes are less crowded?

Any advice is appreciated, way out of my understanding which why might provide the best drive for day 1. Also, on the way back will be staying at Lake Constance so definitely will be heading back on the highlighted route. Maybe that would call for us to take one of the other routes down on day 1 to see different scenery? Or perhaps it's just all highway and doesn't matter??
Your most northern route takes you through a wooded park area that is perfect for breaking in a car - put it in Sport mode and enjoy the varying turns, hills, speed limits, and a few small towns. It is a beautiful, relaxing drive, but you will not easily make Switzerland the same day. Consider stopping in or near Freiburg for the first night - it is a beautiful medieval walled city.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your most northern route takes you through a wooded park area that is perfect for breaking in a car - put it in Sport mode and enjoy the varying turns, hills, speed limits, and a few small towns. It is a beautiful, relaxing drive, but you will not easily make Switzerland the same day. Consider stopping in or near Freiburg for the first night - it is a beautiful medieval walled city.
Unfortunately our nights are all booked throughout the trip. Mixing business with pleasure so need to be in certain places at designated times. Many next trip! I think I need to stick to one of the two routes to make it it Lucerne the same say (late afternoon/early evening).

The next morning we awake to get on the road again to Verbania for a business meeting at noon, at least we have two nights there to chill before beating it to Cap d' Antibes for more business…

Smell a tax write off? lol.http://www.macanforum.com/forum/images/MacanForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts