Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this tool can scan and clear faults in all control modules? Such as suspension, pcm, headlights, door modules etc?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The "Pro" version does. It has to be the "MD808 Pro" scanner.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I purchased the Autel AP200 and this also does. However you can only use it on one manufacturer of car for free otherwise you have to pay per manufacturer.

Seems to work well and scanned all the Control modules (32 to be exact)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the MD808 Pro for three functions and have used two of them (service reminder reset and electric parking brake service) with great success. It claims to do battery registration but I haven't been able to test that function yet. Even finding a battery for these Macans is near impossible.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I ended up buying the md808 pro as well and am happy with it so far. It does a full auto scan, it did the interim service indicator reset for me so far

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did clear an error in the parking brake after changing the pads. At the time I didn’t have the unit to retract the motor so I did the battery and wire to spin the motor. This created some sort of error in the system and I cleared it with the MD808pro.

I found this somewhat useful screen on battery life too...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just want to add that the MD808 Pro can also read the lane change assist (LCA) module and clear codes. After leaving a light and my battery going flat the LCA would shut off when the auto start stop feature kicked in. I used the MD808 Pro to clear the communication/low voltage errors from the flat battery in the LCA module and have not had the issue since. This tool is well worth the money, that would have been $$$ just to get the dealer to just clear the codes on their PWSIS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did clear an error in the parking brake after changing the pads. At the time I didn’t have the unit to retract the motor so I did the battery and wire to spin the motor. This created some sort of error in the system and I cleared it with the MD808pro.

I found this somewhat useful screen on battery life too...
How did you find that screen for battery life? I sat in my driveway yesterday for ten minutes looking for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How did you find that screen for battery life? I sat in my driveway yesterday for ten minutes looking for it.
I’ve stepped away for a bit, sorry for the delay.

I know it was in the live data but I don’t remember exactly where. I’ll see if I can recreate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So tired of paying "service fees'" to do oil reset, and service maintenance codes. If i'd have done this earlier, it would be paid for now.
What do you guys recommend? Really just want to clear codes. Durametric, Icart, Autel etc? Please be specific, with model #'s.
I also have, two 911's, a late '95, and 2014, if that enters into the equation.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Done the searches, everything looks to be 2016-18. What is the latest, most popular scanning device? Really just looking to clear
oil, and service, and battery reset codes? Thanks, for your recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
See either or both of the following:

There's always PIWIS - that's what the dealer uses (bring your wallet...). As of Feb. 2019:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the 808 pro turn off the Air Suspension?
Need to turn it off for the PDK service during ATF fill when you need to engage the transmission. Holding the "lowering" button will not work, as once the transmission is engaged it switches the leveling back on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think this is a great topic and would love to get some clarification. Here's a summary of my reading - but could be wrong as I have no first hand experience.

ICarSoft Por II - will reset for 2015 - 2016 Macan, but not do brakes, battery, or later service reset.

iCarSoft Por V2.0 - will reset service up to 2019, do brakes, battery (with updated software).

Foxwell NT-510 - will not do service reset of the 2017 and newer.

Autel MD808 - will do everything up to 2019

PIWIS III is awesome, but you could just pay the dealer at that price.

Any others?

Not sure which ones to lock out Air Suspension (above comment), get temperature of PDK fluid (for fluid change), etc.

I think most people want (in North America - if EU would add DPF region):
  • Code Reader
  • Service reset
  • Rear brake caliper opening for pad replacement (or just connect battery)
  • Register new battery
Please contribute or correct my above if you have any experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also wanted to add the Foxwell NT520 and NT530 which are supposed to work (but I don't have confirmation).

People have mentioned Launch Creader and x431 too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger... Icarsoft V2.0. Supposed to do oil, service, e-brake, batt registration, that all I really need. Does it? If I'm making a mistake please inform me!
Just seems like for $145 It's the way to go, but could be persuaded otherwise. Thank You!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Before you put in the order, maybe double check with icarsoft for your exact model year Macan. I read inconsistent reports. Hopefully another owner will come in with first hand experience (like you I want to buy something, but would prefer to have some feedback first).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger... Icarsoft V2.0. Supposed to do oil, service, e-brake, batt registration, that all I really need. Does it? If I'm making a mistake please inform me!
Just seems like for $145 It's the way to go, but could be persuaded otherwise. Thank You!
I bought the Icarsoft V2.0 18 months ago because it was supposed to do battery registration. After I got it, I discovered that it would do this for all Porsche models except the Macan. I contacted their tech support and they confirmed that it would not perform a battery registration on the Macan. They told me that although they were "working on it", they had no date in mind. I returned the unit and got a refund. Perhaps they have updated it. I don't know. Best to hear from someone on this forum who has actually performed/verified this action rather than speculating.

·
Registered
55 Posts
These were the posts I had seen on POR V2.0 regarding battery registration. Not sure if it works for all years of cars, or 2015 - 16 only. I'll be anxious to see what you hear back @red67.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts