Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope all is going well!

We are going for a test drive on a Macan (base) this Saturday and will be looking to put down a deposit after.

Just wondering for those that purchased in Australia, how much were you able to negotiate off the original price? Please feel free to include any tricks if you have ;)

Also in regards to the wheels, we are thinking of just going with the basic one but looking to replace it with the 21 inch once we have received the car. Would this cause any issues at all?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don’t think you will get far with negotiating a price, they are sell Macans hand over fist at the moment
No problem fitting 21‘s if you want to, just need to sort out your TPMS for your new rims

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
208 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Like Beardy said its a sellers market. Make sure you price what you want on the configurator and compare to what they offer you. Some dealers may ask more than the configurater price ( higher “dealer charges”). You can try and negotiate some freebies. I got window tint on the front windows, boot liner and coloured Porsche crests on the wheels. The best I have heard in Aus for a Gen 3 was 1.6% for a GTS - repeat Porsche customer, just to manage your expectations. The other question to ask is what build slots they can offer you. This could be more valuable than a $250 discount and can be different between dealers ( bigger ones get more allocations than smaller ones) Where in Australia are you based?
PS think the new base is a good buy, was my original order, but went S in the end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t think you will get far with negotiating a price, they are sell Macans hand over fist at the moment
No problem fitting 21‘s if you want to, just need to sort out your TPMS for your new rims
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback 😊

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Like Beardy said its a sellers market. Make sure you price what you want on the configurator and compare to what they offer you. Some dealers may ask more than the configurater price ( higher “dealer charges”). You can try and negotiate some freebies. I got window tint on the front windows, boot liner and coloured Porsche crests on the wheels. The best I have heard in Aus for a Gen 3 was 1.6% for a GTS - repeat Porsche customer, just to manage your expectations. The other question to ask is what build slots they can offer you. This could be more valuable than a $250 discount and can be different between dealers ( bigger ones get more allocations than smaller ones) Where in Australia are you based?
PS think the new base is a good buy, was my original order, but went S in the end.
Thanks for the info and yeah we like the S too, it definitely have the performance but it’s just abit over our budget!
We are in South Australia 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey everyone, I am new to the forum as well, put my deposit in August and expect delivery around Jan/Feb 22. Going for the base Macan with very few options added.. keen to keep it down to around AUD 100k mark.

Ty1993, I was able to secure a minor discount of around 1.8% when I put in my deposit.. no freebies were offered unfortunately.

Porsche Code : PNPVZD59

1 - 6 of 6 Posts