Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a purchase for a 2019 Macan S in about a years time when they are released here in Canada and I am hoping to put my order in early spring. This would be my first Porsche and from what I have read so far I should expect to be paying full MSRP here in Ontario. I would be open to buying from any dealer in the GTA or venturing a little further to Porsche of Oakville or London and was wondering which dealer you guys recommend for any hint of a discount or at least for the best buying experience without feeling like I have been totally fleeced.

Ideally I want to upgrade to the 20'' wheel option but it doesn't sit well with me to spend almost $5k on an upgraded set of wheels when I still need to buy a second set of winter tires+wheels. Was wondering if I would be crazy trying to ask for them to throw in a winter tire package consisting of a set of winter tires and the standard 18'' wheels? Even if I could get the car delivered with winter tires on the standard 18'' wheels so that I could purchase my own aftermarket set of summer tires and wheels at a more modest price would make me feel better.

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions since I'm trying to save a few dollars on an already expensive purchase but I got a number in my head and I want to stick to it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome aboard.
If you are placing a factory order expect to pay full MSRP. If you are picking one from the lot you may be able to negotiate. From what i have seen if you get a 2% discount count yourself lucky. There is no chance dealer will throw a set of OEM winter wheels as part of the package.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't think there's such a thing as THE BEST Ontatio dealer, you will need to talk to all ON dealers and QC that are close to ON and willing to put on Ontario plates.
Montreal dealer has shown more flexibility than all Ontario dealers in the past, not sure what's their situation now, but you need to take into account expenses to drive/fly to the dealer and drive back.
Given different allocations and wait times you probably need to start talking to dealers sooner rather than later - right now they may take your order for February production and June delivery.

Expect to pay full or near full MSRP for the next couple of years for custom orders for facelifted models, if you are lucky and there's a lot car that you really like you may get additional but not a substantial discount.
The biggest discounts for custom orders were available right before the last orders went in for pre-facelifted Macans, you could get around 4% on S and GTS and more for the base models.

You can ask dealers whatever you want but given that you should expect to pay full or near full MSRP for the next little while I can't imagine why would they throw in a set of winter wheels that starts at $3500 for 18".
But you will never know if you don't ask.

if you want to get an idea for "on the road" price for a Macan in Ontario, you configure it the way you like it in the Canadian cofigurator, add CAD$ 1920 to the price and then add 13% HST.
If you want to see what different discounts look like - decrease % of the price for the car and for all options before you add delivery, PDI and all taxes.

Good luck with your Macan shopping!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the insight! Will keep this in mind as I get closer to making a decision. I noticed that on the Porsche Canada configurator the only additional charge mentioned is $1250 for freight. Seems like Porsche hasn't followed the "all-in" pricing model most dealers adopted as a result of OMVIC regulations. Perhaps since they aren't a dealership they are exempt but I imagine there will be additional dealership and PDI fees added. Would this be the additional $1920 you mention?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am planning a purchase for a 2019 Macan S in about a years time when they are released here in Canada and I am hoping to put my order in early spring. This would be my first Porsche and from what I have read so far I should expect to be paying full MSRP here in Ontario. I would be open to buying from any dealer in the GTA or venturing a little further to Porsche of Oakville or London and was wondering which dealer you guys recommend for any hint of a discount or at least for the best buying experience without feeling like I have been totally fleeced.

Ideally I want to upgrade to the 20'' wheel option but it doesn't sit well with me to spend almost $5k on an upgraded set of wheels when I still need to buy a second set of winter tires+wheels. Was wondering if I would be crazy trying to ask for them to throw in a winter tire package consisting of a set of winter tires and the standard 18'' wheels? Even if I could get the car delivered with winter tires on the standard 18'' wheels so that I could purchase my own aftermarket set of summer tires and wheels at a more modest price would make me feel better.

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions since I'm trying to save a few dollars on an already expensive purchase but I got a number in my head and I want to stick to it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Where are you located? Long term its likely your best bet to buy at the dealer closest to you so you can establish a relationship with them via your purchase... given you're not likely to get a massive discount by shopping around I'd suggest you focus on location + relationship first.

I've personally bought two cars from Pfaff even though I live 2 mins away from Downtown Porsche... I've been lucky to have a couple of great sales associates that don't BS or waste time which helps. The good news with Pfaff is they are super high volume so they get lots of allocations... not sure if it still holds since the Macan has taken off but for a while they got half the Porsche allocations in Canada for perspective.

