Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got delivery of my '20 S yesterday. It been so frustrated since no matter how I set the mirrors, door locks... to my preference. Every time I lock the door and unlock it, it went back to before and I lost all my settings.

After read the user's manual, i figured it's caused by the "auto memory" setting since if you turn it on, every time you lock the door, all setting will be erased. After a long thought, I think I found the solution, I unlocked the door, unset the "auto memory", set everything to my preference and locked the door again so my settings would not be erased. Unlocked the door again, turned on the "auto memory", locked the door again so all setting would be saved to my key fob. Unlocked it once again and turned off "auto memory" so I don't have to deal with these issues any more.

So the question is, how do you erase the settings that saved in your key fob? Any one has better solution than what I've been through? German engineering? Gees!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Maybe the '20s are different, but in my '15 and my '17, with the car running, I set everything the way I want it, then press 'set' on the door, followed by 1 or 2, depending on which memory I want as mine. You'll get an audible 'ding'. Then I press 'set' again and press the key symbol which stores the settings in the key which is in the car. You'll get the audible 'ding' again. This has never failed to store my desired settings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After reading the manual, and doing some testing, this is the results I came up with. if auto memory is on and working correctly, every time you lock the doors, the current setup is saved to that key. When you get back into the car with the same key, the setup should be the same as when you exited the vehicle. With auto memory off, you can manually save the settings to your key by pressing the set button and then the key button on your door. The settings on the key should not change unless you turn auto memory back on or manually save new settings

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading the manual, and doing some testing, this is the results I came up with. if auto memory is on and working correctly, every time you lock the doors, the current setup is saved to that key. When you get back into the car with the same key, the setup should be the same as when you exited the vehicle. With auto memory off, you can manually save the settings to your key by pressing the set button and then the key button on your door. The settings on the key should not change unless you turn auto memory back on or manually save new settings

Yes, that's my observation too. Some one at the dealership set everything to his preferences with "auto memory" so the key fob is his settings. When I set everything to my preference, but it's gone after I locked the door. When I used the key fob to unlock, "auto memory" was turned on again. I got pissed and set everything over again with "auto memory" off. But next time you lock and unlock the door again, the same story repeats...:mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
If auto memory is turned on in your pcm, your new settings should be saved to the key every time you lock the door. The dealership settings should not be on the key anymore. After turning off auto memory, did you manually save the new settings to your key? Turning off auto memory doesn’t disable memory settings, it just doesn’t resave every time you lock the door.

The simplest thing to do is uncheck auto memory in the pcm, set everything how you want it, then press the set button and then the key button on the door. On the door, you should see a red light turn on when you press the set button and then hear a beep when you press the key button.

Yes, that's my observation too. Some one at the dealership set everything to his preferences with "auto memory" so the key fob is his settings. When I set everything to my preference, but it's gone after I locked the door. When I used the key fob to unlock, "auto memory" was turned on again. I got pissed and set everything over again with "auto memory" off. But next time you lock and unlock the door again, the same story repeats.../forum/images/smilies/mad.gif

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every time I change something in the car I want to keep I press Set + 1 to save it in memory and Set + Key to save it in my key.

By doing this, is it just saved the seat, steering wheel and mirror into the key? How about AC, down mirror when reverse, auto_memory, locking, wiper, lighting and all other settings?

·
Registered
413 Posts
By doing this, is it just saved the seat, steering wheel and mirror into the key? How about AC, down mirror when reverse, auto_memory, locking, wiper, lighting and all other settings?
I didn't check locking or wiper, but AC for sure as the only reason I've been doing it lately is to change the temperature.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my 2019, it works fine. Put things where I want, press Set, press Key, hear a ding and all is well.

Thank you, I'll try that now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help, I think I got all my preferences saved in both 1 and key, I will disable the auto memory from now on:|

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
As soon as I read about auto memory, I disabled it.
When I (rarely) wanted to make a change; SET, 1, SET, KEY.
Done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Auto memory is just not correctly implemented in my opinion. After we bought the Macan it drove me mad for a while, since it randomly lost my settings.

Then I disabled it and simply used Set + Key every time I make a change I want to be permanent, and that works fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
[email protected]>@W
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing