Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved this message on the MFD today after an engine start. I shut off the car, waited a minute, then started it again and no message.

The message wasn’t in my owner’s manual (book or electronic version).

Anyone else seen this message before?

Thank You

·
Registered
907 Posts
I recieved this message on the MFD today after an engine start. I shut off the car, waited a minute, then started it again and no message.

Thank You
I saw it once about two weeks ago. I turned the car off and right back on and it was gone. I'm thinking that maybe a synchro sensor may have had an issue, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I called the dealership when it happened and the SA I spoke with said it was probably a temporary under voltage. I was curious to know if this was more or less prevalent. Judging by the one response so far it seems like it’s not that prevalent. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank You
I have received the message several times. Porsche found other faults when reading the diagnostics. Then it happens again, so Porsche Germany recommend replace battery....so we did...guess what? Same AWD Fault again. Back at dealer with fault light left on for them to run diagnostics and send to Germany for evaluation again....my recommendation: don't ignore the light just because it goes away with the next start. Have your dealer run diagnostics, the AWD FAULT should not be happening.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have received the message several times. Porsche found other faults when reading the diagnostics. Then it happens again, so Porsche Germany recommend replace battery....so we did...guess what? Same AWD Fault again. Back at dealer with fault light left on for them to run diagnostics and send to Germany for evaluation again....my recommendation: don't ignore the light just because it goes away with the next start. Have your dealer run diagnostics, the AWD FAULT should not be happening.
Thanks for the report.

And ... welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Happens all the time in winter in addition a number of other faults at the same time. Moisture from the PCV system condenses in the throttle body area and freezes. Suspect if any part of that intake sensor system gets an odd reading, it can throw that code. For summer seeing that code, I would have no idea, but it is not nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the report.

And ... welcome to the forum.
Happens all the time in winter in addition a number of other faults at the same time. Moisture from the PCV system condenses in the throttle body area and freezes. Suspect if any part of that intake sensor system gets an odd reading, it can throw that code. For summer seeing that code, I would have no idea, but it is not nothing.
Further update: battery replaced, AWD fault happened again. Diagnostics sent to Germany. A week later, Germany determined the AWD controller module should be replaced. Hopefully that works, if not, there is another controller module they will replace.

Point is.... Don't ignore the AWD Fault warning, it shouldn't be happening. It's a Porsche, we pay for money for a good car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts