Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The Aus retail list prices in the Official Porsche Macan Pricing thread include LCT but do not include dealer delivery. First subtract LCT, add 2% dealer delivery, then recalculate LCT on the new total. Then add stamp duty, rego, ctp and you have your on-road figure.

For options, multiply the options pricing by 1.365 (30% LCT then 5% stamp duty) and add to the on-road figures above

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chylld,
Are you saying the Driveaway calculator does not include Dealer Delivery?
Either it does not include dealer delivery, or my contract has an elevated base price and I've been ripped off.

I need to check some things...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Playing around with the online driveaway price calculator, it appears that it does not add any LCT for options. Adding $48,100 worth of options only increases the quoted driveaway price by $50,505 which is an increase of exactly 5% i.e. stamp duty.

Still trying to see how they come up with a different price without options though...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK if we subtract dealer delivery and LCT on options, then we end up with almost exactly the numbers that are spat out of the online calculator.

Wonder if anyone has attempted to print out a quote and sign on it at the dealer? :)

Also note that the numbers in my original post assume business registration - private is a few hundred bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My understanding is that the option prices on the PCA Configurator already include GST and LCT, but not stamp duty or dealer delivery.
Interesting... my contract has LCT calculated on base + options (i.e. says option prices do not yet include LCT)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Porsche really need to sort out the Configurator - they are in serious breach of the ACCC regulations! If the options don't include LCT then the options pricing is ludicrous. The option prices seemed ok compared to US /Germany / UK if they included GST and LCT. As you say,mine Configurator just adds stamp duty to the option prices!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you configure a booster on the Configurator and add metallic paint at $1850 is just adds $1850 + 5% stamp duty to the driveaway price. Carsales also calculates driveaway price this way for Boxster, lets hope the option prices do include LCT and the dealer just made a mistake on your contract as it was the first (which they can correct).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually, I stand corrected. Carsales does add the LCT to the options pricing.

This could be a deal breaker for me.

I was willing to choke on $8,670 for bicolor leather (which is AUD5580 in Germany including 19% GST) but $11,700 including LCT but excluding stamp duty!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmmmm. :confused:I think we need to get this confirmed. I have been making comparisons using this configurator, if I need to add LCT to options + 2% delivery (rort by the way, should be fixed value) it's not looking so favourable.

Luke - can you send the link to the Carsales configurator please? I can't find it.
Thx
BA

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I stand corrected. Carsales does add the LCT to the options pricing.

This could be a deal breaker for me.

I was willing to choke on $8,670 for bicolor leather (which is AUD5580 in Germany including 19% GST) but $11,700 including LCT but excluding stamp duty!!!!!!
Add heating and ventilation for the front seats only and all of a sudden red/black is $15,765.65. I'm 51% sure I'm getting this but I don't know whether to laugh or cry :eek:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmmm. :confused:I think we need to get this confirmed. I have been making comparisons using this configurator, if I need to add LCT to options + 2% delivery (rort by the way, should be fixed value) it's not looking so favourable.
2% dealer delivery is only on the base price of the vehicle, not options. LCT and stamp duty is added on top of options though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The carsales Configurator that i was referring to (that does add LCT to the Porsche option 'prices' was for the Boxster. Macan is not yet on carsales.

Pretty disappointed that the prices on the Porche Configurator don't include LCT and that the driveaway price calculator doesn't add dealer delivery or LCT to options.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi All,

Another Aussie here! Will introduce myself in the other forum shortly...

I also noticed the pricing difference between the configurator and my contract of sale with respect to options pricing. I spoke to my dealership and they said they were 99% sure the figures they were quoting were correct and the configurator is incorrect. They are coming back to me with more info when they find out why the configurator pricing is incorrect (of course I'm hoping it's the other way around).

If you look at pricing for the new Cayenne Platinum Edition, the configurator says it's $100,329 on road which doesn't sound correct to me either. In terms of option pricing I did visit a porsche dealership about 6 months ago and they gave me an option pricing list for the Cayenne and the option pricing DID already include LCT from memory, which I found surprising. I'll see if I've still got it somewhere and then compare the pricing to the Cayenne configurator.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they said they were 99% sure the figures they were quoting were correct and the configurator is incorrect ... of course I'm hoping it's the other way around
I hope so too. Welcome to the forum!

I could afford sooo many more toys if the options included LCT already... :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
That Porsche configurator is def playing up, every time I price up my Macan I get a different drive away price.
Also the cayenne platinum edition is coming up at $100,000 drive away, this costs an extra 12K in the US. Don't know what's going on?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A recent 981 Cayman S owner on the Gold Coast has confirmed that options pricing does not include LCT.

So times all those option prices by 1.365!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.