Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Interesting...

I finally found the Cayenne Option price list and it clearly quotes all option prices include GST and LCT, but exclude on-road costs. So I think we're all off if we're calculating LCT or GST on the options. They already include them. I've checked the online configurator and the prices in my Cayenne brochure from porsche are identical to the configurator.

So good news, the prices on the drive-away price porsche website should be pretty accurate. I've checked online and mine is about $1K over the website vs my contract. I can scan the brochure if you need me to.
My contract indicates that the options prices, as advertised on the configurator, do not yet include LCT:

Can you please scan and post/pm me this section of your contract please? If LCT is already included then I have been ripped off severely.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
From the Cayenne brochure:

Hope this helps, Chylld...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Interesting, those figures match the Cayenne configurator figures, which strongly implies that the Macan configurator figures (as well as those shown on my contract) already include LCT.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hey @chylld any chance of updating the spreadsheet with the new base prices?
Please???
New base vehicle prices? I have seen a few and the situation is a bit different from what I originally thought.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The sport pack is the first 150 cars, not necessarily the first 150 customers. They have the highlighted options as standard and cost:

S petrol: $100,560
S diesel: $98,270
Turbo: $134,740
(prices include GST and LCT but not dealer delivery and on-roads)

If you want all 6 sport pack options then they represent roughly $3000 saving for each model.
As an expat Aussie not living in Canada and also buying a Macan, all I can say is WOW. You guys are fleeced, horrendous pricing!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
As an expat Aussie not living in Canada and also buying a Macan, all I can say is WOW. You guys are fleeced, horrendous pricing!
It's ok we have costco here now, vaseline is cheaper in bulk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey @chylld any chance of updating the spreadsheet with the new base prices?
Please???
After visiting the dealer this morning I have good news and bad news.

Good news: option prices already include LCT and GST! :D No more multiplying by 1.365 (just 1.05 for stamp duty now)

Bad news: if your contract, like mine, looked like it was calculating LCT on options twice, this was just a quirk of the dealer's contract system to account for the dealer delivery fee. The resultingly low base price (~$82k) on my contracts which formed the basis of my spreadsheet is thus invalid.

As such, the dealer delivery fee is not 2% but is instead around AU$7,500 for Macan S models. Macan Turbo around AU$8,000. (inc LCT and GST but not stamp duty)

I've spent more energy than I'd like to admit arguing over the figures with the dealer, but in light of the dealer delivery fee transparency achieved today, the numbers twist themselves around to end up near enough to what the online calculator says. Thus no more need for my spreadsheet.

So, whether or not your invoice appears to be double-charging LCT, the main checkpoint is that your post-LCT, pre-onroads total is:

Total = RRP (e.g. 87200 for S) + Dealer Delivery (above) + Sum of option prices (as displayed on configurator)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks @chylld
My comments were referring to the configurator. The drive away price has gone up since it has come back online.
I think your comments above explain it.
No order from me yet, don't order cars without driving!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's ok we have costco here now, vaseline is cheaper in bulk
Argh, with those dealer delivery charges I would buy plenty of Vaseline and some form of vapour rub for your back which will get sore from all that bending over ... Wow.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks Chylld for all your work assessing the info and coming to a definitive conclusion. If there was more transparency from the dealers in terms of a breakdown of their dealer delivery we could have saved ourselves some time and angst.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, many thanks to chylld for the meticulous information. In my case at least it has helped to form a good idea of the price I expect to pay to help reach a decision. That said I haven't made a decision to put an order. I've got 2 kids - 6 and 2 - and just have to personally eyeball the back seat to see if it's decent enough. We are in an X1 at the moment and have been contemplating a second car, first candidate was X3 but then it looks very dated. Then came the new X5 which comes up to around 100-110k and boom the Macan came into radar to be had around same price. I have my sights on it as a weekend "hobby" car while the X1 does school runs. But still want to see how the backseat in real life especially after reading the target demographics are no-kids couples.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yes, many thanks to chylld for the meticulous information. In my case at least it has helped to form a good idea of the price I expect to pay to help reach a decision. That said I haven't made a decision to put an order. I've got 2 kids - 6 and 2 - and just have to personally eyeball the back seat to see if it's decent enough. We are in an X1 at the moment and have been contemplating a second car, first candidate was X3 but then it looks very dated. Then came the new X5 which comes up to around 100-110k and boom the Macan came into radar to be had around same price. I have my sights on it as a weekend "hobby" car while the X1 does school runs. But still want to see how the backseat in real life especially after reading the target demographics are no-kids couples.
You must get a Macan. There is no competition and compared to the other locals the pricing is pretty competitive as long as you tear up the options list and pretend it never existed (your car will still look better and drive better than the competition).

You may be interested to know the X3 has just received a MUCH NEEDED facelift / LCI (Life Cycle Impulse in BMW speak) and it looks quite a bit better (more in line with the new X5 - talk about damning with faint praise):

Lots of info on the web and here:

2014 BMW X3: new diesel engine, fresh styling for mid-sized SUV | CarAdvice

·
Registered
11 Posts
You must get a Macan. There is no competition and compared to the other locals the pricing is pretty competitive as long as you tear up the options list and pretend it never existed (your car will still look better and drive better than the competition).

You may be interested to know the X3 has just received a MUCH NEEDED facelift / LCI (Life Cycle Impulse in BMW speak) and it looks quite a bit better (more in line with the new X5 - talk about damning with faint praise):

Lots of info on the web and here:

2014 BMW X3: new diesel engine, fresh styling for mid-sized SUV | CarAdvice

Thanks for the info. The refreshed X3 really ups the game but as you said the Macan has its specialty. I certainly agree it should drive better and the brand Porsche just feels a notch of an 'upgrade' than BMW (please beemer fans don't troll me! I am just an amateur car enthusiast so in every likelihood you are right that I don't know what I'm talking about :p ).

If go for the X3 or X5 it really is for its utilitarian purpose - for its practicality, space. With the Macan it feels like a personal collection - not unlike when buying an expensive watch for the first time. That said, I know I will miss the 360 degrees top view/surround view in the BMW. I haven't come across any literature indicating Porsche offers this feature.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.