Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i see some there are some Belgians here I guess it would be interesting to have a Belgian thread to discuss local stuff like dealers, service, maintenance cost etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool! And welcome to the Forum .. Any details on your build ?
Off course. I am really looking forward to it.

P8T1 Cruise Control (standard 09/2014)
VC black interior
N0 Agate Grey
3FU Panoramic Roof System
3S5 Roof Rails in Black
7X2 ParkAssist (front and rear)
8JE Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
QJ4 Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss)
VW1 Privacy Glass
0M2 fuel tank 75L
1N3 Servotronic
G1D Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
C6X 19" Macan Design wheels
H6J All-season banden voor 19" alu velgen
P7I0 Porsche Car Connect incl. alarm Vehicle Tracking System Plus
0TD Carpets
4A3 Seat Heating (Front)
9AQ 3-Zone Climate Control
9JB Smoking Package
PE5 Power Seats (14-way) incl. Memory Package
PP8 Comfort Lighting Package
7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
9W5 Telephone Module
QR1 Compass on Dashboard

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice to see a Belgian thread.

Ordered a Macan S Diesel at Porsche Centre Antwerp a few weeks ago and expecting delivery in Feb/March 2015.

Build details: http://www.porsche-code.com/PF53X4T5

Might add Voice Control. Scheduled a demo at the dealer next week. I welcome comments on the build. Can still change the config until Nov 20th (lock-down for my config).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi @Yohan,

Cool build! Adaptive cruise, vented seats, bose .. all good decisions.

The only remark i could have is to maybe add the sportdesign mirrors?

I'm waiting for a dealer to quote the cost to have mine painted as they will come in semi-black by default.

I do not have voice control, had it on my BMW and rarely used it. The PCM is nice/fast so no remarks there. The thing is also that i like my car/nav interface in english, and i do not necessarily want to give my voice commands in english.

Try saying 'zaventem' ..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good points, @MrSam.

I didn't like the SportDesign mirrors in the 3D configurator nor on the few pics I found, but maybe they look nice IRL. Will look for them at the dealer this week. Do you happen to have a link to a video that shows them off? (A video often gives a better real life 3D impression.)

Will ask him to show me the nav with both Dutch and English settings. Did you try the Dutch interface? Is the Dutch voice as good (loud and clear) as the English one?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Expat Australian living in Belgium for the last 4 years. Took delivery of my Macan in May. Was one of the first people to take delivery in Belgium.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually like the black/white contrast of the mirrors on your white Macan. But I understand that you especially chose the white side skirts, so I would also understand that you would have your side mirrors painted white. Both of these choices look better than the Sport Design mirrors on the Macan IMHO.

If you had a sleek 911 I would absolutely go for the Sport Design mirrors. But for the bulkier Macan the Sport Designs look a bit out of proportion IMHO. At least on the 2D pics I see on my screen. Maybe they look better IRL in true 3D?

Of course it is your car and you have to be happy with it, so it shouldn't matter what I think. :)

BTW, my wife has a Merc A200 AMG with Night Package in order to get black side mirrors on a white car. Looks great... on a small car. Would look pretty dumb on a Macan. So it all depends IMHO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Yohan :

Just drove around for you with PCM in dutch setting .. this is how she sounds.

PDLS looks awesome in this video :D

I have EN version as well if someone is interested.
Thanks a lot, MrSam! The Dutch voice sound pretty good for a navi. The PDLS indeed looks awesome in the video.Very jelaous of the impressive exhaust sound your Turbo makes. :D

Oh yeah, I would love to hear the English navi!

·
Registered
23 Posts
@MrSam: Stumbled across this picture of a white Macan with Sport Design mirrors.

BTW, they did not have any Macans with SD mirrors @ Porsche Center Antwerp today, so I did not get to see them IRL yet.

Was able to try Voice Control and added it to my config. It is not perfect but good enough for what I will use it for. Also added Online Services. Not that I was impressed with the features in the AHA app, but you never know what they will add in the next few years and it doesn't cost much in Porsche terms.

Also changed the 18-way seats for 14-way's. Both my wife and me preferred the 14-ways after sitting in them for half an hour. Lock-down comming up soon, so this should be my final build. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got quotes from two companies in Belgium to have XPEL selfhealing protection film installed. (Prices include 21% VAT.)

Complete car: 1) 4430 EUR 2) 3388 EUR

Parts of the car:
1) volledige voorbumper + motorkap en spatborden volledig + spiegels + klinken: 1620 EUR
2) a) Volledige motorkap, wielkasten en Mirrors : 1402.39 b) Voorbumper kit= 350.84 a) + b) 1753.23 EUR

1) Luggage area kit: 152 EUR
2) Achterklep: 229.90 EUR

Was a bit surprised how expensive this is. Are there alternatives?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yohan,

How do you find the sound of the Diesel ?

I would also buy a Macan S Diesel, (>35k/year) I 'm looking for a soundmodule or a "vitaminekuur" to >300 HP
The price for the first module 3500€ and the 2nd 850€
Both @ Heinz Autotuning Belgium..

I had a testdrive @ Porsche Knokke and was satisfied, also the color "Agategrey" buth I don't know wich rims ..
a) RS Spyder --> coated in Black Glossy
b) Porsche Sport Classic wheel (21") --> they are heavy to drive (steerwheel) and my wife don't want these :-(

Welke hebt gij ? Tips ?

Welke opties mag ik zeker NIET vergeten te nemen ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice to discover this thread today.
Ordered my Macan S Diesel from Porsche Center Mechelen, delivery end of jan'2017.
Very happy so far from dealer service. My SA has been very helpfull with numerous testdrives and modifying my order over and over again.
Still have a long wait to go though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered the Diesel at the Porsche center Oost-Vlaanderen in Sint-Martens-Latem. I had a good service or advice and was able to drive the new petrol 2.0 L and the S Diesel.
The number of options will be reduced.
There are still doubts concerning the exterior color, Volcano or Agate gray.

They promissed delivery during december

1 - 20 of 26 Posts