Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just got my first ever Porsche. A regular Macan with air suspension, and I'm pretty stoked as you may all imagine.

My model came with the heat and UV protected windows option already selected for me so I had no other choice. This however is still pretty see through, so I wanna bring it for a darker tint. Now our local dealer, for some reason doesn't offer tinting services (for the life of me idk why), so I'm gonna have to bring it to a tinting shop to get some ceramic tints.

Now before I drove the car out of the dealership, the salesman reminded me some tips when bringing it to tint. He told me to make sure that the car be turned on during the whole tinting process and actually on and not only in Eco mode where the engine would "sleep" while the rest of the car remain on. He told me that's what Porsche told them when he went there for orientation. So he mentioned that if the engine weren't on and the doors are left open for too long that the battery would just die and shut off? And then that battery, even if brand new would need a complete replacement?

Idk if this is luxury car stuff that I'm not aware of, but this is the first time I've heard of something like this. Most of my cars are Japanese cars and a Jeep and none of them have this "safety feature". Can someone please enlighten me on this feature?

Does this mean that when I want to clean the insides of my car that I have to have the engine on as well? (lest I want to have my battery prematurely dying on me).

If that really is the case, Seems like a pretty annoying feature, is it not?

Pls correct me if I'm wrong. What am I misunderstanding? 馃

Also, can anyone tell me any other tinting guidelines? I'll have to try to make sure the tinting shop knows what they're doing before I bring the car to them for tinting.

I'm in the Philippines, so experienced technicians for porsches might be even harder to find here.

Thanks,
Prince Uy

Registered
I don鈥檛 think you need to be concerned. I have left my car doors open for hours for cleaning and never had a problem. I think the interior lights turn off after a given time
I left the doors open off and on for a couple of days while installing my radar detector and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer that diagnosed a low battery that triggered the light. What鈥檚 interesting is that the car had charged the battery back up but the Alert stayed until the dealer cleared it.

Premium Member
Tinting doesn't take that long, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to play it safe, hook the car up to a battery charger during the tinting, rather than running the engine. (y)

Reactions: wwahl

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I left the doors open off and on for a couple of days while installing my radar detector and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer that diagnosed a low battery that triggered the light. What鈥檚 interesting is that the car had charged the battery back up but the Alert stayed until the dealer cleared it.
Wow interesting. Thanks for the input guys. This is my First time buying a more expensive car so maybe I'm just the one getting paranoid 馃槄. But is there Anything else I should be wary about?

How about fuel? It states minimum 95 octane. Will the occasional 90octane really do the engine bad? I'm mostly going to be city driving anyway not much super long drives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.