In terms of a discount you may get something but really its not going to be enough to move the needle unless you're looking at something already in stock... the big Ontario dealers have a ton of 2018's sitting on the lot so it should be interesting to see how aggressive they get in moving them. As mentioned you won't get a set of winter tires/wheels thrown in either so toss that idea. You should feel good if they include a set of winter floor mats... :D

What I did when I started the process on my 911 was to get a sales referral and spend some time connecting with them. I have a great contact at Pfaff and another at Porsche North Toronto and could probably find one for Downtown if you're interested.

Also on the wheels you can find a nice winter setup (wheels + tires) at a reasonable price outside the dealer so don't worry about their pricing so much... I'm sure you could get a nice 18" or 19" setup for well under $2k all in so just get the wheels you want as part of the new order. No regrets that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you located? Long term its likely your best bet to buy at the dealer closest to you so you can establish a relationship with them via your purchase... given you're not likely to get a massive discount by shopping around I'd suggest you focus on location + relationship first.

I've personally bought two cars from Pfaff even though I live 2 mins away from Downtown Porsche... I've been lucky to have a couple of great sales associates that don't BS or waste time which helps. The good news with Pfaff is they are super high volume so they get lots of allocations... not sure if it still holds since the Macan has taken off but for a while they got half the Porsche allocations in Canada for perspective.

In terms of a discount you may get something but really its not going to be enough to move the needle unless you're looking at something already in stock... the big Ontario dealers have a ton of 2018's sitting on the lot so it should be interesting to see how aggressive they get in moving them. As mentioned you won't get a set of winter tires/wheels thrown in either so toss that idea. You should feel good if they include a set of winter floor mats... :D

What I did when I started the process on my 911 was to get a sales referral and spend some time connecting with them. I have a great contact at Pfaff and another at Porsche North Toronto and could probably find one for Downtown if you're interested.

Also on the wheels you can find a nice winter setup (wheels + tires) at a reasonable price outside the dealer so don't worry about their pricing so much... I'm sure you could get a nice 18" or 19" setup for well under $2k all in so just get the wheels you want as part of the new order. No regrets that way.

I appreciate the info and insight, I think Pfaff would be where I head to first. I'm going to think on it for a bit longer and might reach out when I have cash-in-hand for a sales referral but I appreciate the offer. I tend to run my vehicles into the ground so I want to be absolutely sure the Macan is for me before deciding.

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
FWIW, I had a very positive experience with Pfaff and I live in the US. Thomas Tsang was the sales
person I corresponded with and Helen Li in finance handled the paperwork. They were both personable
and professional.

I still get email from Pfaff and one of these days I'm going to attend an event they sponsor!

;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
The advise you have already received here is correct. I bought in London, since that is my closest dealer -- still 120 km away! FYI, London is tied to PFAFF, so there's likely no benefit to you in going there. If you find a good SA and good service dept, then you will be just fine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I appreciate the info and insight, I think Pfaff would be where I head to first. I'm going to think on it for a bit longer and might reach out when I have cash-in-hand for a sales referral but I appreciate the offer. I tend to run my vehicles into the ground so I want to be absolutely sure the Macan is for me before deciding.
No worries, if/when you're ready shoot me a PM and I can send you contact info. I've found it helps to have a referral in regardless of where you end up going.

·
Super Moderator
1,472 Posts
Heck - maybe the Macan I bought from Pfaff was owned by one of the posters above!

AG on AG and a bucket full of options. 13K+ miles on it when I bought it in April of 2017.

Whoever owned it took excellent care of it. The Pfaff reconditioning department did such an
excellent job of prepping the car, it appeared as new to me. Really! There wasn't a spec of
dust anywhere - it really seemed to be showroom new when it rolled out of the truck at
the end of my driveway when it was delivered!

:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I ordered a Macan at Pfaff and it arrived with the wrong options. So they ordered me a new one and they specced it wrong again. Pfaff is a high volume dealership for used cars. Poor attention to detail for new orders. I'd go with Oakville or Downtown.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'd go with Oakville or Downtown.
The folks at Oakville are great.

I used to go Downtown, but stopped when they nearly blew my 911 up after a routine service. Gave a bad rating for the Porsche survey and Porsche HQ called me, but the dealership never did.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The folks at Oakville are great.

I used to go Downtown, but stopped when they nearly blew my 911 up after a routine service. Gave a bad rating for the Porsche survey and Porsche HQ called me, but the dealership never did.
Yikes, never had a service issue with Downtown. I get all my service there since its down the road from where I live. Bought my 911 there as well. I guess it goes to show it's hit and miss. Oakville is great for sales but have never had any service done there so cannot comment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I guess it goes to show it's hit and miss.
Agreed. Personally I've had zero issues dealing with Pfaff and they've gone above + beyond for me multiple times. Downtown is convenient in terms of location for me as well but I've found they aren't exactly the friendliest group to work with... pleasant sure but feels somewhat cursory to me at least.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts