Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never owned such a stinker. 1/2 throttle just to move, doesn't downshift, surges at each shift. Been a Porsche owner since 98, this stinker probably turned me off for life. My gosh, how hard is it to make a $90k decent SUV.
Frustrated with Porsche thinking this low performing turd is acceptable... and tire skip is normal in a Macan S but not in an F250... Speaking of, my F250 has better throttle response than the Macan.
Rant over.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
738 Posts
never owned such a stinker. 1/2 throttle just to move, doesn't downshift, surges at each shift. Been a Porsche owner since 98, this stinker probably turned me off for life. My gosh, how hard is it to make a $90k decent SUV.
Frustrated with Porsche thinking this low performing turd is acceptable... and tire skip is normal in a Macan S but not in an F250... Speaking of, my F250 has better throttle response than the Macan.
Rant over.
Agree on the throttle response, I felt the same prior to installing pedal commander.

Reactions: Juan Blanco

·
Registered
‘22 GTS - Jet Black Metallic - GTS Interior Black/Red
25 Posts
Rant over.
… good luck with another product - there’s probably not much empathy on this forum 😉

·
Registered
2018 Macan SE Agate Gray
167 Posts
I wonder if there is something(s) amiss. I'm new to Porsche - '18 SE but my observations:
Throttle response is immediate and linear
The gearbox does a very good job of matching a small engine to a heavy car
I never "feel" a shift - only the response as evidenced by the gear indicator

Disclaimer: I drive quickly but not "hard" - no stoplight grand prix

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Rant over.
I need clarification to reply . Without further details of the specifics the above sounds more like a purging emotions . I get it that you are upset and hoped for better its not stated clearly enough to say what is or isn't normal . For instance normal mode would require a harder right foot kick down on the pedal to move . PDK also wont shift like an automatic transmission because its not an automatic . Normal mode wont downshift so easily . On the other hand if your cars behavior is unpredictably erratic then you do have a problem . There was a member who did "dump" her car a few years ago because if that . Oddly enough in. her case she was given a loaner which showed none of her issues .

·
Registered
2021 Macan
77 Posts
OP - understand your frustration; however, to be fair, did you raise your concerns with the Dealer?

Reactions: RoggieRog

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if there is something(s) amiss. I'm new to Porsche - '18 SE but my observations:
Throttle response is immediate and linear
The gearbox does a very good job of matching a small engine to a heavy car
I never "feel" a shift - only the response as evidenced by the gear indicator

Disclaimer: I drive quickly but not "hard" - no stoplight grand prix
Rogue that is exactly what mine doesn't do.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand what you are saying, but I have a 2019 Macan S to compare it to, and this one is 1/2 throttle, about 1/2 throttle to decently go, my wife's will kick down one or two gears and go with the same throttle, mine just wallows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rant over.
I just took delivery of a ‘22 Macan S and it does not have those issues. Even though I am being gentle with the break in period, it is powerful, linear, responsive and downshifts appropriately, just like my ‘17 Macan S. I think yours needs a shop visit.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Did you purchase it new or used? How many miles when you were handed the keys? How many now? Have you made an appointment with a dealership or an independent?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts