Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Any Macan owners in the Bay Area? Post your specs here.

I am looking to get a XEPL clear bra on the car and also planning to get the lower rear bumper painted. If we have a group of us, we could potentially get a discount..

Here is my build ( will lock on March 17):
Macan S

Packages
Premium Package Plus
Exterior Color : Jet Black Metallic
Interior Color: Leather Package in Black

Exterior
Roof Rails in Aluminum Finish
Deletion of Model Designation
Side Blades in Exterior Color
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera

Performance
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

Wheels
19" Macan Design Wheels

Wheel Accessories
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

Interior
Adaptive Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Smoking Package
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
3-zone Climate Control
Steering Wheel Heating
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Comfort Lighting Package

· Registered
14 Posts
Hello there.

My build locked on March 21 for a July 4 delivery. Clearly, the fireworks will be for my car ;)

Porsche Code PFQBWSN5

I tried to maximize performance, while also going for a reasonable set of creature comforts. I didn't get the Pano, as too many people in my family are over 6 feet tall!

Exterior Color:
DarkBlue Metallic

Wheels:
20" Macan SportDesign Wheels
Summer Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels

Performance:
Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Sport Chrono Package

Packages:
Premium Package

Interior Color:
Standard Interior in Black

Interior:
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Seat Ventilation (Front)
3-zone Climate Control
Steering Wheel Heating
Comfort Lighting Package
Smoking Package
Lane Keep Assist (LKA) i.c.w. Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Fire Extinguisher

Audio and Communications:
HD Radio Receiver

Exterior:
Porsche Entry & Drive
Roof Rails in Black incl. Roof Transport System
Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)
Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball

I chose blue for the S to minimize the contrast with the black plastic bumpers and side skirts. Definitely might be interested in a group paint on those parts. We should probably see the car in person first, though!

Also, I've noticed a couple of other Bay Area folks around: kswish, 1BlueMacan, Larry Cable, AeroStormGT...

· Registered
145 Posts
Two dark blue Macans in the bay area. What are the chances? I'm waiting for a test drive before I order. I may hold out for the agate/pebble interior. Where are you planning on getting the clear bra? I'm considering it but haven't decided yet. Any one know a good detailer in the bay area? I think a ceramic protective coating could really make the metallic blue pop.

· Registered
14 Posts
Two dark blue Macans in the bay area. What are the chances? I'm waiting for a test drive before I order.
Looks like those test drives are about 3 weeks away: USA Dealer Events

I may hold out for the agate/pebble interior.
I was thinking about this, but then read about the extra care involved with the lighter interiors and the additional windshield glare from the dash. The "black" interior is really more of a charcoal grey from what I can tell - at least it was in some Cayennes I checked out.

Any one know a good detailer in the bay area? I think a ceramic protective coating could really make the metallic blue pop.
A couple of guys at work (2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 and 2011 370Z) have been using these mobile detailers on the Peninsula (based in Redwood City): Auto Detail Factory
I saw their skills firsthand on Friday. They spent 4 hours on the Z, and it just glistened when done.

Not entirely sure on the coating aspect - had to look this up! Found a couple shop suggestions on a BMW forum.

· Registered
89 Posts
I heard my name being called :)

Here is the option list of my Macan S:
White/Black
19" Turbo Wheels
Infotainment Pkg
Aluminum roof rails + cross bars
Park Assist
PASM
SC
18-way Seats

Expected delivery: end of May

Porsche made me a repeating customer for the first time in my car purchasing history. Just love everything about my 987S. Too bad I probably will let my garage queen go and welcome my new Macan as my DD and of course my weekend getaway car.

· Registered
51 Posts
Bay Area Macan S here. Pretty much same build as Aero, but not quite...black on black. And I also had a 911s before. Great minds think alike.

I was sad to see her go, but the Macan in sport mode is a nice compromise. One thing I do miss is the sound of my 911s...that Macan is so quiet! I have never put a non stock exhaust on any of my cars, but this may have to change :)

Happy driving. I'm close to Alice's, so if you're ever in the area let me know, always happy to go up 84.

· Registered
46 Posts
Hi, checking in from Bay Area.

Here's my build currently in route to Brunswick and on to San Diego, due mid Aug.

Dark Blue Metallic
Leather Package in Black
Power 14-way Seats
PASM + AS
Roof Rails in Alum
Park Assist incl Rear Camera
3-zone Climate Control
Smoking Package
Premium Package Plus
Comfort Lighting Package
19" Sport Design Wheels

· Registered
43 Posts
Here is my Build

Exterior Color:
Jet Black Metallic

Wheels:
19" Macan Design Wheels

Performance:
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

Packages:
Premium Package Plus
Infotainment Package

Interior Color:
Two Tone leather Garnet Red/Black

Interior:
Power Seats (18-way) sports adaptive with Memory Package
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Comfort Lighting Package
Smoking Package
Heated seats Front & Rear
Panoramic Roof System
PDLS
Voice Control
PCM

Audio and Communications:
Bose

Exterior:
Porsche Entry & Drive

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Marin County checking in.

Our Macan locks in just a few days and we're finalizing our order. We posted a query to the community for suggestions for a snow build in the Wheels & Suspension Forum because we ski a lot in Tahoe. If any of you do as well, we'd love your input how you've spec'd your Macan. We're still deciding if we need both AS and/or PTV+.

Funny, we would have been the fourth Dark Blue Metallic in the Bay Area, but we just changed our minds last night! It's a beautiful color and we hope to see you driving around.

· Premium Member
769 Posts
Another Dark Blue S coming to the area.

Deposit made end of November.
Arrived in San Diego on 7/17. Came in on Garnet Leader.
Now the main question is how long it takes to get to Stevens Creek.

Dark Blue S
Beige leather
Air
20" RS
18 way seats
Roof rail in alu
Front and rear skid plates
PTV
Chrono package
Infotainment package
Premium package
LCA
Adaptive Cruise control
and a few other bits'n'pieces

I think I saw the white mentioned above on San Thomas about 2 weeks ago.
So far my only sighting on the road besides a dealer car out for a test drive.

· Premium Member
769 Posts
@wndcttr One other question, when did Garnet Leader leave Emden? Mine is on Vega Leader headed to Panama as we speak onto San Diego.
Also, appreciate any info regarding any sort of a deal you were able to get from the dealer.
I did not get any special deals. Haven't tried any (yet) either.

What I have for the vessel:

San Diego 07/17
Panama 07/08
Dep Bremerhafen 06/20
Dep Antwerpen 06/17

The ETA I found online have been pretty good, but mostly I have not found anything for more that the next port.

· Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the info, pretty much in-line with my schedule. Is this your first purchase of a Porsche. What's your experience with the Macan and SA at Stevens Creek? Please post some pics upon getting your car, nicely optioned.

· Premium Member
769 Posts
Thanks for the info, pretty much in-line with my schedule. Is this your first purchase of a Porsche. What's your experience with the Macan and SA at Stevens Creek? Please post some pics upon getting your car, nicely optioned.
First actual purchase, but drove a 944 years ago for a few days.
Did not actually consider buying one until the Macan was announced. I prefer something I can take off-road, or at least down rough gravel roads. Never considered a Cayenne either. I just don't like the looks. Had the Macan rear lights been similar to the Cayenne, I would not have placed an order. Fortunately they decided to go with the new 911 styling.

I have only had a positive experience with Stevens Creek.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.