Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I had AWE touring on my Macan turbo and I took it off because I was supposed to trade the vehicle in. The dealership ended up dropping the ball on my new vehicle coming in so, I kept the turbo and bought another AWE exhaust system (used)

As much as I love how much the AWE sounds at times it may be a little too loud for me. What I’m thinking about doing is ordering some resonators and having them weld it in. Has anyone done this before?

Ive watched videos of the soul performance exhaust it does seem a little bit quieter than the AWE touring. But it’s very hard to tell from the video clips on YouTube. Does anyone have the soul system?

I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Long story short, I had AWE touring on my Macan turbo and I took it off because I was supposed to trade the vehicle in. The dealership ended up dropping the ball on my new vehicle coming in so, I kept the turbo and bought another AWE exhaust system (used)

As much as I love how much the AWE sounds at times it may be a little too loud for me. What I’m thinking about doing is ordering some resonators and having them weld it in. Has anyone done this before?

Ive watched videos of the soul performance exhaust it does seem a little bit quieter than the AWE touring. But it’s very hard to tell from the video clips on YouTube. Does anyone have the soul system?

Why not look for a used/new PSE?

Reactions: V6TT

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I’m with you Wheel. AWE Just a touch to loud......... at times. I’m still in the 800-1000 mile break-in period. The good. love the idle sound, the around town shifting notes, down shift sounds. The highway sound is a nice hum at 75. The bad. 15 second cold start is LOUD. So much so that I start it with the garage door closed, Wait, then open the door. Neighbors are close. Climbing hills. Very loud and vibrations in cab. all and all love it. Many complements. My brother was driving behind me in his convertible and called me saying it sounded f****n awesome. Buddy of mine thought his WRX was loud. I fired mine up and his eyes popped out of his head. BTW I did price a PSE installed at my dealer. Ready for this. $5,200. They added $1K to the Suncoast price plus said 8 hours labor. Too much for noise. Enjoy. Dave T.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I’m with you Wheel. AWE Just a touch to loud......... at times. I’m still in the 800-1000 mile break-in period. The good. love the idle sound, the around town shifting notes, down shift sounds. The highway sound is a nice hum at 75. The bad. 15 second cold start is LOUD. So much so that I start it with the garage door closed, Wait, then open the door. Neighbors are close. Climbing hills. Very loud and vibrations in cab. all and all love it. Many complements. My brother was driving behind me in his convertible and called me saying it sounded f****n awesome. Buddy of mine thought his WRX was loud. I fired mine up and his eyes popped out of his head. BTW I did price a PSE installed at my dealer. Ready for this. $5,200. They added $1K to the Suncoast price plus said 8 hours labor. Too much for noise. Enjoy. Dave T.
Enjoy the drone.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Saphhire Blue
40 Posts

Im thinking of buying some 14 inch Magnaflows and having them welded on instead of my stock mufflers. I want a little more sound. Let me know what you decide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the Euro Performance shop today that installed the system(Eurofed Preformance Buckhead) they fabricate systems for P cars, Lamborghini’s etc and he is installing, Vibrant 1792 resonator on each side this Thursday. I’ll advised everyone on the turn out.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Bruce. If you say so. Never had any type of sport exhaust to say it’s drone. They have 30 day trial with refund if I’m not happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same exhaust and agree with your feelings. You don’t have a before/after sound clip do you?

how is sound/ volume/ tone different now?

thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me see if I can figure out how to upload. I took a cold start video in my parking garage this morning

1 - 12 of 12 Posts