Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing one.

I searched the forum and can see it's well established that it will work to reset the oil service register on the Macan.

Sincity said that Autel told him it will retract the rear parking brake for pad replacement, but has anyone actually used this tool to do so on the Macan?

Same question regarding registering a new battery. Autel says that in general the tool can do this, but has anyone actually used it for this on a Macan? (I recognize that the vast majority of us are still on our original batteries).

Finally, can it display the trans temperature as the Foxwell tool did yesterday for Gmammakn?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I used it for retracing the rear brake just last week. In the tool's options I also saw the option to reset the oil counter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts

I searched the forum and can see it's well established that it will work to reset the oil service register on the Macan.

Sincity said that Autel told him it will retract the rear parking brake for pad replacement, but has anyone actually used this tool to do so on the Macan?

Same question regarding registering a new battery. Autel says that in general the tool can do this, but has anyone actually used it for this on a Macan? (I recognize that the vast majority of us are still on our original batteries).

Finally, can it display the trans temperature as the Foxwell tool did yesterday for Gmammakn?

Thanks.
@Shark Didn't find the PDK temp, but here are some screenshots for Maintenance Reset, EPB, and Battery. So far, I've only used for Maintenance Reset. Hope this helps!

UPDATE: new link with PDK transmission monitoring shown: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eOrAjvr0Kjj_oXgeEb1rDxYHFcL_K37x

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Seems to be a nice tool for us DIY’ers at $260 on Amazon.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.
Both Autel MD808 and Launch CRP129 can reset oil light and EPB,but not sure if it support batteries manage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Both Autel MD808 and Launch CRP129 can reset oil light and EPB,but not sure if it support batteries manage.
Now they change the name into Launch Creader VIII,Sorry I can't add link.you can get it by search "B012V900SO" on amazon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok , you said autel works.. but no video of the job done, or being done, I doubt it will work, I have tried the icarsoft and ... it does not communicate with the Macan.
Moreover Autel, what about the sofware licence cost renewal after 1 year ?? it cost almost the price of the tool

Like Trump I believe in Fake news and comments on various Forums and also on Amazon, it is plenty of "trolls "who are paid to place positive assessment of the various tools from china.

My advice so far, Do not buy these tools, you will save your money,

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok , you said autel works.. but no video of the job done, or being done, I doubt it will work, I have tried the icarsoft and ... it does not communicate with the Macan.
Moreover Autel, what about the sofware licence cost renewal after 1 year ?? it cost almost the price of the tool

Like Trump I believe in Fake news and comments on various Forums and also on Amazon, it is plenty of "trolls "who are paid to place positive assessment of the various tools from china.

My advice so far, Do not buy these tools, you will save your money,

icarsoft works for maintenance resets on a 17S (and a 15 Cayman). I did update the software as instructed before trying it out.. Haven't tried to do anything else, but $$ well spent for me. My local dealer refused to reset any maintenance lights for any cost unless they did the work so not very supportive for any sort of DIY. Doesn't encourage me to support their dealership.

There may be a lag time before it works on the latest model year.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So...
Launch X431 Creader VIII Creader 8 Professional Dignostic Tool OBD2 Scanner
by Launch Tech USA

$219.00

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Launch-Professional-Dignostic-Transmission-Activation/dp/B012V900SO[/ame]
=========================================
Autel MD808 Maxidiag Diagnostic Scanner Tool
$249.00

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MD808-Diagnostic-Transmission-Combination/dp/B0714HWSYY/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1535576449&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=autel+md808+obdii+scanner&psc=1[/ame]

====================================
Either of these tools will reset oil change reminder on Macan?
(Need windows computer to do update?)
I remember reading about how some tools work for Macan MY 20xx but not 20xy....
So, having MY 2016, it will not do me any good if I buy a tool that works on MY 2015 but not MY 2016.

Also, what is this about needing to pay for annual software updates?
I hope that is not true.

If I pay $>$200 so I can DIY oil change & then every year must pay ~ $200 to continue using the tool, it is a waste of $ vs. paying the dealer to do the oil change & reset the nag screen.

I doubt it is true that one must pay almost the purchase price every yer to keep using the tool.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am still looking for any scan tool that supports the 2018 Macan. I just got off a chat with Autel and was told that 2018 is not supported on any of their devices. Pretty sure Foxwell/Schwaben and Icarsoft POR II don't either. Does anyone have any other news, rumor, or innuendo regarding (at the very least) Oil/Maintenance reset on a 2018?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this to clear the airbag light on my 2018 Macan GTS and can confirm that it works.

(I just registered to share this with everyone so I can't post a link but just paste this into Amazon's search bar (I bought the red one)) "iCarsoft Auto Diagnostic Scanner POR V1.0 for PORSCHE with Airbag Scan,Oil Service Reset ect"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought Autel MD808 Pro (All Systems) on Amazon for $177. Hooked it up to my 2018 Macan S, looks like everything works.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714GBRZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also just bought and Autel MD808 Pro off amazon, it reset my 2017 Macan S Oil change indicator perfectly. I have not used it on EPB (for rear pad change) or the battery swap but it looks like it would work. Scan tool is also pretty comprehensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also just bought and Autel MD808 Pro off amazon, it reset my 2017 Macan S Oil change indicator perfectly. I have not used it on EPB (for rear pad change) or the battery swap but it looks like it would work. Scan tool is also pretty comprehensive.
Macan1989,
Please let us know if it will actually perform a new battery registration on your Macan. Unfortunately, the iCarsoft POR V2.0 unit that was supposed to do this was unable to perform this task. I returned mine because of this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts